Working with Government Agencies in Antitrust Law is an authoritative, insider's perspective on interacting with government agencies during antitrust investigations. Featuring partners and chairs from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the stages of an agency investigation and the key practical considerations for each stage. These top lawyers reveal their advice on the initial analysis of the investigation and preliminary research, the role of the client in managing communications, strategic cooperation with agency officials, and negotiation techniques. Additionally, these leaders discuss how to mitigate risk through compliance, manage antitrust considerations in international jurisdictions, and analyze current enforcement trends both domestically and abroad. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable Business Due Diligence Strategies is an authoritative, insider s perspective on best practices for performing due diligence during domestic and cross-border transactions. Featuring partners and chairs from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts provide an overview of the standard due diligence framework for M&A transactions as well as a discussion of recent trends and developments that have affected the due diligence process. These top M&A lawyers give tips on developing an effective approach, including understanding the client s preferred work product and the transaction timeline, structuring the team that will best facilitate the process, and accounting for any limits imposed on the extent of diligence that can be performed. Additionally, these leaders discuss potential pitfalls for both new associates and more seasoned attorneys, offer thoughts on the most challenging aspects of the process, and provide insight into the impact of the current economic climate on due diligence. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating this ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Curtis G. Carlson, Partner & Steven M. Haas, Attorney, Hunton & Williams LLP A Search for Understanding: Due Diligence and the M&A Deal
2. Harvey E. Bines, Partner, Sullivan & Worcester LLP Due Diligence as a Duty
3. Paul S. Ware, Partner, Bradley Arant Rose & White LLP Developing an Effective Approach to Due Diligence
4. Roddy Bailey, Partner, Miller & Martin PLLC Obtaining Key Information: Due Diligence Strategies for Today s Business World
5. Christopher Boies, Partner & Mike Huang, Attorney, Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP Due Diligence The Foundation to a Successful Transation
6. Richard Cicchillo Jr., Partner and Team Leader, Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities Team, Kilpatrick Stockton LLP Domestic and Cross-Border M&A: Unique Diligence Concerns and Solutions