|Print List Price:||$19.95|
Save $1.99 (10%)
Business Grammar, Style & Usage: A Desk Reference for Articulate & Polished Business Writing & Speaking Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- It is intended for business writing, as the title clearly stated. It is not appropriate for school or university level students.
- It is firmly based on US writing style. If you operate in an environment that dislikes the US style, you will have to tamper some of the advice given to suit your environment. However, it is fair to say that the US style dominates the business world anyway.
- Styles do vary over the years. Since it was written in 2003, things may have changed by the time you get it.
Overall, it points out many common mistakes; and encourages a direct, clear, easy-to-understand approach to writing. If your work setting requires you to use a different approach, then what the book teaches works against you. For example, if you must write in passive voice, or avoid use of "I" at all costs (preferring "this reviewer" instead), or favours fancy constructs (e.g. "It should be noted that ...", "Having said that, on the other hand, ..."), and so on.
I personally like the US style. But I am working in Australia, where we only partially accept the US style. That's why the 4-star rating.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is exactly what I was looking for! I'm a busy Marketing professional & I needed something small & straightforward that I could easily travel with. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
The book arrived quickly and was exactly what I was expecting.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
I just wanted something different than this book. But this book also gives some good suggestions.Published 12 months ago by Shuying
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Education & Reference
- Books > Business & Money > Skills > Business Writing
- Books > Law
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Skills > Business Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Law
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference