From the Back Cover
Need a hand with your business strategy? This fully updated guide leads you through all aspects of business planning, from clarifying objectives and finding funding, to researchingcustomer behaviour and developing an e-presence. It contains the latest information on planning methods and initiatives (including planning in turbulent times), as well as a sample business plan to get you off to a flying start.
- Realise your long-term goals — understand what you want from your business and where you are headed
- Check out the competition — practise the latest market research techniques to best position your business
- Sort out your finances — construct a value chain, examine your cash-flow and calculate a sensible budget
- Prepare for change — learn to read cultural, political and technological trends and develop strategic alternatives
- Establish yourself — raise venture capital and market share, expand your workforce and plan the next stage for your business
Open the book and find:
- Tips on writing a motivational mission statement
- Details of the latest consumer trends and online research resources
- How to seize lucrative opportunities before your competitors
- Forecasting and budgeting strategies for all businesses
- Guidance on managing more than one product
- Advice on hiring and firing
- Ways to adapt your business model to economic change
- How to sell up and move on
- Put together a watertight business strategy
- Plan achievable business goals
- Take advantage of the latest technology and marketing trends
About the Author
Steven Peterson is the founder of Home Planet Technologies, a management training company.
Colin Barrow is Head of the Enterprise Group at Cranfield School of Management and the bestselling author of Starting a Business For Dummies.