Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
+ $5.58 shipping
Business Valuation Principles Paperback – December 28, 2016
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
From the Back Cover
Business Valuation PrinciplesWHAT YOU MUST KNOW AND WHY IT MATTERS
- Partner Buy Sell - Agreement & Negotiations: Best friends become enemies
- Financing: Banks calculate a value, but knowledge is power with our 9 methods
- Fairness Opinion: Board needs to know if a transaction makes sense
- Key Person Life Insurance - Reduces risk
- Employee Stock - IRS requires a market value for equity distributions
- New Partner - Equity value is essential for any partner changes
- Investment - Investors know what value they want but do you know value?
- Estate & Gift Allocations - IRS allows $20,000 tax free gifts per year to heirs
- Tax Considerations - Out of market expenses need to be adjusted into cash flow
- Purchase Allocations - Acquisitions need to be allocated for tax and records
- Succession Planning - What is your business worth now? Goal for next 3-5 years.
- Performance Metric - With nine values there are opportunities to track progress
- Discount Factor Incorrect
- Bank Interest Rate as Discount Factor
- Rule of Thumb EBITDA
- Use of Unadjusted Balance Sheet
- Compare Public Companies to Private
- Do Not Look at Revenue Multiplier
- Use Only Historical Income Method
- Forget Discount Application
- No Terminal Value
About the Author
Dale S. Richards specializes in Management & Marketing Consulting, Technology Commercialization and Business Financing. He has spent 25+ years consulting with over 150 businesses and universities on corporate structure, finance, organization, employee productivity, technology and product development strategies, process and resource productivity, contracts, marketing and financing. Mr. Richards is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) with the National Association of Certified Business Valuators and a Utah Vistage CEO Advisory Board Chair and an international speaker with 200+ speeches given in three countries and 35+ states.