Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Busy Person's Guide to Permanent Weight Loss
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 12, 2007
I love this book! It is not going on my bookshelf--it is staying on my kitchen counter. Reading it, I felt that at last, I could succeed in taking off weight for good. After all, Dr. Jampolis's other patients did and their problems were exactly the same as mine. She shares their stories and offers practical solutions. She showed me how I could lose weight even when I was travelling, or eating out, or celebrating the holidays. In her down-to-earth style, she even outlined what to order at fast food restaurants. And finally, she demystified the glycemic index. She is practical, easy to read and her advice is coming from a real doctor who is also a certified nutritionist. All this--and delicious recipes, too! Five stars, indeed!
on February 13, 2007
The information contained in this book is based on common sense and common science. I don't have to track points or keep my body in ketosis; I don't have to combine certain foods or eliminate my glass of Cabernet. I can have a piece of chocolate and not feel like I was "cheating." The book just outlines a sensible way to eat and puts food in the proper perspective. I even tried one of the recipes -- easy chili - quick and tasty!

I especially appreciated the case studies - they were stories of real people with real challenges. It was inspiring the way Dr. Melina worked with her patients to discover the most effective plan for each one. They lost weight slowly and consistently. I used to feel pretty depressed when I'd lose only a half a pound a week, but after reading these stories, I realize that it's the way to remain healthy while losing weight, and ultimately to keep the excess weight off long-term. That alone was worth the price of the book - I'm more patient with my weight loss journey and more relaxed about when I'll reach my weight-loss goal. It will come.
on May 29, 2007
This book was a godsend. I had successfully managed to lose 65 pounds using a form of low-carb dieting. And though I was thrilled to be rid of the weight, I was left with the heavy burden of knowing that it would quickly come back as soon as I began touching carbohydrates. In fact I had become resigned to the idea that I was destined to live without love handles or my beloved bread. Reading the no time to lose diet helped me to learn how to eat sensibly and gave me a new sense of control in my life. Since reading the book actually lost 7 pounds I eat pancakes for breakfast one or two times a week and have some type of bread everyday. I can't tell you what a relief it is to live like a normal person and not have to be fat at the same time. As someone who has read virtually every diet book written I highly recommend this book as it will not only help you lose weight but it will help you live a happy normal life.
on April 24, 2007
Following the principles outlined by Dr. Jampolis in this book I lost over 35 pounds of fat while increasing my muscle mass. Friends ask me how I did it? what diet am I on? The answer: "I am not on a diet!" By following Dr. Jampolis' advice I learned to modify the way I eat so that I can still have all the foods I like so much. Often times it is not even about what I eat but when I eat. I do not feel deprived of any food. I never miss out on going out with friends for dinner.

I am 33yo male, I have been overweight all my adult life and most of my teenage life. I enjoy good food and I love sweets. In the past, I managed to drop the weight here and there but it always came back. This time I know that I am not going to gain weight again because I am not on a diet. The principles outlined make sense and are easy to follow. My diet has not changed overnight, but gradually I learned how to tailor it to suit my needs. The best part is that I am still losing weight while enjoying a piece of cholate when I want it!

I highly recommend Dr. Jampolis' book to anybody who is looking to improve their everyday diet permanently. The book is full of practical advice that can be easily followed. This book has changed my life (I am serious when I say that). It has helped me feel better about myself. I hope it will do the same for you!
You can probably come up with a hundred excuses for why you can't lose weight. I know I did but Dr. Melina took them all away in The No Time to Lose Diet!

No time to cook? There are numerous recipes with five ingredients or less, requiring little or no time or culinary skill. Hate to count calories? You don't have to; just keep up with food groups. No time to exercise? That's okay; Dr. Melina shows you how to build exercise into your daily routines. Going on vacation? No problem, you can cheat smart and maintain your weight loss. Does your car double as your dining room? Not to worry, there are even guidelines for the best fast food choices.

If you are ready to give up the excuses and the extra weight, then this is the book for you. Dr. Melina's plan is simple and easy to follow. She gives sound advice, practical applications and real life experiences. And best of all, it works!
on July 25, 2007
This works. It is not a "diet" but a better way of eating, for life. Dr. Jampolis shows how to add protein to your meals and snacks 6 times a day, add exercise, how to shop. There are no "specialty foods", just regular things at your grocery. I have lost fat, gained muscle, and still have lost weight. Her book is also easy to reference when one has questions, e.g. hitting a plateau and how to handle it Going out for dinner? - she tells you how to do it, enjoy yourself, but not stray. Even a glass of wine is ok. Weight loss is slow, but for me, unlike other quick-loss plans, this is permanent. Thank you.
on February 10, 2007
I have tried many, many diets, and this one is perhaps the most straightforward and easy to follow. The basic principles are similar to WW, but this one gives you a few other guiding principles, which if you incorporate them into your life, will make a HUGE difference in how you look and feel. I have seen her show on FIT TV, and I happened to have seen her recently on a segment of Regis & Kelly. She really seems to know what she is talking about...
on June 23, 2007
I definitely fit the definition of a "busy person." Like many people, I do not have hours to devote to cooking healthy meals and working out at the gym. Nor do I have time to read a book about nutrition and exercise. But trust me when I say you need this book!

I had seen Dr. Melina's series on Fit TV and really enjoyed it, so when I saw her book (and it's title!) I had to have it. I have learned so much. Her meals suggestions have been a lifesaver for me - I consult the book every week when I plan my meals and buy groceries. And the success stories that she includes - real people who have the same busy lifestyle - are such an inspiration.

This is not some crazy diet that is going to throw your life into disarray; these are real tips that you can slowly incorporate into your life to change into a healthier person. Dr. Melina even tackles issues like "But I hate Going to the Gym!" and eating out at restaurants.

After reading this book, you will be able to stick to a healthier lifestyle. Go get this book and start now!
on May 12, 2007
I've visited with two different nutritionists a variety of times. This book has done a better job in helping me to decide what to eat and why than they ever did.
on May 28, 2011
This book was informative. I really enjoyed those easy recipes in the back of the book, since I am not a "cook" but love to eat. I don't want to spend much time in the kitchen. These recipes proved to be easy to prepare while providing both protein and fiber suggestions for a healthier approach to living.