Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Butterfly Notebook
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 3, 2010
This item would definitly be more properly termed a noetpad vice notebook. It is very small. The picture on the front is nice however. All pages inside are blank...no graphics. I used this item to put me over $25 for free shipping, so for that purpose it was perfect.
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2003
This is a lovely, simple little blank book, and a very good buy. We use these books for piano lessons and school assignments. They make terrific stocking stuffers, too.
Silly, though, to have sample pages for this product, since they are ALL blank.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 20, 2012
The reason I purchased this notebook (more aptly called a notepad) was its cover. Specifically I planned to separate it from its signature and use it in a collage art journal project. If you are interested in the cover for an art project or otherwise, there are a couple things to note:

* The front/back covers are glossy
* In the upper right of the front cover there is a small, yet noticeable "green edition" logo (this may not be the case for every pad, just note it's possible you may snag one)
* The barcode and company blurb are poorly placed on the back cover and obscure an entire butterfly
* As a nice touch, the inside back cover notes the artist along with a rundown of each of the butterflies depicted

Beyond that, there are a few other notes:

* The binding is glued, not sewn so it doesn't open flat unless you coax it to
* This is a thin, though not overly scant pad of paper (30 sheets/60 pages)
* Its measurements are similar to a standard postcard (just shy of 5.75" x 4.25")
* The paper quality is actually better than I expected--smooth, bright white, ~25lb; it stands up quite well to repeated erasures without degrading; handles oil and gel ink relatively well (though liquid ink will feather and bleed); and can be torn away from the spine with relative ease

Overall, I'm content with my purchase. I hope this review was helpful to you, but if I missed something you'd like to know about this notepad, please leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer.
on April 23, 2008
I was shocked when I saw the butterfly "notebook" was so tiny! It's 4" x 6" ... more a notePad than a noteBOOK. Also, the price pre-printed on the back of the book is $1.50, but Amazon charged over $3 for it. It's the only Amazon product I've ever ordered that has disappointed me.
on January 31, 2011
I got this when it was $1.50 because my other purchases were just under $25 for free shipping. I used it as a party gift. Nice to keep in your purse or car for when you need to jot something down. I would not pay $3.49 though. You can get 3 or more little notebooks for that price at office stores.
on July 18, 2016
This is the perfect little notebook to keep in your purse - I often find myself searching for a piece of scrap paper when I need to jot down an address or phone number (as my memory is awful!) so i I usually have to make do with the back of a recipt. Clearly, having an actual notebook is far preferred!

This notebook is very cute, with colorful butterflies on the front and back cover. As a added bonus, it also provides a reference guide which tells you what kind of butterflies it depicts.

Overall, this is a great product and a wonderful value!
review image review image review image review image
on December 31, 2015
The little notebooks are nice. I must have not read it carefully because I thought it was a full size notebook, but that is my bad for not paying attention. The small notebooks are nice for my grandkids though because they like to carry things like that around with them and jot down notes and ideas. They are pretty too.
on November 11, 2015
As I read the reviews of this product I am very surprised because it is exactly as the description described. They are small, but I think it would be great for any purse. However, I bought them small to fit in a shoe box for a girl for Operation Christmas Child.
on May 5, 2015
My girlfriend's daughter was turning five, loves butterflies, and her favorite color is blue. Well, this little notebook must have "tickled her pink"!!! She "ooed" and "ahhed" and started using it immediately! Everyone I've given these little notebooks to have loved them! Thank you!
on August 3, 2014
This notebook is perfect for my needs. It is small, as the dimensions show. I wanted something to be able to tuck into my purse or Bible cover, and this fits the bill perfectly. It's durable, with good binding and cover of heavyweight, glossy cardstock. The pages are a good weight, too, so they don't tear easily and writing doesn't bleed through easily.