Consider these available items
Buy the Rights - The Movie Pitching Party Game
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Brand||Buy the Rights|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||7 x 4 x 4 inches|
|Manufacturer Minimum Age||168|
|Number of Game Players||3-10+|
|Item Weight||1.8 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Mix and match some of your favorite movie tropes - just like a real Hollywood Producer!
- Pitch your movie to the producer to make the most cash!
- Includes 448 Cards
- For 3-10+ Players 30-60+ Minutes Ages 14+
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Pick your cards & pitch your movie!
Buy the Rights is the fast-paced, fun-filled party game for the movie lover in us all! It only takes a minute to learn and is filled with almost infinite creative combinations. In Buy the Rights, players create their own movies based on four decks of cards. Each round, one player is the Producer and the other players are Screenwriters. Using the cards as a starting point, Screenwriters pitch their movies to the Producer, who then buys the rights to their favorite ideas.
But in the cut-throat world of show business, only the best pitches win!
- Come up with an awesome title
- Cast your favorite stars for the lead roles
- Belt out the heart-wrenching theme song
- Act out the explosive finale
Pitching Your Movie
Players choose one card from each deck out of their hand to form the basis of their movie pitch. This is your logline - a one sentence description of your story. The cards naturally form the logline in the order they are numbered. For example:
"A [Genre] movie about a [Descriptor] [Hero] [Plot]"
Pitching is more than just reading the cards back to the producer. Elaborate on the story, characters, and plot to really sell your movie. You gotta stand out if you want the big bucks!
There are over 100 million possible combinations in Buy the Rights, but here are some example loglines:
- An action comedy about a kung-fu fighting cat lady becoming a bounty hunter to pay off student loans
- A rock opera about a foul-mouthed roller derby girl getting abducted by aliens to represent Earth in a galactic sporting event
- A film noir movie about a gun-toting door-to-door salesman marrying and then murdering a series of wealthy widows
- A buddy comedy about a socially awkward werewolf forming an unlikely friendship with a 12-year-old girl