- Use promo code GIFTBOOK18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Enter code GIFTBOOK18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Buying a Car For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Back Cover
"All the information necessary to get a fair deal comprehensive, clear, and easy to follow." RalphVartabedian, "Your Wheels" Columnist, Los Angeles Times "[Thisbook] will save some readers money, time, and maybe their sanity.First-time buyers and even seasoned car owners will find helpfulhints here." Library Journal
Make It a Smooth Ride If the idea of buying a new car isdriving you mad, then let this dependable guide steer you in theright direction! Using clear explanations and road-tested advice,renowned consumer advocate Deanna Sclar covers all avenues ofbuying and owning a car, from negotiating a fair price to findingreliable insurance to saving money on routine servicing. So, parkyour anxieties with Buying A Car ForDummies®, you're always in the driver's seat! Getthe Most Mileage Out of Your Dollar
- Calculate how much your current car really costs you
- Weight the pros and cons of buying new or used
- Get the best trade-in, resale, or donation value for yourvehicle
- Pick out a cherry and avoid the lemons expert advice forbuying a reliable used car
- Determine what features and options you really need in a newcar
- Get the straight scoop on financing or leasing your car
- Find an insurance policy and company you can trust
- Protect your automotive assets from steering wheel locksto full-blown security systems
About the Author
About Deanna Sclar Deanna Sclar, a leading auto repair expert and consumer spokesperson, has appeared on more than 700 radio and TV programs including Good Morning America, Today, and A.M. Los Angeles. She has contributed to such magazines as Family Circle, New Woman, and Redbook and is the author of the perennial bestseller Auto Repair For Dummies??.
286 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 286 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It paid for itself with the great tip about purchasing gas early in the morning before it expands with the natural heat of the day; more for your money when it's cooler.
Every woman should carry this in her car along with the emergency tool kit.
This is not an all inclusive book though, and only covers things that most people could do pretty easily by themselves. For example, it doesn't cover how to drain your auto transmission fluid, probably because that can get a little bit dangerous for DIY'ers