Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on September 6, 2012
This product costs way too much for what you get. Cheap plastic holders and inexpensive pots. The soil was compacted into discs. You had to add water and break it apart with a fork. It took time and was like tar balls yet I ended up with not enough soil. One seed packet seemed not to have any seeds in it. It would have cost pennies to include some plastic flags with herb names to stick in the pots so you could identify what is orowing. I just put it out and will wait 10-15 days to see what happens,,,very disappointed in quality and value.
UPDATE: 2 herbs never grew..I asked for more seeds and was told I would get a refund which I was very happy about. I went to home depot and bpought growing herbs and sove cheap pots and soil...They are thriving on my Lanai
on February 5, 2009
This is not a great deal, the potting soil isn't of great quality or the seeds. It is priced right for what you do get I guess. The potting soil should be replaced with something of better quality the plants can't thrive with this stuff. The seeds are just okay in quality. The stand is a basic plastic nothing to get overly excited about. The pots are not a real terracotta but seem to be okay. So, overall for the price you are getting a basic kitchen herb set nothing fancy.
on May 9, 2013
I have the herbs growing in the ceramic pots, the soil is what amazed me, these little pods turn in to potting soil and fits into a pot really well, now my nerb plants are doing fine and its been 3 weeks now, due to weather, been bringing the pots inside til it gets warmer here
UPDATED 7/25/15, DOWNGRADED STARS

My wife was excited to purchase this growing kit of five terracotta pots and a two-stage plastic stand to hold them. She's looking to grow some herbs indoors, and this seemed a nice solution for the money.

The plastic stand is well made, and the pots stay in place through hooking their lip on a catch in the stand, with gravity holding them in place--a little tenuous, but it works.

My wife's major complaint is the pots contain no drainage holes. While that may be better for the function of the stand, it's not optimal for the plants. That means drilling holes in the terracotta, which is dicey. Minor complaint: Our kit came with one pot broken.

So , it's OK for what it is.

UPDATE

Turns out another pot had a hairline fracture, so that's two broken. And still no drainage holes. So I went on a quest to find replacement pots. I say "quest" because I went to every possible store that sells terracotta pots within 25 miles of my home and found no pots that work with the holder system of the stand. All have too long an outer lip and are too thick compared to the pots that came with the unit.

So what you get is decent stand with five pots not designed to drain properly, some of which may have been cracked in shipping, and which cannot be replaced. Boy, was this a waste of money.
on May 21, 2013
This was a gift,they like it due to the fact it is compact and they have very little real estate they think it will work out nicely,it was packaged very well so nothing was damaged in shipment.
on September 7, 2008
I purchased this herb set for my mother-in-law's birthday and she informed me that she did not have much luck with some of the herbs growing. She said the presentation of the herbs on the accompanying stand adds a nice touch to one's counter space. Maybe more light was needed.
on November 10, 2008
i still have 3 of the pots that the herbs are doing good. I have used some of the basil and thyme for dressings. I was disappointed that there were no holes in the pots, but it may not have been necessary for clay pots to have holes since they are porous, just not what I am used to. Also, the soil reminded me wet saw dust and not soil at all. I was not sure how much to water them and I overwatered one of them to where the water was standing on the top and went to tip it over slightly to drain the water off and the whole thing came out ... I just used some of my potting soil in it and put some more seeds in to grow and they never did grow - it was the cilantro. The chives never did come up. There was supposed to be enough seeds for a couple of plantings, but that is not what I received. It is a really sturdy stand and looks pretty on the counter in the kitchen. I would not recommend it.
on August 16, 2010
The plants withered after month. Some of the seeds rotted because tere were no holes. Not a good purchase.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.