The Bye Bye Man [Blu-ray]
DVD + Digital HD with Ultravio
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the producer of Oculus and The Strangers comes The Bye Bye Man. When three college friends stumble upon the horrific origins of the Bye Bye Man, they discover that there is only one way to avoid his curse: don't think it, don't say it. But once the Bye Bye Man gets inside your head, he takes control, making you see and do the most unspeakable acts committed by man. Is there a way to survive his possession? Starring Douglas Smith (Ouija) and Carrie Anne-Moss (The Matrix), see the chilling thriller that critics are calling "a paranormal thrill ride that will echo in your nightmares" (Elizabeth Rayne, Den Of Geek).
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
This movie is not horrible, as the vast majority of reviews will have you believe, is it good? mmmm, well that's debatable as well. Its certainly worth watching, I did find it entertaining. So... first heres a list of pros.
1. Very fresh and original idea for a horror film
2. the special effects of the monster is very well done. The Bye Bye Man and his hound
3. Yes you heard that right his Hound, the BBM has this bad ass super creepy hound that's with him, which was a pleasant and creepy surprise for me. It was an element which really (I felt) added to the BBM.
1. Like many horror films of recent memory the execution of it, just is lacking. Although I like that no character is safe, which is nice, it adds a lot of anxiety. The scenes just seem to fly along without much meaning, we meet a few minor characters that then spell it all out for our protagonists, and boom climax, end of story. These are some glaring pit falls to succumb to for a modern day horror film, and I have to say, whoever is at fault... You should know better by now...
2. Ok acting, the main protagonist is a decent actor, and so it the actor playing BBM, even the CGI for the dog which many other reviewers said sucked, really was pretty damn good. But the actors which surround these people, whom are main characters... very wooden...
Overall, I think that the content was poorly served, and poorly used, the BBM myth, and the BBM (actor/makeup) himself. really great ideas, especially sense the source material comes from a written source.... I really think this movie would be better served more so as an anthology style film, (such as VHS 1 & 2; and similar) a main protagonist somehow stumbles across the stories, in whatever form they are, of those whom have interacted and succumbed to the BBM, cue scene shift, we see those stories one by one, interjected with (obviously) the BBM coming more and more into our main protagonists life, and then bam, after last short story, main protagonist arch comes to its conclusion. I think this format would have served the concept and idea of the BBM far better, and would have kept with what is at the heart of BBM idea. Mystery.
Its worth a watch though, its not crap.
Have yet to convince the kids that the bye bye man is real. But the bye bye dad is real, he only tickles though.
I gave this movie 3 stars because I made it all the way through and it genuinely kept my interest off and on. But that's the thing- it was off and on. Unlike the 4 and 5 star horror flicks that keep me on the hook, this one I found myself pausing and walking away to do little things and then coming back. I felt the storyline to be underdeveloped especially for the length of this movie. I have so many unanswered questions, and not in that "makes you think" kind of way. More like a "what in the Hell are they talking about" kind of way.
So, in sum it is a time killer but also kind of a money waster. I wish I would not have spent the money, but I guess I am not so disappointed I spent the time.
I found it almost boring at times... yes there were a few jumps but not enough to earn my attention.
I just cannot make myself like this movie and I watched it twice in hopes that I was wrong the first time, I wasn't though.
Most recent customer reviews
Could have been a good movie.
Then again, I could have been rich and famous.
You don't know me, though, do you?
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Science Fiction & Fantasy