- Series: The New Middle Ages
- Hardcover: 205 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan (February 22, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1403967008
- ISBN-13: 978-1403967008
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,856,084 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Byzantine Dress: Representations of Secular Dress (The New Middle Ages)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
'This book is a welcome addition to the history of Byzantine dress. It presents a concise coverage of the Middle Byzantine period (eighth to twelfth centuries) using paintings (both frescoes and illustrated manuscripts) as its main evidence...It will be a good addition to the libraries of Byzantine historians and dress historians.' - Medieval Clothing and Textiles
About the Author
JENNIFER L. BALL is Assistant Professor of Medieval Art History at Brooklyn College, New York, USA.