- Paperback: 302 pages
- Publisher: University of Chicago Press; 1 edition (May 1, 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0226097927
- ISBN-13: 978-0226097923
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #793,237 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Byzantines 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The book also explains what sources were used and why when describing how these people lived. It does a good job contrasting these groups to their western and Islamic eastern counterparts. It offers a broad view of each group while also focusing in on particular time periods. The Book also has several authors so getting bogged down in a certain authors style is unlikely to happen and it give a chance to compare styles. I were to teach an introduction in Byzantine Studies, or an Overview course this book would be on my list.