Customer Reviews: C2G / Cables To Go 13042 Velocity RCA Stereo Audio Extension Cable, Blue (25 Feet/7.62 Meters)
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

on December 26, 2013
In my A/V system, the video components are at the front of the room, while the audio components are along a side wall. I bought three of these stereo cables to pass the audio back and forth. They appear to be of excellent workmanship. The cable is heavy gauge and quite flexible. The connectors are nicely machined and plated. Be aware that the connectors are the usual male RCA plugs on one end, and female RCA jacks at the other. This works fine if you use a short male-to-male cable at one end. I can't detect any unwanted signal modifications or loss.

Perhaps a word about what these cables should not be expected to do would be useful. 1) Do not use them for extending a phono (turntable) input cable. The reason your phono input cable is short is that the signal being transmitted is high impedance and low voltage, connected to a high gain amplifier. Keep it short. Similar considerations apply to microphones. Balanced microphone cables offer better performance. 2) These are not intended to be speaker cables. They might work in a low-power system, but I wouldn't attempt to use them as speaker cables in a high quality A/V setup. Use them only for "line level" inputs and outputs. 3) Never connect or disconnect RCA-type cables with the equipment powered on. This can lead to undesirable transients.

Finally, you will perhaps encounter some "cable hype". No cable in the world will improve the sound of a properly working stereo system. Any marketeer or manufacturer who claims their cables will do so is making false claims. A poorly designed cable can degrade the sound, but a good cable will simply not degrade the signal: no additions, no subtractions. I see little chance that cables more expensive than these would offer any advantages, unless it is in the durability or longevity area, and I don't know how a consumer can determine that.

These are excellent cables. Recommended.
on November 14, 2009
I used this cable so that I could place the back surround sound speakers on the opposite wall as the front. Works great for that purposes and no loss in sound quality. Just used cable clips to run it along the baseboard and coiled the unused length out of the way. Looks clean and sounds good.
on March 19, 2015
So far these are holding up. Good price and good shipping also. I'm using these to send the audio from my projector across the room to my amp and they get the job done. the only reason fro 4 stars is because I feel like if I were to unplug and plug these in too many times, they might break.
on December 29, 2014
I have a turntable that I wanted to connect to my receiver on the other side of the room. When I used this cable to connect the turntable I got a loud buzzing. I'm sure that 25 feet is a long way to push a phono level signal, but I was able to find a different 25 foot cable which worked just fine.
Other than the fact that these didn't work for what I wanted, they seem OK. I imagine they'll probably work fine for a component with a line level output.
on August 14, 2012
These cables are a dark blue and not black. They work well. They are connected all the way down the length of the cables down to about the last foot, where they separate. At the point at which they separate, they are connected with a rubber block that encompasses the two wires. you could easily cut through this block with a rotary (dremel) tool and then just pull the two wires apart. I left mine fused together.
on December 2, 2013
My turntable audio cables were just not long enough to reach my receiver unless I sat them on top of each. I bought this cable and it solved the problem nicely. They were reasonably priced and the sound is fine.
on July 23, 2013
I didn't get what was pictured mine had an extra cable lock built into it. It was made out of rubber and didn't move bc it was glues to the cables so I had to use a knife to cut into it. But I cut it and then was able to stretch the cables out to length.
on January 5, 2012
These cables work great for setting up my rear surround sound speakers. Other sets I've tried caused loss of sound to the rear speakers after 25 feet of extension (plus the 15 feet from the speaker cable), but these cables transfer the sound perfectly with no noticeable loss. The insulation on these cables is also thick and seems durable. I was easily able to run the cord around the baseboard without worrying about accidentally clipping the wires which I've had happen in the past. I highly recommend these cables! Great buy!
on July 12, 2013
25ft. This is a nice heavy duty RCA jack extension cable. You hook this up to you back speakers and run the line along the edge of the wall. Gonna take a lot of chewing for your pet to get through it. Better that regular speaker cable.
on May 13, 2013
I needed to extend a speaker cable on my Logitech surround sound system and this cable did just that. I don't have any noticeable loss in audio quality and no other problems. Its a simple high quality cable that does what it's intended to do.