- Brand Name: C2G
- Model Number: SPK-24GX
- Color: Black
- Speaker Type: Wireless
- Speakers Maximum Output Power: 20 Watts
C2G / Cables to Go Audio Unlimited 2.4GHz Digital Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Stereo Speaker with Remote Dual Power Transmitter, Black (SPK-24GX)
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 14 x 8 inches; Weight: 9.4 lbs The 2.4GHz Wireless Outdoor/Indoor Speaker System comes with one speaker and is designed for either Mono or Stereo playback.
- For stereo playback, an additional speaker must be purchased separately. Mono playback is suggested when only one speaker is used in an area or room
- Transmission Mode : UHF Stereo Carrier. Frequency : 2.4GHz Digital
- Operation Voltage : Transmitter, DC 6C 300mA. Speaker: DC 12V 1.5A or 6 x D alkaline batteries (not included)
- Remote Control, 1 x CR2032 button cell. Frequency Response : 30 Hz 20 KHz
- Distortion : 0.5% S/N Ratio : 65 dB . Operation Distance : Up to approximately 50 meters/150+ feet (open area) . Speaker Audio Output Power : 20W Max. (RMS)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I so liked the sound and appearance of these speakers that I bought a new dual-band Linksys router, hoping that the wireless devices would switch to the 5 ghz band when the 2.4 ghz was occupied by the speakers, but this made no difference to the problem. As soon as I plugged in the transmitter, every wireless device on my network went down.
I just re-read the first 20 or so reviews, and I am not the only one to have this problem. With so many homes now connecting to the internet via a wireless-N router, I'm surprised that more reviewers have not complained. This product should come with a prominent warning about this problem.
I have returned the 2.4 ghz speakers to Amazon and I'm considering ordering the 900 mhz set. There are lots of Bluetooth products, but a dearth of wireless speakers that can accept input from an RCA source.
Also the new company was so helpful. They offered to sell me a new speaker at retail price (179.00 for the 1 speaker). What is customer service coming to???
1. The product description is awful. What you really have here is a transmitter and a speaker. The transmitter has to be plugged in or run off batteries and hooks up to a music player of some sort. Computer, stereo, Ipod, whatever. The speaker also has to be plugged in or fitted with six, that's right, six, "D" cells. It can be but does not have to be hooked to the music player, hence, wireless. Sound to transmitter via wire, sound wirelessly from transmitter to speaker.
2. As for sound "IN" to the transmitter, there are only two inputs, one which connects to the headphone out of your computer, IPOD, or whatever. The other consists of two RCA (red/white) jacks. If your music device doesn't have a headphone out or red/white RCA out, you're gonna be spending more than you thought. In my case, I didn't want to use headphone out. Why? Because the cord that comes with the transmitter is insanely short (it's really set up to use with a cradled Iphone, not so much anything else). Plus, my computer's headphone out is on the front panel and who wants a jack permanently sticking out the front accessory panel? Result? I had to spend an additional $60 for a digital out to RCA converter. What you will need and have to spend depends on what "OUT" connection you intend or have to use.
3.Read more ›
The transmitter has two inputs: an RCA connection (to headphone jacks and the like) and paired red/white RCA phono jacks (to/from most stereo sources). Right now I'm using a wireless Logitech Squeezebox Touch as the music input, so I've got wireless connetivity to the source of music (my computer and/or internet radio), as well as wireless connectivity to the speakers...AWESOME combo.
It does have a few idiosyncracies which you should DEFINITELY know ahead of time:
1) The units shut themselves off after a few minutes of inactivity. At the loss of a signal, the units immediately go to sleep (signified by a green power LED), and then they shut down completely. This is very desireable power saver in a battery operated device, of course...but not needed so much when you use the wall adapters.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This speaker works great. This is the second one I have owned and they both work great. The first one I have have for about 5 years. This one was used. Great product.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Unfortunately I am getting a lot of interference. My wifi is affected as are Bluetooth devices which are close by.Published 3 months ago by Lynn Black
Somehow this causes cross interference with my WiFi. I realized after buying this that it works on the same frequency which is probably why my WiFi is affected.Published 4 months ago by Joey Torkildson
When these speakers are synced with the transmitter, my wireless LAN speed takes a dive. Must be some frequency compatibility issue. Quite disappointing.Published 4 months ago by Debbie Cremonese
This failed after leaving it outdoors for 1 night. Now I am trying to get my money back. Very disappointed since this was close to $200.Published 4 months ago by Frances Markel
The speakers would not sync with the base. I tried pairing them over and over. No luck. I even switched the wallwart.Published 6 months ago by Cory Rudnitski
Unfortunately the speaker quit working after I left it outdoors overnight. I assumed that I can leave it outdoors since the title of the product describes it as an outdoor speaker.Published 6 months ago by Brian Brosen