Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone" and save 74% off the $79.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Musical Instruments Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Large condenser microphone element for warm, rich recordings
- Cardioid pick-up pattern minimizes background noise and isolates the main sound source
- Smooth, extended frequency response is excellent for singing, speech and instruments
- It has 10dB overload-protection switch minimizes distortion from loud sound sources
- Bass-reduction switch reduces room noise
- The U37 is Windows and Macintosh compatible, with no software to install--simply plug it into any available USB port, select it as your input in your software settings, and you're ready to create your own audio.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
CAD Audio - The Brand Used By Professionals
2016.. .our 85th year of excellence!
CAD Audio continues to build on over 85 years of innovation and success in the audio industry by delivering innovative and highly useful solutions for performers, engineers and a wide range of audio professionals. CAD Audio has emerged as a multifaceted company with a variety of the sub brands that extend to market segments such as Recording, Broadcast, Live Performance & Production, Commercial and Consumer Electronics.
CAD Professional Microphones (1988), initially formed in 1931 as the Pro Audio division of Astatic, now designs and manufactures microphones for the recording and live sound markets. CAD Audio is a leader in innovative and cost-effective high performance studio and live microphones.
U37 USB Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone W/Tripod Stand And Cable
The U37 USB Studio Condenser Microphone brings studio quality audio to your social media, gaming or home studio session. Creative control and limitless innovation await your beckon call as the result of CAD’s more than 80 years of professional audio expertise. Explore our CADusb series of products to unlock your creative edge and experience expression thru innovation.
The U37 provides studio quality results recorded directly to your computer. Its extended frequency response, transient response and smooth interpretation make it excellent for singing, speech and recording instruments. The -10dB overload-protection
Switch minimizes distortion from loud sound sources. The Bass rolloff switch reduces room noise. Tripod stand and USB cable included. PC and Mac compatible.
U37 - Red and White
Large condenser microphone element for warm, rich recordings.
Cardioid pick-up pattern minimizes background noise and isolates the main sound source.
Smooth, extended frequency response is excellent for singing, speech and instruments.
Perfect for home recording, podcasting and many other uses
-10dB overload-protection switch minimizes distortion from loud sound sources.
Bass-reduction switch reduces room noise.
Side-address design popular with broadcast, TV and recording studios.
Includes microphone, tripod stand and 10' feet USB Cable.
Simple and Versatile
Simply plug in the U37 to your computer's USB port and you're ready to create great sounding recordings!
The Brand Used By Professionals
Record studio-quality audio directly to your computer via USB with the CAD U37 side-address condenser microphone-a great choice for both vocal and instruments as well as for creating podcasts and voiceovers for videos. Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS operating systems, you can simply plug the U37 into your PC and start recording. The U37 has two switches on the front. The first switch allows you to decrease the sensitivity of the microphone so the sound quality is clear for extremely loud sounds. For example, the switch should be in the "-10" position for loud voices, percussion and other high sound pressure level devices. The "0" position should be used for normal voices and string instruments. The second switch on the U37 is designed to reduce pickup of deep-bass sounds. The switch should be in the "Normal Bass" mode in most cases. However, if you want to remove wind noise, ventilation noise, or decrease the low frequencies in a recording, the switch should be in the "Bass Reduction" position.
From the Manufacturer
|USB Studio Recording Microphone |
Studio Vocals, Speech, Instruments, Podcasts, Desktop Recording
|U37 Features and Benefits |
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To install the stand remove ring from microphone put thru loop of stand and screw on ring clamping it in place. I started to cross thread the ring but when I flipped it, it threaded perfectly, so check this when installing to stand. The program used to record the video was Photo and Video Pro Suite X5.
* Good quality recording with variable settings on the mike itself
* Very easy to install. No driver software-- just plug it in and it works
* Responsive cyan LED to help indicate power / recording level
* Excellent size. When set on a table it's at just about the perfect height for recording
* Surprisingly good sound quality, especially for a mike this light-weight and low-priced
* Neat little table tripod stand, easy to set up and use
* Comes with generous-length cable
None really. Terrific little mike. These are more "be aware of these things when recording":
* This is (as advertised) a studio mike. It is really, really, really sensitive and will pick up all sounds in the room-- including computer fans and a small 10" room fan I had set on low about 6 feet away. Such noise of course can be easily overcome in post-processing using a program such as Audacity (available free on the Net) or other music processing software.
* That said, it has a "bass switch" that provides reduction of background noise by reducing mike sensitivity for some sound levels.
* That said... the bass switch also alters the overall quality of recording sound. This can also be adjusted via post-processing.
* THAT said... it's best to record in an enclosed room using a tablet or laptop with as little fan sound as possible, because this WILL pick up all sound in the room. It's meant to do so to provide distortion-free recording.
For best recording I use this with my Windows tablet (zero fan noise, easy portability and setup). The result is a very effective "recording studio" which does a good job for not a lotta cash. Quality Windows tablets today can be purchased for around $200. So that along with this mike and free downloaded software provides a good recording environment that will suit the needs of many users. And of course it functions perfectly as a high-quality computer mike for Skype or other chat purposes.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
A good-quality voice and instrument recording mike. Solo voice/guitar? Yes. Computer voice mike? Yes but it will pick up background noise. Group mike? Yes, it's a studio mike; it picks up sound well.
WHAT NOT TO EXPECT:
Don't expect $300 + $20 wind screen sound recording from this. It has very good sound recording, but there are better mikes on the market if your budget allows. However if you're on a limited budget and want GOOD results and would like a USB mike that plugs right into your computer, I don't believe this can be beat. I've purchased several microphones and this has as good a quality sound recording as any mike I have purchased.
This isn't a "band" mike. This is for use in "studio conditions" (ie, in a closed environment without background noise) directly plugged into your computer's USB port. Used as an outdoor mike at a concert or such... well I haven't tried that yet. Typically studio mikes are not good for such. Used in live performance: no. The background noise pickup and feedback potential would be immense.
SOLO STUDIO RECORDING:
Because it does pick up external noise you can play it with an acoustic instrument without miking the instrument separately; it will pick up about the same quality and positioning as the human ear. Interestingly this mike seems to work better from 12 inches than the standard 2 to 4 inches that most recording mikes prefer. I got excellent results when recording at 12". At 2" from the mouth the sound is still excellent but one gets the feeling of "really not necessary and is actually too much". 12" or even further seems perfect, which is great news for solo acoustic guitar performers.
This mike would work equally well running an electric guitar through an amp and setting the amp to the side. The mike has such faithful reproduction of sound it should lose little or nothing in the distance translation.
In short, a terrific mike for studio recording. If you're looking for an inexpensive quality studio microphone, this is well worth your consideration.
Unfortunately there is a big time delay when wanting to monitor the mic with headphones. If you need to monitor yourself, buy a mic that plugs straight into the mic jack and not the USB port. I took off one star for this.
Personally I don't need a monitor myself when recording so this mic fits my needs well. I thought I'd mention it though.
UPDATE: I built out a little nook in my closet with some acoustic foam. This mic records even more great now!!! This is a fantastic mic to get in to recording voice or youtube videos.
It's awesome. I used the included stand for years. but recently have switched to a mounted boom. The extremely long USB cable has been awesome to to use not only for the mic but also for charging various devices over the years.
Note that it does pick up the faintest of noises, like my 1 year old talking up a storm downstairs and in the kitchen pretty far away the point I can barely hear him. In return, it does pick up whispers extremely well.
- Be sure to tune the buttons accordingly (keep the bass flat for podcasts and voice overs, as you want the bass in your voice).
- Keep the pop filter (http://amzn.to/2yIhmXz) at least 6" away from the mic.
- It does pick up too much ambient noises, even though the sound is not directed at the front of the mic.
I'm using it with this microphone stand: http://amzn.to/2AVEJTu
And this pop filter: http://amzn.to/2yIhmXz