CAFÉ BREW COLLECTION Borosilicate Glass Stove Top Whistling Tea Kettle - Best BPA Free Whistling Tea Kettle - Best Glass Tea Kettle - 12 Cup Stovetop Glass Whistling Tea Kettle by Medelco
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 12 Cup Stove Top Whistling Kettle for Use on Electric, Glass Cook-Top, & Gas Ranges
- High Quality Borosilicate Glass from DURAN, Germany
- Assembled in USA - BPA Free
- 48 oz capacity - measurements based on a 4 oz cup - yield is (12) 4 oz cups
- Dishwasher Top Rack Safe
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Stovetop Whistling Kettle has been a fabulous addition to the Cafe Brew Collection! Its unique glass construction clearly sets this Kettle apart from the run-of-the-mill metal kettles that have flooded the market for years.
The best feature is the fact that you can actually see the water boiling through the glass! Not to mention you can also see when the Kettle is dirty on the inside and needs to be cleaned - no longer do you have to wonder what's been accumulating inside like with your old metal kettles. And yes, the Lid does whistle so you can hear when the water has come to a boil.
This 12 cup Kettle is constructed of the highest quality, heat resistant Schott DURAN borosilicate glass from Germany. The components are lead-free, BPA-free and dishwasher safe for easy clean up!
GREAT FOR BOILING ON GAS & ELECTRIC STOVE TOPS
Our Kettle is perfect for boiling water on gas, electric and glass stove tops. A steel heat diffusing Trivet is included with every Kettle and should be used on electric range coils between the coils and glass, see product instructions for further details.
FUNCTIONAL YET STYLISH
Whether boiling water for tea, pour over coffee, hot cocoa or even instant soup, this Kettle is the ideal solution. And the unique glass design even looks great simply sitting on your counter!
When used properly, and as instructed, your Café Brew product will serve you well in your kitchen endeavors. However, misuse of the Kettle (“product”) can cause the glass to break or plastic components to melt and result in personal injury from cuts, scalding or hot/melted plastic. Partial instructions are offered below, however please refer to the manufacturer's website for complete instructions.
- Product is strictly intended for boiling water as instructed. All other uses are strictly prohibited.
- For adult use only; close supervision is necessary when used near children. Never leave the product unattended while in use.
- Use product on interior household stove top ranges only. Not for commercial use or induction stove tops. Do not use product on or in the following devices: oven appliance, microwave oven, fire pit, barbeque grill or fireplace grill.
- Do not subject product to impact as it may weaken glass and cause it to break unexpectedly during use.
- The Trivet included with your Kettle must always be placed on exposed Electric Range coils between the coils and Kettle glass; Trivet is not necessary for use on Gas or Glass Ranges.
- Maximum capacity is 48 fluid ounces. Do not overfill product with water which can cause boil over.
- Do not heat or boil product if water level is below the “MIN.” line marking on glass.
- Immediately remove product from heat source once water has reached a boil. Do not boil product dry or heat when empty, as this can damage the glass or cause the plastic components to melt. Discontinue use of product if boiled dry or heated empty.
- When inserting Lid into glass, align Lid handle over Kettle handle.
- Handle may become hot during use. Use of oven mitts is recommended.
- Failure to comply with these instructions may 1) result in damage to the glass that isn't clearly visible, resulting in breakage during use and 2) cause the plastic components to melt.
- If during heating/use you disregarded these instructions, or suspect the glass is damaged or plastic components may have melted 1) Do not touch or move product 2) immediately turn off heat source 3) instruct any persons who may come into contact with product not to touch or move product 4) allow product to cool for two hours 5) after two hours, using an oven mitt, carefully remove product and discard.
General Product Use, Cleaning & Care
GENERAL PRODUCT USE (in accordance with Safeguards)
FOR GAS RANGES: use on medium size burner (max. 3.5" dia. burner cap) on medium heat setting; consult your range instructions for heat settings. Do not allow flame to extend beyond the bottom surface of the glass. Reduce from medium to low heat setting if flame extends beyond bottom surface of the glass.
FOR ELECTRIC RANGES: use on small size burner (max. 5.6" dia.) on medium heat setting; consult your range instructions for heat settings. Do not place product on burner that is larger than the width of the glass.
1. Place Trivet on Electric Range coils as applicable (not needed for gas or glass stove tops).
2. Add water to the Kettle, noting required minimum and maximum water levels.
3. Snap Lid securely into place and align Lid handle over top of Kettle handle.
4. Place Kettle on stove top to boil. Once water has boiled, immediately remove Kettle from heat source.
5. Carefully remove Lid before pouring.
CLEANING & PRODUCT CARE
- Do not use abrasive pads, brushes, cleaners or any metal products on or inside of glass Kettle.
- Do not scrub any scale buildup as it may scratch the glass and result in breakage. Use a liquid descaler as directed by descaler product, but do not scrub the glass.
- Use only sponge, plastic or nylon wash pads with soapy water when washing by hand.
- Dishwasher top rack safe. Avoid Kettle contact with other items in dishwasher.
CAFE BREW COLLECTION PRODUCTS
Stovetop & Table Top Items
Love to brew coffee - why not try our 8 cup Stovetop Percolator or 8 cup/40oz Pour Over Coffee Maker?
Enjoy robust and flavorful coffee the way you like it! Our products deliver the perfect cup of coffee, to your taste, every time!
Stovetop Coffee Percolator
Our 8 cup Percolator is perfect for brewing a great cup of coffee. Simply place coffee in the basket, add water and place on the stove to brew! Safe for use on gas, glass and electric stove tops.
Univeral Replacement Coffee Carafes
Offering a complete line of universal replacement coffee carafes (coffee pots) that fit hundreds of different auto drip coffee maker brands including Cuisinart, Mr. Coffee, Hamilton Beach, Black & Decker and more! Carafe sizes range from 4/5 cup, 10 cup and 12 cup.
Broke your coffee pot? No worries!
Featuring our most popular 12 cup replacement coffee carafe, model GL312, which fits over 220 different coffeemaker brands including Cuisinart, Hamilton Beach, Mr. Coffee, Black & Decker and more!
Compare with similar items
Medelco 12-Cup Glass Stovetop Whistling Kettle
CAFÉ BREW COLLECTION High End Borosilicate Glass Stove Top Whistling Tea Kettle - Best BPA Free Kettle - Best Heat Resistant Glass Tea Kettle - 12 Cup Stovetop Glass Whistling Tea Kettle by Medelco
CAFÉ BREW COLLECTION Glass Cafe Brew 12 Cup Stovetop Whistling Kettle, c
Mr. Coffee Flintshire Stainless Steel Whistling Tea Kettle, 1.75-Quart, Brushed Satin
Tea Kettle Stovetop Whistling Teakettle Teapot, Stainless Steel, Thin Base, Mirror Finish, 2 liters
|Sold By||Cafe Brew Collection||Ac-ecommerce-sales||Cafe Brew Collection||Cafe Brew Collection||Amazon.com||AMFOCUS|
|Item Dimensions||7.80 x 7.70 x 6.50 inches||9.00 x 6.00 x 7.50 inches||9.40 x 9.40 x 8.40 inches||8.70 x 6.50 x 7.60 inches||8.00 x 8.00 x 8.00 inches||—|
|Material||Glass||Glass||Glass||Glass||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Returns are accepted for most merchandise but only with an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). Products eligible for return are new, unused, unopened and in their original and unaltered packaging. Return shipping is not included and a 20% restocking fee will apply. Please note that if an item is received in less than new condition, a 50% restocking fee will be charged. Refunds will be processed within 5 business days of receipt.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The lid has to be removed before pouring, which causes HOT water to splash on the stove and me! So I'm no longer attaching the lid. I just lay it on top.
- You have to wipe the spout after pouring since it's not dripless, so I have to use both a potholder for the handle and a dish towel to wipe off the spout.
11/19 update: We purchased backup. Will not use any other kind.
Aside from that, it's pretty great. Oh, I've only had it for about a week or two and it's developing a weird amber discoloration on the bottom. That might be from me though, I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the functionality.
TLDR: Good kettle that burns your fingers sometimes when you try to remove the whistle because the whistle handle is too short.
It boils the water fine.
Not so good with the whistling. My last one that I've had for years finally bit the dust when I was called outside and the water boiled away (even though it had a loud whistle) ...and the plastic lid finally melted into the interior ...I purchased another one similar to the older one (which I can still use for boiling water, but I can't get the plastic out that seems to have bonded with the glass) primarily for the whistling lid. I think the hole is too wide for a good whistle ...but whatever is the reason; it's not loud enough for me to hear when I'm in another room with the tv on ...whereas my previous one of similar design worked fine.