Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on July 9, 2013
My girlfriend hates it because it's ugly. The first day I wore it she said "...please tell me you're not wearing THAT."

But you know what?
She loves that I have an alarm clock that I never have to worry about plugging in at night.
She loves that I always know what time it is, and don't have to stash it in a locker if we go to the pool.
I love that it costs about ten bucks.

Sure it's ugly (or maybe retro, if that's your thing) but who cares? It's super cheap, super reliable, and super functional. Wear a watch. It's more useful than you think.
0Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2016
I bought this watch for me to know the time. I used to watch the time from my phone but that doesnt work for me because smartphones are not made especially for telling time. Everytime i watch the time from my smartphone it takes me minutes as I go to chat, games, facebook, twitter and so on.
I decide to leave my smartphone away any buy a normal watch to know the time. Finally I bought casio from amazon because it does not fancy and has no distractions. I have used it for a month and I realy like it. Somewhat small but it fit my hand because I dont have a big arm so consider this if you want to buy this watch. It tells the time very accuratly and never go wrong. I can tell my life has improved because of this watch, I save time and I don't waste my time cheking chats on facebook , twitter and so on.
This watch does everything as described in the description. I havent faced any issue with this watch. For me, if you want to buy a watch to know the time buy a cheap watch like this one. But if you want to buy a watch for other purpose consider expensive fancy watches.
I attached two pictures below to make you feel how it looks in your hand and how big is the lenght. Also good thing with this watch that you can swim while your still wearing your watch because it is water resist. I hope you enjoy this watch like me.
review imagereview image
on July 13, 2017
This watch gets it done. Utility above all, it's durable, its light, it tells the time, has an alarm, hourly notification, and even a stopwatch. I've played hockey, surfed, slept, showered, run, worked....you get the picture, done everything with this watch. Whenever people comment about the style I just smile because I know no other watch can stand up to the elements like this simple classic. Honestly, it's the best value you can put on your wrist these days - it won't let you down in even the toughest conditions.
Unfortunately after 3 years of rocking it on a daily basis and rarely taking it off, the band finally broke. After shedding a single manly tear I duct taped it back together until I replace it. Only now do I take the time to reflect on the excellent value of this watch and realize how I took its relaibility for granted having owned many watches in the past. I'll miss you old friend.
review imagereview image
on February 3, 2016
This Casio watch was purchased for a Nursing student (just so you know what the use is for). It is basic and highly recommended for this type of profession. The easy use along with quick 24hr/12hr format, stopwatch, and alarm makes it good for a basic, easy to use watch. The fact that it's cheap and comes with features that are more than enough for work is great. Only downside I see is the backlight button. It's in an odd position for those wearing the watch on your left wrist facing up and it also acts as a "action" button when you are on another function, like stopwatch or alarm for example. If you need light and are trying to change an option or stop timing, etc. then you will have a hard time. I mainly use it because of the easy 24hr digital clock format and stopwatch during the day. Still a good buy with an awesome price.
on November 8, 2014
I like this watch, generally wear these until they fall off my wrist, and the watch is far sturdier than the band. It is cheaper to replace the whole watch than to replace the band, and the water resistance would be ruined if you tried to replace the battery so these are certainly meant to be replaced at the first sign of trouble, I am very hard on watches, I do animal rescue, so they tend to get scraped up, scratched, even occasionally bitten, and have stood the test of time. On the downside, I bought two of them, to have a spare, but the battery is already activated when you buy the watch... would be MUCH better if there was a plastic tab to pull when you need the watch, rather than have the battery run down while in storage.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 21, 2014
My father used to have this watch when i was around 4 (i am now 19) and it broke down on him when I was 15 so he had a a long time with it. albeit he did need to change the battery ONCE.

Well like father like son I now bought this watch and all I can say is it does its job! ill do some quick pros and cons for you people wondering wether its worth the purchase.

Pros:
-LOW PRICE. I bought it for 8 dollars. CHEAP!
-functional. It does exactly what it advertises no false advertisement here.
-Skinny. Its not any where NEAR as bulky as the popular G-Shock watches that many people here in L.A have been wearing I like that.
-Adjustable. The strap can be adjusted for all wrist sizes .
-Water resistant. You can pretty much go swimming with this thing and not worry about about anything happening to it. so long as you are above the recommended amount. and you don't need to worry about taking it odd when you wash your hands because it won't affect it either.
-light button. has a left shoulder button to see the time at night.

Cons:
-light. Now i know i put this as a pro but at the same time its just a chepa little green glowing light you still see the whole screen but i'm sure that could have been EASILY adjusted.
-Raised Resin screen. The screen is raised a little so be careful because you can scratch it.
- Alarm. The only reason why I put this as a con is because I can't seem to put my watches' alrm clock to sound off ONLY in the mornings. It can get a little annoying when it rings at 6:30 a.m and p.m

Thats pretty much all i have to say for the cons prat of this review they aren't much to worry about they are just MINOR things. if you need a simple watch for walking around or for jogging or what have you this is PERFECT, because its cheap and totally functional. EXTREMELY pleased with my purchase
on March 27, 2013
This thing tells time, it is slim, it is easy to read, it doesn't have any crazy slogans on it. It is a very simple, functional watch. I normally HATE wearing men's watches because the dials are thick and large, this is nice and small.

One criticism that is noted in some of these comments is a short band. I am a tall (190 cm / 75 in) man with somewhat freakishly thick wrists and the band just BARELY fits me (2 notches in), but it does. However, I am quite slim, so if you are a bigger dude who strength trains a bunch, it might not fit you.

A question that I had that didn't seem to be answered is the stopwatch. The stopwatch goes to 59 minutes 59.99 seconds. It then DOES wrap around. I had been concerned that it would simply stop at 59:99.99, but it does not. So if you can keep track of hours, this stopwatch should be fine for tracking hour+ times (i use it to time jogs).

Also, supposedly this watch is commonly used in bomb making due to a combination of cheapness and reliability, so, I dunno, I guess it has that going for it or against it.
on May 13, 2016
Anything I could say about this watch has already been said here. This is the number one selling watch in the world. Total production of the F91W since 1991 certainly adds up to more than all of the other digital watches made in the world... combined. If you eliminated one or two of the runners-up, there have probably been more F91Ws produced than all other wristwatches in the history of the planet added together.

You don't achieve this sort of ubiquity by producing anything short of a design masterpiece.

Yes, it's small. If you like to go around looking like you've got a cat food can duct-taped to your wrist, you will not like this watch. During the first Gulf War, I was so impressed at how enormous the 5600 G-Shocks that the Navy SEALs on board my ship were wearing in comparison to my dinky little F91W. The main complaint about the 5600 Series G-Shocks today is that they are too small. Go figure.

Yes, the strap is short. I've got a pretty average-sized wrist and I'm buckling on the last couple of holes. There are remedies to this problem but a new band will probably double the cost of wearing this watch. If you've got Popeye forearms, you may want to look elsewhere.

Other than that, I can't think of anything less than glowing to say about this watch. I've owned several over the years and, while I've followed the trends and have a few cat food cans myself, my newest F91W is getting a lot of wrist time recently. There is a lot to be said for a rugged little watch that costs less than $10, doesn't interfere with the cuff of your shirt, weighs almost nothing and doesn't make it impossible to fasten the velcro closure on my work gloves.
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 23, 2015
This is a really great watch. We bought it for my 13-year old son for Christmas. I think he hasn't taken it off since. It's always on his wrist - day and night. He surfs more days out of the week than not, and like I said, NEVER takes it off. I don't think it's supposed to be waterproof in that manner, but I needed to get him something, so he would know what time it was out there. We tried several other, more expensive watches, even ones that were designed for those conditions and they all broke. This one was a great price. He likes it because its simple, and pretty flat so has good fitment under his wetsuit.
on August 22, 2014
I got this to keep in my BOB bag so it won't be getting the "work out" other reviewers have mentioned. It's basically there to give me the time when I'm bugging out since I don't normally wear a watch.
The name says it all.....casual. It's not something you'd wear to a job interview or photo shoot but it's decent enough. Everything works great and it's very light.

NOTE: The directions aren't that hard to follow but the fold out in every language is excessive. You would need to keep them around in case you have to adjust the watch for what ever purpose (like different time zones etc). Since I doubt this watch will ever fail.....the cheap ones usually don't.....you might forget how to set it.

CONS: Back light is terrible.

UPDATE: I've had it for over a year and it hasn't failed yet. Keeps time, date etc. Even though I keep the directions handy, I can't remember how to reset for day-light savings. No big deal since it's still accurate but an hour behind until the spring.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse