Other Sellers on Amazon
CAT CORA by Starfrit Stainless Steel Cook N Serve Casserole, 2-1/2-Quart
|Price:||$12.00 + $7.49 shipping|
|You Save:||$57.95 (83%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Cook 'N' Serve allows you prepare healthy, one-pot meals for family nights or small dinner parties; Cook, serve, store, and put it in the dishwasher when you're done; It's the perfect solution for the home chef on the go
- The stylish bamboo bowl provides an elegant way to bring the meal right from the stovetop or oven to the table and also helps keep the food piping hot
- 18/10 Stainless steel, durable and corrosion-resistant
- Space saving design, pieces nest for compact storage
- Bamboo Serving Bowl insulates to keep food warm longer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I almost did not buy these as the one reviewer left some pretty negative feedback. The only reason I would have taken .5 star away-this should be offered as a set and not just have to be bought pot-by-pot, but that is not an option. Saw these on another website, did some searching and found them here at fairly the best price-except on three of the four pots, I had to pay sales taxes.
1. Shipping: arrived quickly
2. Packing-very well packaged no damage to the outer box
3. Unpacked, stacked-to check how well they could be stored. The bamboo bowls fit into each other is very tight and might take some work to get back apart. No issues with the pots. With the pot in its serving bowl, there is a little wiggle, but nothing of the sort the other reviewer conjured in my mind. The pots fit into the bowls fairly well. I would not like the bowls to have handles, unless they were made for the pots' handles to fit into also. That would help with carrying. However, you can get around that by placing the bowls on the table, then carrying the pots out of the kitchen afterward.
4. Everything is very well made; I did not find any sharp edges or blemishes. Bottoms are flat. No warps.
5. Washed and dried-so far no issues
6. -AND cooked. I had picked up lots of fresh veggies from our local farmers market-okra, yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, onions-then some broth, last some polenta to thicken it. Yum.
7. The pot's handles only warmed slightly
8.Read more ›
But... the sheath doesn't quite fit properly. The handles of the steel pot are necessarily attached under the pot's rim, meaning that they stick down lower than the rim itself. Yet the rim of the bamboo bowl is perfectly even, without indentations into which the pot's handles could slide. So the pot touches the bowl only by its handles when it's nestled inside the bowl, leaving the rest of the rim between the handles free-floating over the rim of the bamboo bowl. This means the steel pot can tip a little bit either forward or backward -- a bit disconcerting when trying to move the filled combo or scooping out food.
Second, the handles on the pot stick out a very long way beyond the bamboo sheath. So, if the pot was really, really hot when you put it into the sheath, it would be awfully easy to knock your hands against those still hot handles by mistake when trying to serve yourself, pass the item to someone else, or carry it from stove to table. Especially given the potential for the pot to tip inside the sheath (see previous paragraph)!
Third, because there are no handles on the sheath, it's not easy to pick up the filled pot/sheath combo. You have to compress your hands tightly against opposite sides of the bamboo (CAREFUL not to burn them on the pot's handles!), raise the combo a little, and then slide your hand under the bottom of the bamboo bowl for a better grip if you want to pass the dish around the table or take it to a potluck.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Beautiful , just as described, I plan to cook many wonderful meals in thisPublished 8 days ago by Amazon Customer
Just as described, very nice quality pan! The bottom is very thick. I actually purchased as a gift but would not mind reordering one for myself! Love the bamboo holder also! Read morePublished 15 days ago by Trisha
Best suited to be an ice bucket for a bar or hotel room.
You might be able to cook in it, but the sides are paper thin, and the handles get really hot. Read more
Completely satisfied with the size, ease of use, ease of cleaning, shape and look of this pan. Better than expected.Published on May 24, 2013 by Avid Reader