50 CATTAILS Cat Tails Typha Latifolia Water Pond Aquatic Grass Flower Seeds *Comb S/H
|Price:||$2.00 + $2.50 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BLOOMS: Summer . . . COLOR: Brown / Bronze
- HARDINESS ZONE: 3 - 11
- PLANT HEIGHT: 48 - 84" . . . PLANT SPACING: 9 - 12"
- LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun - Part Shade . . . SOIL / WATER: High - Pond / Bog
- Cattails are an excellent choice for wet areas. Their beautiful seed heads provide a great source to a wide variety of birds including song birds. This variety of Cattail does not spread as quickly as other varieties of Cattails so it is not invasive as others can be. This is a wonderful native plant. Most of it edible at some time. Young shoots can be cooked like asparagus, the pollen can be used as flour, and starch can be removed from the roots and used as flour. They are wonderfully decorative as a cut or dried flower, and can make a boring ditch beautiful.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
the way" to make them grow and not one of them grew. I suspect bad seed. Bad buy, a waste of money!
Seeds are difficult to grow plants. Directions for growing seeds are not clear. Not enough time to grow plants based on temperature. Would have preferred small plant rather than seeds and charge more for plant
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The seeds were confiscated by customs. It appears that they did not clear the required inspection and therefore I do not get my seeds. I did get a scary note from Thailand. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love cattails they look pretty but be-careful they spread quick. It's okay to plant them in pots and them put them in the waterPublished on May 13, 2014 by carmen perez