Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 21, 2015
The cables I got on 2/20/2015 were not the cables shown in the picture. These cables are extremely stiff and do not have the heat shrink or cable sleeve shown in the picture, they are no longer Individually Sleeved. The individual wires have a black textured sheath (compared to the red, yellow, orange, and or black plastic normally found on power supplies) rather than actually having sleeves over each wire. This is the exact type of behavior I've come to expect from NZXT and it's entirely my fault for giving them another chance. From other reviews it looks like these were once what they advertised them to be, but that's no longer the case.
2 people found this helpful
on November 29, 2012
Though this item may appear under various trade names-NZXT covers the bases well with the most comprehensive selection of "String Theory" wiring upgrades for your gaming beast. You're in luck if your thematic focus is augmented by the color "Black" since the pre packaged kit version is remarkably more cost effective than the parts comprising the sum of individual accoutrements when ordered separately in the colors "Red" or "White". Other vendors may include Mod/Right, Bitfenix, Phobya, Corsair (Proprietary). I installed this and the remaining number of NZXT custom cables required to complete the ensemble and have enjoyed gloating about the technical elegance they impart to my system ever since.

NZXT Technologies Premium Cables Starter Kit (AC-CBSTR-O1)
on January 23, 2015
I ordered this for my build, but ended up not using because it was almost long enough to attach to the evga power supply that is installed in a Corsair Carbide Air 540 case. So adding the rest of the atx wiring, I would have a gob of wiring for nothing. So I went stock. Seems like it would be a ok item, although one pin was out of the connector, easy fix by pushing the pin where it belongs.
on May 22, 2016
Don't be an idiot like me and think that this is a substitute 24-pin cable. This is female to male, not male to male as I thought when I impulsively purchased this without reading nearly anything about it.

That said, this product works as intended, and if you can hide your male to male cable well this will look great if you want black cables in your build.
on July 11, 2013
This is a rock solid well made extension that will flex very nicely when needed. I used this extension with a XFX 1050wt power supply in a black hawk ultra super tower pc case to run all wires behind the motherboard for a clean installation and good air flow. I also like the way it flexed to give me a better looking installation over all in my system..
NZXT has a great product with this 24 pin extension that really works well when you need it to..
on June 28, 2013
The title is just about all it does. I wish the cables were less stiff but there's not much you can do about that. It makes it look pretty nice inside your case even if your cable management isn't perfect.

If you want to get to the nitty gritty, extending the cable will make your PSU less efficient, but it's almost never noticeable, especially if it was a good quality PSU to being with.
on February 22, 2015
Used this to extend the 24-pin ATX power cable for my EVGA G2 1000W PSU. Didn't think I'd ever need something like this but the strange mounting place on my Enthoo Primo case put the PSU farther away from the motherboard than on my old PC. Works well and no more stress on the motherboard connector.
on May 18, 2015
While cabling can be pretty expensive, NZXT definitely makes great cables. I have purchased this item several times and have used it in several different PCs, all of whom look great with this sleek cable extension. While not always completely necessary, if you care at all about sleek cable management, this product is definitely worth considering.
on July 24, 2014
Perfect! Looks great in my PC. Helped to give it a clean professional appearance. Not all NZXT products are this good but this is excellent. This is truly a universal 24-Pin MB extension cable that lengthened the OE cable of my Enermax MaxRevo PSU enough to allow a more advantageous routing. VERY SWEET!
|0Comment|Report abuse
Having purchased a very tall case (Antec P280) for my most recent PC build, I found that the power supply cables didn't quite reach comfortably to all the sockets, including the 24-pin. This NZXT extension gave just enough added length to allow me to route the cable neatly and without stress on the connectors. It is well constructed and the black sleeving is attractive.