Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on February 24, 2014
I'd never heard of CCCP brand watches before seeing this one. I liked the unusual appearance, and bought it on a whim. I am very pleased I did. It quickly became my #1 watch. As the listing states, it has a fully automatic mechanical movement. It has great heft to it, and keeps excellent time. It has proven itself to be more accurate than my Seiko automatic -- so much so that I have not needed to adjust it in more than two weeks.

Note that the instruction manual included is a generic one for various watch models, and does NOT include the correct instructions for setting the date indicator. There is a button on the side of the case at the 2:00 position. Depressing the button advances the date indicator by one day. Other commenters apparently couldn't figure that out, and so concluded wrongly that the watch was defective.

It really is a stunningly beautiful piece. Colleagues of mine who appreciate fine watches always notice it and ask about it, and always express admiration after seeing it up close. The use of blue tinted (front) and red tinted (back) glass to allow a view of the movement is unique and distinctive, and the polished copper numerals and hands compliment those colors beautifully.
on December 7, 2013
It's heavy (in a good way). It keeps time just fine. The automatic movement works as advertised. Despite the instructions, there is no way to change the date short of advancing the watch 24-hours at a time until the date is right. Basically, do NOT try to change the date to the 31st of the month when the watch says it's the 1st. Just let real time catch up to it. The "glow in the dark" bits are useless. You need to expose them to direct sunlight for quite awhile to get any "glow" and even then it only glows for a few minutes before petering out.

No idea if this is as waterproof as it claims to be. I wouldn't trust this watch for diving. Frankly, I wouldn't willingly submerge this watch.

As an "I don't want to take an expensive watch on vacation, but I want a timepiece" watch. This works fine.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2015
This item is listed in the wrong section of the catalogue. This section is for watches - precise devises that always keep accurate time. This piece of space junk did that well for the first 2-3 months and has then totally lost it. It should be in the bracelet section - totally useless things that go round your wrist. But the warning signs I guess were obvious from the start - no sign anywhere of the actual manufacturers name - so of course no-one to complain to. But of course they hide, they know what they make is junk dressed up with its Russian connection. A watchmaker told me the mechanism has much more of a cheap Chinese connection. But why should these people come out of the shadows - they only want to take your $ - they sure don't want to get to know you. And at the risk of having this deleted I will say that Amazon is not blameless either. They must know about the quality of these things but they list them anyway. Do something for your quality standards Amazon and cut your ties with sellers like these. You just don't need them.
on June 5, 2015
The CCCP Mens CP-7001-03 is a very nice watch. The watch gives accurate time and is quite comfortable. I find it comfortable and easy to read in the daylight. If you have large wrists, this watch is not for you. The leather strap is almost too small for my wrist size ( 20cm = 8"). I also noticed that the incandescent hand and markings do not display long in low light conditions.
7 month update..The second time I wore this watch the minute hand is loose and can not be adjusted. I have been unable to receive a response back from CCCP as to where the watch can be sent for warranty work..If this is an indication of he follow support, "buyer beware" As of yet my issue has not been resolved
on September 8, 2014
This watch looks even better in person. I originally wanted to buy the CCCP Sputnik with the translucent black face instead of blue, but it was sold out everywhere. But after receiving this in the mail, I'm glad I went with blue. It's an impressively unique design, and fits almost every occasion. The Russian movement has been accurate, at least to the minute (I did not check the seconds because I'm not that hardcore (yet)). And finally, I haven't had any issues with self-winding mechanism. I've taken it off for 12-hour periods without it dying. Of course, I shake it a bit before leaving it unattended that long. Overall, I could not be happier. It was a very solid choice.

Another review claimed that the date cannot be adjusted, which I'd like to address:

The included instructions aren't very clear; the booklet shows how to set up various CCCP watch models. The one that looks like Sputnik says that you have to pull the crown all the way to adjust the date, but that is incorrect. And rather than spinning the hours/minutes hands for 24-hr increments (like another review explained), there is a button on the side of the watch, a small circular indented button, which will change the date. Just push that button with a pen or paperclip and the day changes. No big deal.
on March 14, 2016
I love this watch. It feels heavy and substantial, and the design is striking. The brilliant blue face and copper details get lots of compliments, and the black band is a nice visual contrast. The clear red back is also cool, even though nobody sees it but me. It feels like a designer, grown-up watch without being boring or stuffy. The only problem is that it stops working every night and I have to wind and reset it every single morning, for which I'm docking it a star. It's a nuisance, especially when traveling, but I like the look and feel of it enough that I don't mind so much.
on July 24, 2015
It was very nice, but after about 6 months it quit working. Took it to a watch specialist and said the fix would cost more that the watch was worth. Only got 6 months use. Loved the look though. It was great while it worked.
on January 10, 2014
I got it on a special sale for under a hundred. It's easily worth twice what I paid.
It's a little thick, but a great looking watch.
I've had strangers stop and admire it.
on January 8, 2015
Super
on January 24, 2014
The back plate was on crooked and it doesn't look as nice as the picture (looks really cheap). I returned it because it definitely wasn't worth 90 dollars. I had also purchased an Armitron ($50) as a gift but decided to keep that for myself because it looked so good and this watch was a total disappointment.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.