- Series: Sybex E-Trainer Certification Course
- CD-ROM: 1104 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (June 15, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0782130186
- ISBN-13: 978-0782130188
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 1.8 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.7 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 116 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,915,896 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
CCNA Virtual Lab, Gold Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Get Hands-On Experience Sharpen Your Skills
Advance Your Career
CCNA Virtual Lab Gold Edition
If you're serious about passing the CCNA exam, you need extensive hands-on experience with routers and switches. Until now, this has required access to expensive network equipment--not to mention the freedom to experiment with it. The CCNA Virtual Lab Gold Edition from Sybex gives you everything you need, and more!. You can practice with this, "equipment" on your own, use it in conjunction with suggested labs that cover CCNA exam objectives, or even design custom labs. An affordable alternative to products and courses costing hundreds, even thousands, of dollars, the CCNA Virtual Lab Gold Edition allows you to work at your own pace, on your own time, so you get the most out of your exam preparation efforts.
Equip Yourself with the Knowledge and Skills You Need to Pass the CCNA Exam:
* Logging into a router
* Starting and saving router configurations
* Setting passwords, hostname, bandwidth, IP address, and clock rate
* Static routes and default routes
* Dynamic routing with RIP and IGRP
* Backing up, upgrading or restoring your router IOS
* IP name resolution
* Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
* Internetworking Packet eXchange (IPX)
* Secondary network addresses and frame types
* Configuring Frame Relay
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only drawbacks are that while there are a lot of commands available to you (+400), there are a few missing. For example, you can't use the Range command to configure multiple interfaces at once. Also, the "do" command which allows you to run the Show command under Global config mode is disabled. Finally, the Show Spanning-tree command becomes disabled after manually setting your switches priority. I think this is a bug in the software but given I couldn't find anything on the Net about it, it could be isolated to my installation.
The licensing scheme is simple and my 2+ year old PC is running this app just fine. Not once has the application crashed.
A great product, a great price and a great tool for passing YOUR CCNA/CCENT exam!
CCNA Virtual Lab, Platinum Edition - Unable to Activate CD
Why can't I activate my CD for CCNA Virtual Lab, Platinum Edition?
CCNA Virtual Lab: Exam 640-801, Platinum Edition
Todd Lammle, William Tedder
The CCNA Virtual Lab, Platinum Edition (978-0-7821-3037-9) was developed to support students preparing for the CCNA exam 640-801, which were retired in 2007. This title is out of print and no longer supported. You may be interested in the title, CCNA Virtual Lab, Titanium Edition (978-0-470-14894-5) or CCNA Virtual Lab, Titanium Edition 2.0 (978-0-470-39259-1 / publishing in 12/2008), both of which cover the current version of the exam.
This will give you a feel for router configs, but has too many limitations to be more than just a toy. If you are serious about CCNA lab and practice, you will find this lacking very quickly.
's lab program, it very convientaly puts togeather important second semester information with fourth semester information and it does a good job. This lab is not built the same way as the official Cisco lab set up, and you can't change the change the serial lines...
Todd Lammle, the Gene Simmons of Cisco training material, forces you to upgrade for any additional functionality on this already extremily over priced, very basic program.
Do yourself a favor and save your money and buy the used Gold version.
1) you're limited to soo few network devices not a huge deal but why? It's kinda lame
2) The amount of supported commands and features are far too small. I was able to do basic routing protocols, but even with those the commands were very limited. I was unable to do NAT which really disturbed me. Everything I WANT to do, I cant do because this software doesn't support the features. This is decent at best for the first half of the CCNA course where you only cover the basic basic routing protocols, anywhere past that this is completely useless.
3) There's more but this software isn't worth my time to spell it all out.
Dont waste your money on this, seriously I'm very disappointed.
Most recent customer reviews
Needs to be updated a bit