Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CDN AD-DTP482 Replacement Probe For DTP482
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on April 27, 2011
The CDN thermometer stopped reading correctly after about 9 months. I took a chance that the problem was the probe. I bought this probe, plugged it into the thermometer and now the thermometer is reading correctly again.
on June 21, 2013
I purchased this probe as a replacement for a probe that had worked for about a year. Both that probe and this current probe failed when I used them to temp chicken on my grill. Befor this time I only inserted the probe into meat to do a quick check, but these last two times I left the probe in the chicken (whole fryer) through the entire cook process, and both times the probe failed before the chicken was fully cooked. On the first probe I thought it failed due to age and the possibility that the cord was kinked in the grill door. On the second porbe I made sure that did not happen so can only conclude that it failed as a result of the prolonged exposure to the heat. Will be sending this back.
on January 20, 2013
This replacement for the one included with the thermometer is identical to it. Same braided metal construction. Easy to use. Recommended if you plan on using the thermometer a lot as you never know when the wiring to the thermocouple might go bad. A small insurance to pay!
on July 4, 2013
most of the probes like this have a tendancy to stop working after several months. Assume it is the heat and use that causes the connections in the probe to separate. Suggest to anyone that buys the digiital cooking termometers to by extra probes when they buy the device. Most companies stop carrying the probes after a while, sometimes short while, leaving you with a device you wind up having to throw away for lack of a probe that works
on June 27, 2013
The price is right but in this case I feel you get what you pay for. I've had several of these. The shortest lived probe went only 3 rounds on the grill. The longest went 15 or so. I give this probe a 2 instead of a 1 simply because when it does work it seems to be very accurate. I've given up on kitchen/grill thermometers and purchased something a bit more durable: the Amprobe TMD-52 Thermometer K/J/T/E-Type works great and with it's 2 channels I'm able to monitor food & grill/oven temperatures when the situation requires.
on March 29, 2015
This fit and worked for about three barbecues and then quit. I find it interesting that it is no longer available. Probably a design flaw considering I have gone through two of them in less than a year. Worked great, for a while.
on February 4, 2014
This works fine in an oven, but I've fried three probes on my grill. The weakness is where the probe connects to the sleeved connection.
on April 11, 2013
I bought the CDN Digital Programmable Probe Thermometer in March 2009. Figuring I'd need a replacement probe on-hand, I also bought an extra probe. Both the original probe that came with the thermometer and the replacement probe had very thick braided wire.

I finally needed another one (I actually fried one by leaving it over an open flame on my gas stove top). I received the new one today and I'm disappointed that the braided wire is thin, much like the lesser probes for other thermometers that don't hold up very long.

This new probe does fit the thermometer and it does work. Only I was expecting a thicker braided wire like the two I got 4 years ago. Getting 4 years (and counting) out of one of these probes is really more than anyone should expect and I hope the new one holds up as well.

I should note it's not the seller's fault. The new probe came in a CDN factory package and clearly states that it is a replacement probe for the CDN DTP482 thermometer.
on July 16, 2016
It did NOT work with Brookstone's Grill Alert. The thermometer read over 40 degrees F cold. Maybe it's ok with others but I had to buy another probe from Brookstone. Just spend the extra $7 and get Brookstone probe if you have a Grill Alert Thermometer.
on December 3, 2012
Probe is Ok, but when probe put in liquid it malfuctions. Put the end of the probe in the oven. Black plastic melted out end of the probe a little. Then the probe started working again. I wanted to put probe in liquid so as to put lid back on the pot. It would be helpful if the probe cord was a little longer.