Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CDN TM15 Extra Large Big Digit Timer
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 1|Change
Price:$12.99+ Free shipping

on April 26, 2007
I was looking for a good basic timer and this fit the bill. It allows you to count up or down and shows time elapsed after the alarm rings (to see how much I screwed up the cookies).

One feature I was looking for but wasn't apparent from the descriptions or photos is how the back is set up. I use the magnet, not the easel and attach it to the stove hood. With some timers the magnet is on the easel and the easel comes out from the back of the timer. Then when you push the timer buttons, it rocks back and forth on the easel, and usually falls into the soup. However, this timer has has the easel flush with the back of the timer. When attached to the hood, it does not rock back and forth when pushing the buttons. Big plus in my book. Sometimes it is just the small details.

Addition (12-2013): While grease covered, these are still going strong.
55 comments| 329 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2005
I bought this timer, because my husband wanted one similar to the one his mom had, with the big display and the simple, three-button operation. This particular timer was better priced than most I looked at, and I liked the extra large display. I have been very happy with it. The buttons don't stick like other timers I have used. I like the way the memory feature works, and the bonus feature that it can count up is also nice.
0Comment| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2009
This is a nice, large-displayed, very basic timer. The alert is sort of subdued, non-jarring, not loud as a klaxon, which may or may not be attractive to you. I had problems with my timer. It suddenly started malfunctioning and then stopped working altogether. I took it apart, and found a wire that had come unmoored from the circuit board. I've seen some cheap circuit boards, but this one took the cake: it was wafer-thin and flimsy-looking. I re-soldered the wire the gauge of which was about as thick as a human hair, barely an exaggeration! The unit functioned for a year or so after the repair before it began to go off spontaneously and all digits would intermittently display "8888", so I popped the battery and trashed it. I liked the timer, but the poor reliability and build quality would prevent me from recommending it to anybody.
66 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2006
We liked this timer. Its display and buttons were great. Its sound was pleasant. Unfortunately, the screen died when splashed with some water. Keep it dry.
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2007
I love everything about this timer: The large display, the loud alarm, the ease of use, etc.

This timer is only missing one thing: an on/off switch.

The battery is constantly running and the 0:00 display is being burned into the screen.

Hopefully someone will wake up and fix this.
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2014
I love this timer. This is the second one I own (first one broke after several years on a drop). This time I decided to buy two timers CDN and Wrenwane: first one because I owned one and loved, and second because it seemed to have better reviews, so I decided to compare. Now that I have both, here is my comparison.
What I love more about CDN:
* Much stronger magnet (the one on Wrenwane doesn't even hold it on my fridge)
* Comes with battery
* Smaller form factor while same size digits
* After reaching 0 alarm sounds and countdown continues into positive (00 01, 00 02 etc.), so you can tell how long ago timer expired
Wrenwane has louder alarm, but both my wife and I consider it too loud, though some seem to prefer it being loud. I guess it depends on how noisy/big your household is.
review image
on May 6, 2011
We bought 3 of these timers. Loved the simplicity and the large numbers.
However, within 1-2 months all 3 timers broke.
They all had very minimal use. The one used the most was used 3-4 times per day for 15 minutes.
First some of the numbers "disappeared" so you had to guess what number it was,
and then they would go "crazy" and do a fast countdown in triple time.
Then they started beeping and could not be turned off without taking out the battery.
Unfortuntely a real piece of junk.
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
This a excellent simple, loud, easy to read kitchen timer. Once the timer goes off, it switches into a count up timer, so you know exactly the total time. Alarm goes off intermittently for 1 min.
on January 19, 2006
The display on the timer is bigger than most, but the sound leaves something to be desired. I wanted something loud so I could hear it from 15 feet away - this was not it. The timer is okay for when you have it next to you or 5 feet away, but not really so good when it's further than that.
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2011
This timer works great for me. I use it mostly in the kitchen and for grilling.

General functionality:
The alarm counts down to zero. When it hits zero, it both beeps and starts counting up. After one minute the beeping stops, but it continues to count up (to 99min).

The back of the unit: I've posted 2 pictures on the Amazon product page of the back. The back has 1) a strong magnet, 2) a folding stand for setting on a table and 3) a small folding eyelet for putting a cord around your neck or hanging on a hook.

Pros:
* It has very large numbers that can easily be seen from across the room. This way you don't have to hover over your timer so you can read it.
* When the alarm goes off, the alarm sounds goes for one minute. In my opinion, it has a loud enough alarm. It's not an air-powered klaxon horn, but considering its size, cost and general function, it is fully adequate.
* When the alarm has sounded, it counts up continuously. This lets you know how much over you've gone.
* It uses a single common AAA battery, not some hard to find and costly battery.
* When you press stop to silence alarm, it resets to last time set. So let's say you had it go for 3 minutes. After the alarm sounds, you press the stop button and it goes back to 3 minutes.

Very Minor Con:
* That small folding eyelet is kind of flimsy looking. But I don't use it, as I mostly use the magnets.
review image review image