BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 25, 2011
I did a lot of research all over the net before purchasing CH brand simulator accessories (pedals, yoke), and Microsoft flight simulator X Gold edition. Everything works great together from the beginning, we installed them all in just a few minutes. The pedals come with USB cord, you don't need to download anything. I read all reviews (CH, Saitek, flight simulators) here on Amazon (search for an older listings), and found more information from aviation/pilot shops. Some of the reviewers stated the pedals were too small, too short, not comfortable, positioned close together, almost impossible to use, did not work, etc. Well, they are huge, there is enough space between pedals, they are not a foot long but are working great for a big guy with size 11 shoe (and for 12 yo as well :o)). Very happy.
on September 15, 2012
I am an avid combat flight sim fan. I am an extreme DCS fanatic, with BS2.0, A-10C, and recently, P-51D all on my machine. I used to own thrustmaster T-flight hotas X as a primary hotas. I had no rudder, so I depended entirely on the twist grip. In the P-51D, I had numerous failures on takeoff by the torque effect of the engine on the straight path down the runway, causing often swerves and grass-hopping, and ultimately failures and crashes. After a lot of research, I decided it's time to move on to a rudder, judging by rudder users that is really complements experience and enhances takeoff and cross-wind landings. So, after a huge bit of digging, youtube, CH hangar, and having a previous DOA saitek X-52, and after numerous positive feedback from CH clients citing reliability of the CH gear over a lot of time (with proper maintenance and care of course, my favourite), I decided to roll the dice and purchase CH products Fighterstick USB, pro throttle USB and pro rudder USB. The package arrived in an S5 Amazon box, and cost me a fortune with the courier company to get it from USA to Saudi Arabia. My primary concern was a DOA delivery. After opening up the package, set up, and a go with the new gear @ DCS World 1.2.0.65 (Beta 3), WOW!!! Epic win with takeoff in the mustang. The P-51D is now easier to fly with and I actually scored few kills compared to no kills whatsoever with my previous twitchy HOTAS. If you are looking for precision, durability on the long term and a product that will always deliver, get it. Now I'm also capable of air refuel with A-10C.

I can't find any flaws, other than I'll get another Ch products pro throttle and 2 MFP's with their extra sets. For a complete CH follow-ship.

Hats off to CH products.
on March 7, 2012
As an avid aviation fan, I wanted to get involved with flight simulators. Microsoft's FSX did it for me, but I quickly learned that if I wanted to have a realistic experience, I'd need a flight yoke and rudder pedals (See my review on the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke if you want). After careful review, I decided to purchase the CH products pedals over others, even though I had considered the Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, the Saitek combat rudder pedals and the Saitek Cessna rudder pedals. My apprehensions before buying were: compatibility with the software, potential conflicts with my other hardware, and quality construction. I had read that the Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals broke if you used them a little too harshly, so I wanted something that could stand the test of time.

Pros:
The construction is solid and I don't expect them to break anytime soon.
The price is cheaper than most other rudder pedals
Works perfectly (plug and play) with Microsoft FSX
No conflicts with my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke or my 2010 iMac running Windows 7 on Boot Camp
Comes with chalks in case you want to use them for a racing game as well as flight sims
The discovery bundle comes with two new planes and new routes for FSX (comes with Beechraft Model 18 and a fun taildragger)

Cons:
Not as realistic as, say, the Saitek Cessna Rudder Pedals.

Bottom Line: Unless you are hyper sensitive to realism and demand only the MOST realistic flight simulator gear, I think this is the best bet you can find for a balance between quality and price for rudder pedals.
on December 31, 2011
It took me a long time to decide to spend the money on these pedals. They are worth the money. They are robust and well made and they make the flight simulator experience MUCH more realistic. Windows XP recognizes them without adding any software or drivers. I use them with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick. I configure the pedals to control the rudder (or as anti-torque pedals for the helicopter) instead of the twist handle on the joystick in Micosoft Flight Simulator 98. Configuration is straightforward in FS98. In "customize controls", change the rudder assignment from the twist handle on the joystick to the rudder pedals and you are done.
on February 13, 2012
I've been an avid simulation pilot since 1996 and have been flying online since 1997. One of the major steps to flying has always been an upgraded joystick and rudder pedals. If you are starting out you can buy a Logitech 3d Pro for under $40 and it will get you started. However when experience builds up the limited durability and life span can start to set in, the logitech frankly does not last more then a few months however being sold at best buy there is a year long warranty for it which is great.

Now there's a time to decide to upgrade or not, if you choose to take the step forward and expand your game then
CH Pro Pedals one key to upgrading. As you can see from the photo its a pair of pedals that slide forward and backwards, also they can be pivoted to act as "Wheel breaks".

I upgraded to a Thrustmaster Warthog which is not a twisty stick (the stick twists which acts as a rudder) so I had to jump real quick and buy the pedals. The Combination is unbeatable, if you prefer not to spend to much on a joystick I would agree, however after using these CH pedals for a week now I cannot say there is a better pair out there, I would certainly go back and order again if anything were to happen.

The main reason I upgraded was due to the level of experience, a Twisty stick limits your ability overall, and secondly the age and durability of twisty sticks were a key reason I had to upgrade, I simply wanted more for my money and a better gaming experience.

The Saitek pedals in comparison has very small feet support, the CH Pro Pedals can fit a size 13 resting comfortably.

The Price was right and I am extremely happy with the buy.
on March 28, 2012
Very sturdy and quality. I have my commercial (multi/inst) pilot's license so I have one complaint. The indent that indicates by feel that the pedals are centered is much too catchy/strong. Real pedals don't have that, just a smooth action. It makes it kind of hard to have precise aim and make precise adjustments in Rise of Flight, but can be mitigated by adjusting other options in game (response curves). Still, it is almost strong enough to make the pedals slide on carpet with a footstool behind it to just get the thing out of center. But they are totally solidly built, easy to set up, compatible with w7 and will probably last a lifetime with extreme precision in the mechanism. I have wanted pc pedals since I was a kid. These are awesome.
on February 23, 2012
This is my first ch brand pedals and they are better than most I have had.They are solid and do not move when used.The pedals are plug and play with windows 7 pro I'm running on the gaming system I put these on.I had no issues with the installation at all, it's easy and that a big plus the way some things are now.Just plug them in your usb port and the drivers are loaded for you and then they are ready for use.
The only other one I have found this good are the saitek pro combat pedals but they are way more money. I have a set of these also and they both work very much alike.For the money you will not beat this set by ch products.I have 4 gaming pc's and I get a set for each one to keep from moveing them so much.I have sims and other games installed on all for sysetms and it's alot better not to have to move pedals and flight sticks around all the time.
These are worth the money and are one solid made product.
on December 5, 2012
I was looking for a new set of flight pedals. I currently am running a Logitech 3d Extreme Joystick which has been great, but using the yaw controls by twisting the stick is less than ideal. I run Windows 7 x64, specifically gaming on Arma 2 and looking forward to Star Citizen.

Controls are sensitive and responsive without being too touchy, and install was a breeze. The spring that controls feedback is firm but light and they instantly return. I didn't realize this, but the pedals also tilt and can be used as a gas and brake pedal I suppose. Not sure what other function that would serve.

Built quality is just a step below what I would consider "industrial". Expect heavy, high quality hard plastics with no give or flimsiness.

Well worth the money.
on February 23, 2012
I bought these to help learn how to fly with. There is plenty of travel and the resistance is pretty realistic. Plug and play with windows 7 x64, and adds a lot of realism. The base is pretty heavy plastic and construction feels sturdy. My only gripe is that the plastic on the heels are not removable, kinda digs in while flying.
on November 16, 2012
Excellent product and quality. I would highly recommend these pedals to be used with X-Plane. Very easy installation, just plug and play. No need to download or install any other software. You have to set them up in X-Plane before you can use them for the first time. My machine is running Windows7 with a 2GHZ CPU and 4GB RAM. You must download and install SP1 from Microsoft, otherwise the machine will freeze and you won't be able to run anything. I had to re-install windows7 from scratch to factory settings. The machine would still freeze until I installed SP1. Only then, did everything become normal!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question