Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

I have to admit I was never a big fan of BOSS... anything..I ordered some of there stuff years ago when they first came out and I was not impressed...after today, I may change the way I think about BOSS now. I ordered these BOSS Audio CH6930 Chaos Exxtreme for my wife's 2000 civic. I had already installed a new Sony head unit and 2 new Sony 6 1/2 's in the doors. Still it didnt have a very full sound. So I found these. After reading tons of reviews and not wanting to drop more than 50 on another pair of speakers, I rolled the dice on them. It was an easy install on the Civic and after about 30 minutes I had them up and running. Immediately I noticed a huge difference from the stock speakers. I sat there and flipped through a variety of songs and was actually quite impressed. Are they the best? Probably not the best. Do they sound good? Yes they do...Even at pretty loud levels they stood up and didnt crack out like others I have installed. At 150 watts rms I don't have any issues with these as I am only running the stock 52 x 4 watt rms head unit. I thought about installing a small 100 watt rms amp I have laying around but it really didnt need it. Maybe if I was pushing a sub in there it might need it to maintain equal levels of lows, mids and highs. After messing with the head unit settings for about 5 minutes I got the full sound I wanted from the entire system. They look nice however that wasn't a concern for me as they are mounted in a stock location where they aren't seen but if you wanted to mount these in a box they do come with covers which look pretty cool and will protect your shiney new speakers. The terminals feel a bit cheap and flimsy, so be careful installing your wires. But for a budget set of speakers that's almost to be expected.

As of right now I am giving the BOSS Audio CH6930 Chaos Exxtreme a 5 star rating. I do review a lot on amazon so if anything changes I will be back to let you know. But right now..I will suggest you check these out if you are looking for a decent speaker that won't break your bank. Now lets see how long they last.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments. I will respond. If you found my review helpful, let me know. Lets keep making better buying decisions together. Thank you and as always Be Safe & Happy Shopping!!
66 comments| 287 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 26, 2017
I love the value of these speakers. I bought the 6x9 400 watts version for around $23. They were well packaged and sound a heck of a lot louder and clearer than the stock speakers Honda put in my car (keep in mind a was replacing speakers from a 2001 Honda-ha!). I needed to buy a Honda Accord terminal adapter to have the connection fit though.I am not an audiophile, but they work for me. They were below my price point and I feel like I got a good deal.
on February 17, 2018
I brought these speakers for my Jeep and super Happy!

background, i have a 2012 jeep patriot. the stock stereo stopped working about 6 months ago . went to a car audio store and was asked $400 to fix it. what? i figured it might not be so hard to put a new stereo myself, so went along to watch some youtube videos on replacing car stereos. i also didn't want it end up as a failed project, and so if it did, i didn't want to lose lots of money. so i got a cheap stereo for $25 at amazon. opening the car stereo, the connecting plugs were different. now what?

seeing more videos, i decided to cut the cables from the jeeps audio adapter and connect them to the generic $25 stereo. after all, it should nt be hard right, i knew i had to connect the 4 stock speakers, link the power from car battery ( to retain time ,radio presets etc) and the accessory power so radio turns on when the car key turns on the accessory step before ignition right? that should nt be too hard, right?
well after i did all the wiring, the radio turned on, the cheap stereo displayed colorful lights, but...there was no sound from the stock speakers. oh no!
is it turning to be a failed project? dang. time to hit the internet for more advice...!
i found out that for the jeep stereo, the audio had to pass through a some module / preamp / amp before it was fed to the speakers! now i was thinking , was this in-between module was to blame? now i have a stock stereo, a cut up stock cable connector and a $25 car stereo , with no sound and a hole in the dash board. was this worth it? Think Rozario, Think!

i had some old small speakers that was part of a creative labs home theater i got for $10 at a church thrift sale a couple of years ago. i connected the speakers to the new car stereo, it worked and got sound from the speakers. Phew. i spent time concealing the speaker wire under the car carpet. put the speakers under the front car seats and that went on for a while.

i was ok with the set up except one thing. when i increase the volume, the creative speakers could nt handle it and i got a jarring/ shrieking sound. i could live with not that loud volume anyway, but it was one of those bothering things that you want to get to, but never had the time or motivation or discomfort enough to get to.

now to the speakers...earlier this week, i stumbled upon these speakers in Amazon and some light bulb went up...400W...may be this can handle the 200W power from the cheap stereo. its only $20. i also got enclosure boxes for $30. the speakers and boxes came in, i put together, was not too hard, and replaced my 4 creative speakers with these 2 speakers. and thankfully, they fit in below the car seats. for the total project cost of $75 ( 25 car stereo +20 speakers +30 enclosures ) and few hours watching you tube, i got the satisfaction of fixing things. I did it!

life is great again. i am enjoying my jeep drives, cruising on the highway, listening to MP3 songs from the cheap stereo on these awesome & cheap speakers. these speakers have a good response for both low and high frequency sounds without any jarring / shrieking sounds at high volume, i went all the way up and still the speakers held up well. yeah! thats my story & take on these speakers and hope it will help you make a decision based on your needs on these speakers. good luck!
on November 23, 2017
Just installed my 6x9’s tonight and let me tell you they are awesome. That being said don’t try to hook an amp to these at first in my opinion bc there needs to be a break in period. To top off my night I installed these in a 1994 Chevy 1500 below the back seat where the cargo pockets are located. Sounds like I have a sub back there now lol. Great speakers for very little money, now comes, how long will these bad boys hold up to rap/hip-hop, dance, r&b and trance music over time
on July 12, 2016
THE GOOD:

* Fast Delivery * Well Packaged * Attractive Looks * Quality Wires * Plenty of Screws & Nuts * Decent Fit Inside The Rear Panels on my 1999 Grand Caravan

THE BAD:

* The Sound Is Just Okay But Not Very Good * If You Are Replacing Blown Speakers These Sound Better - lol !

THE UGLY:

* $25.00 NOT WELL SPENT - After Listening To The Sound I Now Regret This Purchase.
on November 27, 2016
These are okay speakers. If you are not looking for high performance and output at all levels then these will do the trick. As others stated the bass is the strongest sound from these speakers. For just a basic radio listening experience, they are fine. They come with speaker covers which I didn't use and plenty of speaker wire. Dropped right into the holes in the 2005 Camry.
on May 24, 2016
Purchased to replace rear factory speakers on my 2005 Toyota Corolla after my rear window broke during hail storm. Original speakers were completely waterlogged.

These speakers required an aftermarket adapter also purchased on Amazon. The installation was easy and the sound is decent. Not as loud as original speakers but good enough for me. Overall no issues but definitely not the highest quality speakers around, price indicates that.
on December 16, 2016
We installed these in my husbands Honda Civic and they have been working Great !!!! All of his speakers were terrible and I got these as an early Christmas present, we didn't have time to install the door ones yet and it already feels like a brand new sound system!!! and for the price you can't beat it
on April 13, 2017
the tweeters and mid just stopped working. I cant contact the seller because they don't have a contact the seller option. If an amazon rep could get back to me asap for a refund or at least a replacement as see they have 3 year warranty. Thank you. I advise anyone with these to not install with and return asap, not worth the money.
on January 25, 2017
No instructions of any kind and does NOT fit 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS as it said. I had to drill holes into the metal to hold them in and one doesn't fit at all because of the metal plate on the right side that is in the way. I'm using a wire to hold it up in the meantime until I find a pair that fits.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse