Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on June 19, 2013
Chihuly would deserve a more detailed review.

I just want to make a quick note about how I was captivated by this documentary about the Chihuly team of craftsmen and craftswomen.

The documentary shows eloquently the skills and strength required from the glass-blowing craftsmen and craftswomen of the Chihuly team to create their masterpieces.

As reported in an other review, Chihuly's health and strength has been impaired by 2 major accidents long ago. We can see, from the documentary, that it must not be easy for the master to need delegating the physical work of the craft to his team mates most of the time.

I also got the "HD Moods: Chihuly in Nature" BluRay disc. In this BR disk we see the masterworks that the individual pieces created in the documentary lead to. I saw this BR disc before the documentary. I did not know this artist before and was mesmerized by the works showed in the BR disc presentation.

I find Chihuly to be a great artist, so close to nature, who has a magical touch in handling the mystical capacity of glass to handle light.

I don't understand why Chihuly has a so brief note in Wikipedia. Maybe that's because he is not "postmodern" or "post postmodern" enough ...

Presently, there is a big exhibition of Chihuly in the Montreal Art Museum. I can't wait to go and see it. Unfortunately, I missed the lecture that the master made at the Museum 2 weeks ago, but I won't miss the exhibition.

(I bought the 2 BR disks on Amazon.ca at a very reasonable price)
on May 31, 2017
I have seen a number of Chihuly pieces ,and wanted to know more about his process for design. Some pieces are very large ,and can see now that it is a group effort to create .
on March 1, 2012
I purchased this DVD after seeing Chihuly's works displayed in a number of different venues, being fascinated by them every time. I do a bit of amateur work in glass, and was anxious to see a master at the process. But I was hesitant by so many reviews that argued there was too little explanation provided. This was not my experience at all. Really, every aspect of this was fascinating. Chihuly talks a lot about his work, often doing it as the work is being created. I was amazed to see just how many people are involved in getting a large piece created, and the vivid colors of the work, the blazing furnace, and the workers themselves was to me riveting. And it was fun to see Chihuly himself! Having never see an image of him before he was not at all what I expected. If I'd met him on the street, I'd have guessed he was a bouncer at a local bar, not man with such creative genius. He's a burly, rugged looking man sporting a black eye patch (a result of an injury from past work with hot glass) that suggests more of a pirate background more than a designer of graceful glass. And a his body type just defies imagining him as a great artist until you actually see him at work - then you stop seeing the body image and just start seeing how he oversees and develops his work. The exciting part is seeing just how varied his work has been. This is a DVD I'd highly recommend to anyone with any interest in glass artistry.
on January 24, 2014
Bought this after I saw a mega Chihuly exhibit at the Virginia Fine Arts Museum which I enjoyed immensely. This video was played on a endless loop in the gift shop and lots of attendees stood around and watched it for quite a while, yours truly included. I decided to buy it later after reflecting on the wonder of this man's creativity and I am glad to own it so that I can watch his creative process whenever I am struck by the urge! I also purchased Chihuly in Nature, an inexpensive DVD which contains beautiful floating images of Chihuly's creations in an outside site, mainly the NY Botanical Gardens, which is delightful, as well as Chihuly 365 Days which provides beautiful high quality photos of his work in a well priced volume which I keep on my coffee table for easy access to inspiration. Pleased with all...
on August 8, 2017
Gave this to a colleague as a gift, whom likes Chihuly.
on November 11, 2013
It's interesting to watch. Certainly learned a few tidbits. Wouldn't want to spend more than five-buck on this BD. It is at the pace of an energetic midnight infomercial with lots of fanfare and seemingly repetitious themes with not much substance. And the music!!! I had to watch this mostly on mute as the music was too damn annoying and distracting. Didn't miss much since there's not much narration or explanation, and mostly passing dialog among the glassblowers in action. Wish this was more informative and educational. Three stars for content. Knock off one star for the incessant annoying music.
on March 18, 2011
If you have ever heard of Dale Chihuly, you owe it to yourself to get this film! It shows a large number of small sessions where he & his team create the items he has become famous for. The only thing I hated was the "background" music, which was way too intrusive, way too loud, and way too much! I would have loved to hear more dialogue between the craftsmen, or narration, or anything but this annoying music by the tom Tom Club, whoever in the world they are. Sounds like some sort of musical torture session, why the producers used so much and so loud is beyond me.
To top it off, you never know when there is going to be talking by the glass blowers inserted into the music, so if you don't want to miss anything you have to just endure it. But it is still worth the purchase!
on August 6, 2017
Very happy. Thanks.
on December 28, 2012
This is a great video narrated by Chihuly himself. He hosts a week of blowing with the different folks he has worked with. It is really wonderful to watch since we did see his work in the Dallas Arboretum..the Arboretum display does not hold up to the work that is displayed in this cd. Don't miss it if you love Chihuly
on May 21, 2017
Great video !

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.