Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 1, 2017
I bought this because the information stated it was formatted to play on US DVD/Blu-Ray players. That doesn't appear to be the case. I've tried it in 2 different Blu-Ray players and on my laptop and none of them will read the disks. They need to either offer this as an Instant Video or have a DVD/Blu-Ray version made specifically for US players. I plan to see if I can return my copy since I cannot watch it and don't feel like I should have to buy a specialty version Blu-Ray player in order to watch something that was supposedly formatted for US players.
on September 11, 2012
This dvd set plays on us machines that are capable of playing 50hz speed. My Samsung does, my Sony does not. Just google 50hz compatibility and your model number.

The show is one of the best things I have seen in recent memory. LUSHLY filmed, it looks fantastic on bluray. The acting and stories are FIRST RATE! It comes with three stories of approximately 1 1/2 hours each and has many surprises, fantastic action, realistic violence and even nudity. I couldn't wait to see the next story after finishing each earlier story. The stories involve special forces missions to Iraq, Zimbabwe and finally Afghanistan. Seems to have been filmed with a very high budget and the stories are as entertaining as any feature film involving soldiers since Apocalypse Now. The series' hero, Richard Armitage is awesome. A renegade action hero like a cross between James Bond and GI Joe. Apparently Armitage had to drop out of season 2 which was picked up by Cinemax so that he could film the Hobbit movies (although I think he appears in a cameo). It's a shame because I loved this character but I have faith that the series creators got excellent replacement stars. Beg, borrow or steal a dvd player (try samsungs) that will play 50hz and get this title because the story line comes before the Cinemax series.
9 people found this helpful
on October 18, 2015
This first season is really good; well written very smart story lines, great action, well filmed and acted. A realistic mind grabber and holder about war, mercs, secret ops, spies and lies. Addicting, I re-watch it every year or so, worth place in your video library. Richard Armitage nailed it. Realistic locations in Africa. Forget the following seasons - I was hoping but they must have changed writers or etc - so don't imagine the follow ups are like the first season. Don't like Blu-Ray and the EU versions don't work here. C'mon, bring this out on plain DVD for the USA market.
on April 11, 2015
Bought this not knowing if it would work on my laptop here in the U.S.A. but it does. I love Richard Armitage and he is great in this as he is in most of his stuff. If you like military action & lots of explosions you'll like this. This show went on to be a Showtime series for 2 years but Richard left it after the 1st season to do The Hobbit movies. What is called season 1 here in the states is actually season 2 and starts after John Porter (Richard) is killed. If your a RA fan be careful if you order this as it might not play on U.S. players...
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 9, 2015
This is actually the first season that was put out in the UK before it switched over to Cinemax. I prefer the Cinemax seasons but don't let this stop you if you are a fan. Some people have been having issues playing this Blu-ray on U.S. players. I couldn't play it on my Panasonic Blu-ray player but had no problem playing it in my PS4 and another Sony Blu-ray player. It is an all region Blu-ray though.
2 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 2, 2012
Was excited to find this on Amazon. I read all the reviews about issues with playback, but I had no problem with my Samsung Blu-ray. It wouldn't play on my Sony, but that was consistent with what I had also read in the reviews. Just Google Blu-rays that play this format and you'll see there are many available in the U.S. that will work - you may already own one.

This is a great series, propelled by an amazing performance by Richard Armitage. It is has realistic war violence, so definately not for children. It is essentially three movies - very high production values, great action, and a compelling storyline.
on August 18, 2012
I'll add my two cents about Chris Ryan's Strike Back. I was aware of the playback issues with this Blu-ray and the seller that I bought from was good enough to enclose an explanation about the player being capable of accepting 50/60Hz. I tried the Blu-ray in my Panasonic BDT210. It displayed subtitles and sound, but no picture. I then tried it in my Oppo BDT93 and it played fine. Curiously, my Denon AVR showed DTS Master input in 2.0, and output 7.1. I didn't mess around with settings in the receiver and/or player to see if I could get a true surround input; I was happy just to be able to watch the show. And a great show it is. I will next watch my Strike Back Season 1, and return my copy of Strike Back Project Dawn, having learned that it is an abbreviated version of Season 1. They sure succeeded in confusing everyone. I'm looking forward to Season 2, no matter what they call it.
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 30, 2013
If you are a Strike Back fan in the US.The first question you would ask is"who is John Porter?" He gets killed in the first episode.My curiosity led me to the British version,not seen in the US.This series has the beginning of Strike Back. John Porter is played by my favorite British actor Richard Armitage and Andrew Lincoln[the walking dead] is also in it.To bad this was not available in the US it would have given more insite into the US version.If you have a region free DVD player and you are a Strike Back fan,this is a must see.
on June 26, 2014
No one seems to have this in a format that will play in the U.S. I presume the content is good as its subsequent seasons on Cinemax, but this true first season is advertised by many as being available for DVD in Region 1, but I have three copies I can't play from various sources all claiming the same thing.
|44 comments|Report abuse
on August 8, 2017
Not as good as the original strike back
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse