|Item model number||CJESLNA-120|
|Item Weight||3.84 ounces|
|Package Dimensions||5.7 x 5.1 x 0.6 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
2-Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
CJESLNA SATA 2nd HDD Caddy for 12.7mm Universal CD/DVD-ROM
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Improve laptop performance and capacity with extra hard drive
- Fully integrated into laptop, no cables/PSU/software driver needed.
- Uses 2.5" SATA hard drives 12.7mm-high
- Fast & Reliable connection in laptop, just as the primary HDD
- Note: Please check the below cool item, that will turn your original 12.7mm sata connection drive into an external DVD drive, better yet, no AC adapter needed; External case for 12.7mm Sata DVD drive.£¨Only a case, not included any drive ); What is included: 1 x Hard Dive Caddy; 4 x Hard Drive Screws
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Note: Please check the below cool item, that will turn your original 12.7mm sata connection drive into an external DVD drive, better yet, no AC adapter needed; External case for 12.7mm Sata DVD drive.£¨Only a case, not included any drive ); What is included: 1 x Hard Dive Caddy; 4 x Hard Drive Screws
Showing 1-6 of 663 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is your A C T I O N news reporter coming to you once again L I V E from the North East corridor of the United States with another thrill packed review!
Short and simple; works just as you would expect but take note: I am guessing that because this is a generic caddy that will fit many types of computers it does not have a nice fancy face that will sit flush with your laptop; you're gonna have to hunt for one; maybe grab one off another DVD drive for your computer.
The device installs easily in my Lenovo T420, and ejects just as well; this model does not have the spring loaded stem on the bottom that pushes it out when you release the drive/caddy (the T420 has a second lever to push the drive out).
The 7mm drive I installed went in snugly and needed to be pushed down with a little effort towards the contacts in the SATA connector, but that is better than a sloppy fit. The caddy also includes 4 screws to fasten the drive to the caddy via the bottom mounting holes.
Have a magical Day!
The caddy has sticker's on it that are supposed to be instructions. However, I noticed that they don't match my caddy. The stickers show clips that don't exist on my caddy. Also, the stickers on mine do not point out an important 3-position switch. This caddy (and many other cheap cd-rom bay caddies) has a 3-position switch in the hard drive slot, next to the SATA connectors. It is very easy to overlook. That switch is important because your drive might not work properly without being set in the correct position.... which is determined by trial and error. If it is in the wrong position, the computer might not find the hard drive or the laptop might have LEDs that never turn off when you try to shutdown the computer.
I had to disable fastboot on Windows 10 to get Windows to see my drive. Maybe changing the switch position again would have fixed that, but I didn't try it.
The caddy fits in my laptop well. It slides right into the bay without much effort. It fits the opening well, so it doesn't have extra space to move or bounce around. My laptop's frame doesn't have any screw holes that match the caddy's, so it is held in place by friction. However, because the caddy fits my cd-rom bay so well, he laptop's sata and power connectors provide enough friction that I don't have to worry about it working loose and falling out.
The face plate from my cdrom drive fits on the caddy perfectly. However, you should be very careful when removing the faceplate from the drive. If you damage the faceplate, it might not snap into the caddy correctly.
Removing the caddy isn't the easiest task. You have to try and pull it out using the cd-rom's face plate (if you attached it) and hope that it doesn't snap off. If it does, you have to use a screw driver to slowly pry it out.
I tried it on a few 2.5 inch drives and 2 of them fit perfectly. However one of them, a Kingston 120GB SSD, barely fit and I worry that it might damage the drive's sata connectors at some point.
Overall, I don't regret the purchase, but I would be shocked if there wasn't something better.
The good news is that once you get it installed, the computer immediately recognizes the hard drive on boot up as an internal hard drive--no settings or drivers required. Since we can use USB sticks in place of CDs, this is a great way to add a second hard drive to your laptop. What I recommend is to replace your hard drive with an SSD as your C drive, then install your original HD as the D drive, and use it for storage. That's exactly what I'm doing with this laptop.
The problem is that the plastic is too thick on the inside portion where the metal tab is to be installed, such that the short screws from the laptop optical drive, aren't long enough to reach to the threads in the adapter module. This means that many users can slide this in and make it work, but won't be able to lock it in the laptop, allowing it to be slid out of the optical bay.
I was able to make it work by locating a longer screw that I had on hand, but many users won't have spare tiny screws laying around.