Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 8, 2013
Very rugged, sleek looking cover -- especially for eight bucks. Other reviewers have stated this case is bulky, and it is definitely not thin. But this also means its not flimsy. Can't tell you how much my iPad is tossed around and this thing really protects it. I have also seen some reviews that stated the cover is warped on arrival. Yep, it bows outward, but you can bend it back the other way and it will remain flat after that. I think the inner material used to stiffen the front cover is actually plastic, because it feels harder than cardboard. To straighten mine out, I opened it up and put the front cover on my kitchen counter, put a hand towel over top of the vinyl surface and ironed it with a warm (not hot) iron and some heavy pressure. It has been flat as a board ever since. Even that is not enough to make me give it less than five stars. As a matter of fact, I am buying a second one just in case the one I have now starts to wear out. Sooner or later I am going to have to replace my trusty old 1st gen. iPad. Since the iPad 1 fits in this so snugly, I am hoping this case will also fit one of the newer versions as well.
on January 26, 2013
Just received it today. I can feel that my ipad is protected. It took a lot of effort though getting my iPad 1 into it securely which made it a little tight but Im assuming thats the purpose to secure tightly enough in there for no movement or possible falling out. It has a protection flap that keeps it in there. Then once closed you can wrap a stretchy band around it to keep closed. Perfect. I reccomend this definitely for everyone!! I was at first going for a cute stylish one but I figured a durable heavy duty protective one is better down the road.
on June 24, 2013
Wow, it's difficult to find a folio case for the first generation iPad. This case fits perfectly and the grooves that are cut out allow all the buttons to be easily accessible. The case feels very durable and I feel comfortable enough to say it will do the job of protecting my iPad. At first, this case feels a little too stiff but that will probably change as its used over time. The only thing I wish this case had is a way to hold the iPad different angles when using it as a stand. I can stand it up by folding the case back, but the angles are limited. Overall, I'm happy with the fit and how durable this case feels.
on May 20, 2013
This is a great case for the first generation iPad. It is high quality and extremely reasonably priced under $10. Nothing was warped as mentioned in other reviews. The iPad sits very snugly in the holder and has an extra Velcro tab to keep it from sliding around. I am thrilled with this case and can't see wanting any other kind for my purposes. We also have a fisher price case for when our kids use it, but this case is fantastic for "adult" use. I think if it was dropped, it would be very well protected too. Five stars!
on January 3, 2012
I love this case - I was getting tired of cheap plastic cases that would crack at the corners with frequent removal - I frequently switch between a regular case and a case with a keyboard in it for school, and my TPU style case had picked up dye from a smart cover, the plastic back broke, and I just wanted something simple and sturdy to hold my iPad. I ordered this case, and have been very happy. Most of the time it's not even necessary to use the elastic band to hold the case together, it closes just like a book. I love that the iPad is fully protected, with minimal openings at the corners and important buttons.
on April 6, 2015
Works great to protect your ipad IF you cover the top opening with ducttape to keep the ipad from slipping out. Does not stand well on smooth surfaces though. only stands if something is thick enough to keep back flap from sliding. But as far as durability, I do trust it to take good care of our ipad 1.
on October 11, 2014
Great product. Unlike more modern flimsy folios this offers solid protection for your device. It is truly high quality. I only wish it was easier to use as a stand on more slippery (think granite countertop) surface. A hand hold would have been nice as well. All in all though solid product!
on October 6, 2012
This iPad cover is great and looks great!! I've been using it for about 4 months now and it has held up well (and I have a 2 year old). I've even been able to use the strap and "hang" it from my headrest in the car for my daughter to watch videos while we're driving. I bring it to the gym and it rests well on the treadmill ledge. Such a great product for the price. I have no complaints!!
on May 7, 2013
unfortunately, my company reclaimed their ipad and macbook pro, but i received a replacement/original ipad from a friend. however, it was caseless, and i quickly found that the "original" apple ipad leather case is basically a dodo. after many hours of searching for a similar product i settled on this and for the most part it has done me well. like others, i wish it would fit the headphone slot better and the "back panel" is just slightly too long to really stabilize the unit on a matress (which is unfortunate as that's really my primary use-case) but given the price and the competitors, it's definitely worth the purchase.
on October 8, 2010
The overall case looks great and works really well. It's a little more bulky than I expected, but it provides good protection and feels like a nice book in your hand when you are carrying it. The only issues I have are, that the top cover is slightly warping. It's fine when the elastic band is around it, but when I open it, it is warped. I've been trying to bend it back, but I'm not sure what the material is, and I don't want to crack it. The only other tiny thing that I would like to see designed into this product is for the edge of the top flap to have some rubber material on it, so it wouldn't slide when you have it opened and are typing in landscape mode on a table. I may try to glue some rubber material to that edge so that it has a little more grip. Other than those two little things, it's a great iPad case.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse