Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on April 2, 2012
I can't recommend this book. I thought it would be great, since the Calculus review book by this same company was excellent. There are many things on the test that are not covered in this book, and WORSE, it has SO MANY mistakes and typographical errors, and the practice exams in this book are not near the level of difficulty of the real CLEP exam. This is not my first time studying chemistry, so I caught many of the mistakes and still passed the test, but it is SO NOT HELPFUL to have a book like this with so many errors in it. Don't buy it.
on August 20, 2013
If you want to buy the kindle version, don't waste your time. You will be able to read but not be able to view any of the equations. Useless for learning. Many spelling errors throughout the entire book, not even sure if it was proof-read. I'm sure a physical edition would be a good review otherwise but doesn't cover everything you need for the test.
on October 6, 2015
Not for the young at heart. If you don't have any knowledge of chemistry...don't buy this book.
on February 10, 2014
I love the topical overview and the two sample tests! I just wish there were some example problems or practice problems integrated in the text.
on August 16, 2007
I love the REA Clep books and they had never let me down before. However, this one was not as good as its predecessors. The lessons were hard to follow and I ended up calling my former chemistry teachers for help because the book was not working for me. I also found several errors in the practice tests. At first I wondered, could I really be that dumb? Was there some law that I overlooked? Well, no. Not according to logic. And not according to my chemistry teachers. This book is okay but it needs to be edited some more.
on April 27, 2015
didnt really help me. The tests were best part.
on May 11, 2015
Too superficial
on May 16, 2009
waste of money, waste of time.. lots of error. did not help me with my study
on August 24, 2009
When the clep administrator at my institution informed me that no one he had ever given the chemistry clep to had passed, I decided to take the preparation very seriously. I began researching how other people had passed the test and ordered several materials. After 8+ years of no chemistry, my chemistry knowledge was not very good, so I had to prepare more than someone who just finished a high school chem or college intro chem course. If you are starting from scratch or just want to make sure you pass this test, then this is what I would recommend. Begin with the Wiley, "Chemistry Concepts and Problems: A Self Teaching Guide." This book is written in a continuous question and answer format that reviews and tests your knowledge to build a strong foundation of chemistry knowledge and problem solving. Then simultaneously study REA's "CLEP Chimistry," by Peel (I strongly recommend getting the book and CD with two practice tests included) with the Chemistry CLEP Professor software. You will find the REA book to be very summarized. I bought that first and felt like I needed more help. I found the CLEP Professor and gave it a try. My comprehension and retention immediately began skyrocketing, in addition to my practice test scores! The CLEP Professor follows the exact format and order of information of the book, but fills in a lot of the gaps. You may opt to purchase a general chemistry textbook to look up additional information on specific questions, but I would not recommend studying it alone to pass. There is too much information not focused for the CLEP exam that will make you forget what you need to know. You can also research anything you need to know more about online making the textbook unnecessary. I would recommend at least one month to go through these three materials. You should plan to spend about two weeks on the Wiley Self Study and two weeks on the CLEP professor and REA book together. That will give you 6 practice tests to work on. I recommend taking one practice test while you are studying the last two materials every other day. This will show you what you are learning and what you need to learn. Spend one month and about a total of $150 and you can save two semesters of time and about $2000. You should pass easily if you follow the three steps of this program: 1-Wiley Self-Teaching Guide, 2-CLEP Professor and REA CLEP Chemistry, 3-Take practice tests and look up material you are unfamiliar with. I hope you do well.
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse