Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
CM Hop Bag, 15"
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- THE STRENGTH OF MUSLIN: With many hop filtering bags on the market, it’s hard to figure out which ones to buy. Filters are a great method to extract hops when making homemade beer. Common materials include mesh, nylon, or muslin fabric. Muslin bags are the best of the three due to the durability, permeability, and stretchy disposition of the material. Normally 14”, our hop boiling bags extend up to 26” in length. It also holds up to 3 ounces of hop pellets and one pound of grain.
- A NO-FUSS EXTRACTION METHOD: Whether you are using hop pellets, whole hops, or whole grains, it’s more convenient to use a filtering system than submerging them directly into the brew. Homebrew beer filters are ideal because you get the same extraction of flavors without worrying about the pellets or grain getting stuck in the homebrew equipment. Simply pull out your muslin bag when you’ve reached optimal flavor displacement. This method greatly diminishes the hassle of build-up and clean-up.
- CUT BACK ON EXPENSES AND WASTE: At Cotton Millz, we’re firm believers in doing what we can to cut back on environmental waste. We encourage everyone to use our bags more than once to support our efforts to be eco-friendly. These muslin steeping grain socks are reusable and washable, so you can use them more than once without the bags losing their integrity or becoming ineffective. They are stain resistant and odor-free as well, so reusing a bag won’t influence the taste of your beer.
- INCREASE SURFACE AREA FOR MORE TASTE: Extracting the flavor of hops is an integral part of the beer-making process. Used primarily as a flavoring and stability agent, hops impart bitter, zesty, and citric flavours, making the undertones of your craft come alive. You need to optimize surface area for your pellets to work properly. Our cotton bags are stretchy and porous which means you don’t need to worry about your hops or grain being confined, decreasing surface area and, ultimately, taste.
- NOT JUST FOR BEER:
- While we created these home brewing supplies for craft beer enthusiasts, these muslin bags are incredibly versatile, lending themselves to all sorts of uses from loose leaf tea steeping to making herb sacks for soups and stews. These can be used as almond milk and juice bags as well. Muslin material is better than the ever-popular cheese cloth because it is stronger and more stretchy. Use the Cotton Millz easy-to-use bags for all sorts of projects and creations in the kitchen.
|Bulk Savings on Professional Dishwashing Detergent by Amazon Basics|
Dishwashing Detergent, 1 gal, 4-Pack $44.76
Heavy-Duty Detergent, Citrus, 38 oz, 8-Pack $45.49
Professional Detergent, Spring Fresh, 38 oz, 8-Pack $47.66
Premium Detergent, Herbal Lemon, 38 oz, 8-Pack $47.88
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
These are throw away bags for grains and hops. Our nylon bags offer greater flow through, tighter mesh, a string to hang them from, and resuability. The benefit of the disposable muslin bags is that you don't have to clean them out.