- Brand Name: Cooler Master
- Model Number: SGC-5000-KKN1
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Form Factor: Mid Tower
- Supported Motherboard: ATX
CM Storm Trooper - Gaming Full Tower Computer Case with Carrying Handle (SGC-5000-KKN1)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The first full tower chassis with two 90 degrees rotatable 4-in-3 HDD modules
- The first with an easy-to-carry handle, and hidden tool box for storing private goods
- Easily removable dust filters on intakes
- A built in fan controller for cool or quiet operation
- Supports up to 14 hard-drives for future upgrades
- Convenient external 2.5" HDD/SSD X-dock
- Supports high-end hardware, includes XL-ATX board, multiple GPUs in SLI or Crossfire
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
CM Storm Trooper Full Tower Chassis
Representing the apex of gaming full towers, the CM Storm Trooper is designed to be exactly what a gamer needs to easily house the most extreme system setups and take them on-the-go with its extremely sturdy carrying handles. Be it an extensive watercooling setup or windstorm of air cooling, the CM Storm Trooper is prepared to contain and use it to its full potential. The Trooper marks the first time a full tower has been designed for transport while being packed with features such as USB 3.0, external 2.5”, and two entirely removable, 90 degree rotatable HDD cages for easier hard-drive installation.
|EASE OF MOBILITY |
CM Storm Stryker comes with the ultra-strong carrying handle with rubber coating. It can hold up to 70lbs of weight.
|DUAL REMOVABLE / ROTATABLE HDD CAGES |
Unique 90 degree rotatable 5.25”/3.5” combo cages offer flexibility for installation or to support the latest long graphics cards in the market.
|2.5” HOTSWAP X-DOCK |
A 2.5” SDD hotswap X-dock available in the front panel for easy access and transfer file.
|TOP I/O PANEL WITH FAN CONTROLLER |
The top I/O panel included 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 2 x USB 2.0 ports, Audio In and Out (supports HD Audio) and fan controller.
|Material||Steel body, Front Mesh / Plastic bezel|
|Dimension||250 x 605.6 x 578.5 mm (9.8 x 23.8 x 22.8 in)|
|Weight||14.4 KG / 31.7 lbs|
|M/B Type||Micro-ATX, ATX, XL-ATX|
|5.25" Drive Bay||9|
|3.5" Drive Bay||8 (converted from 5.25” bay by two 4-in 3 HDD modules)|
|2.5" Drive Bay||13 (converted from 5.25” bay by two 4-in 3 HDD modules)|
|Cooling System||Front: 120 mm LED fan x2 (1200 RPM, 17dBA) |
Top: 200 mm fan x 1 (1000 RPM, 23 dBA)
Rear: 140 mm fan x1 (1200 RPM, 19 dBA) (converted to 120 mm fan)
Bottom: 120 mm fan x 2 (optional)
Side: 120 mm fan x 2 (optional)
|I/O Panel||USB 3.0 x 2 (internal), USB 2.0 x 2, e-SATA x 1, Audio In and Out ( Supports HD audio)|
|Power Supply||Standard ATX PS2 / EPS 12V (optional)|
|Maximum Compatibility||CPU cooler height: 186 mm / 7.3 in |
GPU card length: 322 mm / 12.7 in
Top Customer Reviews
Notable features that I enjoy:
* Very sturdy handle grip on top. This makes lifting the case a real breeze, even with all components installed. The handle is very nice, and the underneath side is squishy, making it very confortable. The handle is bolted to the base of the case of course, and feels extremely sturdy.
* Slot-loading SSD on the front of the case. Great feature allows quick swapping of SSDs without opening the case.
* Massive 200MM fan on top. Other reviews I have seen online complain this fan is too loud, I have no idea why they say that. I have all fans going at max level 6, and this is not loud to me at all. This fan has a huge filter that slides out for easy cleaning, and the way the case layout is designed, this fan is not in the way at all. Basically, take a regular full tower case that doesn't have a top fan, add roughly 5-6 inches on top, and thats how big the Trooper is. Wonderful.
* Bottom mounted PSU. This allows you to have all that space for the top fan. The bottom of the case has a dust filter as well. Note that the leg stubs are not very high on this case, co if you plan to set it on carpet, you will want to get a piece of wood or plastic mat to sit it on so the PSU's bottom vent doesn't get clogged by the carpet.
*Very large motherboard window makes it a real breeze to install.Read more ›
I was going from an Antec P180 to this due to just getting a bit too cramped and issues withe airflow in the Antec case. This case is a monster, there is more than enough space in this model to include any reasonable amount of drives and accessories. Two or three videocards would not be an issue here. There is plenty of space and easy to work in given the size.
The first thing I noticed was the overall quality job of fit and finish on the case. An accessory box is wired into the interior and additional parts in the bottom mounted tray. I'm not sure what kind of finish they used, whether painted and baked or powder coated. It's a quality job either way. During the course of the installation there were a few slips with the screwdriver and there was not a single mark left by any of them. This is definitely a case that will take some abuse to its finish and retain it's good looks.
Moving into the MB mounting, there is a neat little socket included that you place the MB studs to and use a screw drive to insert into the MB tray. This made alignment and installation a breeze. Just be sure that your studs are aligned properly to the holes on the MB or you will short your board when you go to power up. This case completely swallowed up the fullsize MB I was installing.
Next area was the drive mounts. They come from the factory facing the left side of the case. There is a fan mounted (factory) to each of the cages. I reoriented them to face front to back.Read more ›
The case has amazing airflow right out of the box. If you're not to worried about the temp of your HDD's you can rotate the front fans for even more airflow towards your GPU.
The cables for the case are mostly matte black which is great for what little bit you can't tuck behind the motherboard.
It has a very generous cutout for after-market heat sinks.
There is plenty of room around the back side for cable management.
There are several dust filters, and are all easily accessible.
It has an X-drive which is great for someone who has a ton of laptop HDD's laying around.
The bays in the front are on the black slider inserts again. I was really hoping for a one-touch system like the older HAF-922 has for easier swaps.
The X-Drive isn't very secure. You push the HDD in much like a Nintendo cartridge, then pull it out the same way. This to me, seams like a cheap design compared to various other $20-30 drives you can purchase elsewhere. If you're buying it for the X-drive, you're better off just buying the Thermaltake bay and tossing it in your choice case.
All of the hardware is in the 'tool box' behind the CM Storm plate on the bottom of the front side. On my particular case, the front of the case did not line up properly and it was nearly impossible to get the tool box out. Once it was out, I decided it wasn't worth putting it back in.
The buttons on top of the case are all joined together, so if you push one, you push all of them if you're not careful. If the room is quiet, there is a very small click to distinguish whether or not you pushed the button. It takes more force than you expect.
Overall, I am satisfied with the case. It looks amazing.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
its been 2 years and this thing is still going strong. lots of space inside. Its heavy to carry around once you have all components in, but the handle helps out.Published 6 months ago by Sno
Love this case. I'm particular on the organization of cables and total airflow of my cases and this one is awesome.Published 15 months ago by Jesse W. Chovan
Best case I have ever owned, made sever purchases and tried different designs but this one is by far the best and it has a carrying handle making it easy to move around.Published 16 months ago by Bernardo Brito
Full metal full size ATX case. This thing is a monster. Fits my rig perfectly and the airflow is awesome. Read morePublished 23 months ago by KeemerT
The "Little Guy" is fascinated by the red led decorations. If it works for the little guy it works for me :-).Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer
My son wanted this one for a long time. I bought him and after some time he just changed his mind. This is just not worth the money. Do not recommend it to anybody.Published on January 4, 2014 by Templar_Knight_4ever
This is a good case and i swear it pulls more air than my lian li, got it for my kids build which was a crosshair formula z and it had room for the gtx 680 which is massivePublished on December 30, 2013 by J Bigsby
Gorgeous case with high quality construction all the way through. Only downside is lack of a real window on the side. Everything else is beautiful. Read more
-Fits everything I put in it
-Great air flow
-IMHO best looking case around
-The Mesh on the left side had a dent (probably... Read more