Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
Great concept, but a bit flawed in its execution
on May 25, 2013
I want to ditch my wallet...completely...I've been searching for the perfect iphone wallet case and did a lot of research to come up with this wallet case. Let me go through the Pros and Cons:
1) It's a great concept--a card case, and iphone protective case all in one! I have pretty much ditched my wallet completely in favor of just carrying this.
2) It's stretchy leather pouch carries my corporate amex, personal amex, two debit cards, a visa, driver's license, auto insurance card, and my subway pass all in one!
3) I get comments and compliments on it all the time. When I pull it out my pocket at coffee shops or at restaurants to pay, I typically get a comment like "woah, that's such a cool case!"
4) The more cards you put in the pouch the more it protects your phone from that inevitable accidental drop...or two, or three, or if you're me--a zillion.
1) The more cards you add to the pouch, the more the leather permanently stretches out. A lot of times if I take one-two cards out of the pouch, the others will be so loose in the pouch that they'll fall out.
2) Also, the more cards you add to the pouch, the more the leather pouch pulls away from the plastic protective case. The pouch is actually super-glued to the plastic and not actually held on by much more. With all the cards in the pouch, not only is the leather pulling away from the case, but the stitching is beginning to come loose and I now have several white stitch threads chilling at the bottom of the case.
3) Functionally, it can be a hassle pulling cards out of the pouch since you can't really have them organized or in separate easy-to-grab slots like most conventional wallets. With all the cards clumped together, if they don't take Amex (the card I keep on the top of the pouch) I'll end up having to pull all the cards out to grab a visa.
4) I've noticed that sometimes my screen protector sheet that I put on the face of the phone will come dislodged on the edge of the case when it's been sitting in my pocket the wrong way. I'm forced to either take all the cards out and pull the case off to adjust it, or try to get my finger nail under the edge and push the protective sheet back onto the phone.
Bottom line -- I still really like this case. I've had it for almost a year and it's just now starting to show signs of wear and tear. I'll probably be upgrading to the iphone 5 soon so I'll have to replace the case regardless, but if I weren't to upgrade, this case would probably last me another 3-4 more months before I'd begin researching a new wallet phone case. This is a good case if you're a minimalist and only intend to carry around 3-4 cards max. But if you want to literally stretch the boundaries, you'll most likely end up where I am now with threads sticking out and the pouch ripping away from the case.