- Clip this coupon to save 10% on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "COLE & MASON Derwent Pepper Grinder - Stainless St..." and save 25% off the $40.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
COLE & MASON Derwent Pepper Grinder - Stainless Steel Mill Includes Gourmet Precision Mechanism and Premium Peppercorns
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Modern and Unique Style: The high-quality clear acrylic pepper mill with a stylish stainless-steel finish will look cool on any kitchen table
- Adjustable Settings: 6 precise grinding levels offer fine or coarse granules, while a new durable top design creates a smooth and even turn to grind your pepper
- Maintain Freshness: Keep your favorite ground spices fresh and away from moisture and dust with one of the best peppermill grinders
- Easily Refillable: The clear acrylic shaker body highlights the level of your spice and is easy to refill, simply pull up on the pepper grinder top and refill with your choice of peppercorns
- Lifetime Mechanism Guarantee: Instead of crushing the peppercorns, the Professional Gourmet Precision Mechanism strips them down by their individual layers as it grinds, releasing maximum flavor
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Elegant & Timeless
Cole and Mason Derwent Pepper Mills feature a new precision mechanism for professional seasoning and ultimate flavor.
Professional Seasoning & Ultimate Flavor
Hardened carbon-steel pepper grinding mechanism
Diamond-sharp ceramic salt grinding mechanism.
New durable top design allows you to easily turn and fill the grinder
Conveniently select between 6 precise grinding levels for fine or coarse granules.
Machine cut carbon steel precision mechanism has a smooth and even turn
Lifetime Mechanism Guarantee.
Why Choose Cole & Mason?
- Cole & Mason, part of the DKB Group, has been designing and developing kitchenware from its head office in England for almost a century.
- All products are made with the highest quality materials making them functional, elegant and timeless.
Gourmet Precision Carbon Steel Mechanism
Cole & Mason Derwent Pepper Mills feature a new precision mechanism for professional seasoning and ultimate flavor. Rather than simply crushing the peppercorns, the advanced, machine-cut, hardened carbon steel mechanism instead strips them down by their individual layers as it grinds. As the different flavors within these layers are released they mix together to deliver the fully rounded and intense flavor of the peppercorn.
Up to 6 Adjustable Grind Settings
The Derwent Pepper Mill allows you to conveniently select between 6 precise grinding levels for fine or coarse granules. The Derwent Salt Mill allows for 3 sizing adjustments.
The ability to select from various sizing options makes seasoning your food supremely efficient without sacrificing great flavor.
One Step Refill
Both the Derwent Pepper & Salt mill are amazingly easy to refill. Simply pull up on the top stainless steel section to reach the chamber and pour in your freshly new peppercorns or coarse sea salt.
Compare to similar items
This item COLE & MASON Derwent Pepper Grinder - Stainless Steel Mill Includes Gourmet Precision Mechanism and Premium Peppercorns
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Unicorn/Tom David,Inc.||Amazon.com||MaximumExpertStore||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2.36 x 2.36 x 7.52 in||2.44 x 2.39 x 5.5 in||2.4 x 6.2 x 2.4 in||2.2 x 2.2 x 5.5 in||2 x 8.5 x 2 in||2.75 x 11.25 x 8 in|
|Material Type||Acrylic||Acrylic||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Brass and steel|
The Cole & Mason 7.5 inch Derwent Gourmet Precision Salt and Pepper Mills bring a modern steel style to your table with a sleek acrylic hourglass display. The peppermill uses premium hardened carbon steel millworks to bring user-friendly spice control to your table with six distinct settings, from fine powders to coarsely sliced and ground gourmet chunks. The Derwent pepper grinder is easy to refill by just lifting the top straight up and the grinding mechanism is also guaranteed for life. Style, durability and dependability have been built into every Cole & Mason product since 1919 using the best materials and mechanisms; our products have been well-regarded by professional cooks and homemakers ever since. Count on Cole & Mason to give your table pepper grinder a touch of class!
Top customer reviews
The only reason I am not giving it five stars is b/c the first one was defective. It would never grind as fine as I thought it should, based on the picture included with the mill. I called the company, and they said they'd replace it, if I shipped the other one back first. So I just contacted Amazon, and we had a new one in two days. The new one is absolutely perfect.
I uploaded some photos in the customer images section, so you can see what I mean.
Unfortunately, the top to my salt mill broke on its first turn out of the box. I'll post a photo on Amazon to help explain the defect in my salt mill. The top to the mill is made up of a plastic piece and a metal piece. The plastic piece acts like a lid to a jar or in this case the mill and, when turned, causes the mill to grind the pepper or salt. A stainless steel cover/cap fits over the plastic lid to make it look nice. To prevent the steel cap from merely spinning over the sides of the plastic lid when turned, a tooth is welded inside the steel lid, which is supposed to fit into a notch built into the plastic lid. However, the notch to the plastic lid is rather shallow and the torsion from spinning the mill caused the tooth of the cap to jump out of the notch. So now the notch no longer holds the tooth; and turning the metal cap causes it to spin around the plastic lid rather than causing it to turn the plastic lid and mill. If you look at my photo, you'll also see a point or horn protruding from the top of the plastic lid that tapers to point that is glued or welded to the cap, to prevent the cap from being pulled away from the plastic lid. Unfortunately, since the notch doesn't hold the tooth, the torsion from turning the top caused the glue or welding to separate and now the metal top easily falls off.
I'm sure that this falls within both Amazon's and Cole and Mason's return policies but I think I'm going to choose a refund rather than an exchange. I've seen enough reviewers with broken tops to look to other brands.
Thanks in part to feedback such as this, the mill top design (pictured in this review) was updated in 2014, along with acid etched dots for marking the grind size. Both of these manufacturing improvements are now standard on all Cole & Mason Derwent Mills!
Cole & Mason
- Filling is easy.
- Salt grinder is great.
- Stylish design and good size (tall, stainless, good capacity)
- Indicators fade quickly. Some of the dots started fading right away. After about 1 year, you can no longer see what grinder setting the salt is set to (completely faded). The pepper is faint since we use it less often.
- The pepper doesn't engage on the peppercorns (we have whole black peppercorns from Costco). As I turn the grinder, it feels like only have the time do the teeth bite in and start grinding pepper. Maybe the whole pepper I have is too large in diameter for this to handle, but overall the rate at which pepper comes out is disappointing.
The grinder faces down which is really nice and handy. The partly ground pepper doesn't all out the bottom which is somewhere between amazing and miraculous! This mill is one of those small luxuries in life that are really nice to have.
It is immensely easy to adjust and fill. It is a good size to use for cooking and for table if need be. I've used it on the daily for over a year and it grinds now as the first day I took this baby for a whirl.
It may feel like a hefty price for grinders but it will be worth every single cent.