SONY XPERIA Z1 COMPACT D5503 16GB WHITE FACTORY UNLOCKED International Version No Warranty LTE 4G 3G 2G GSM NEW (2G & 3G 850/900/1700/1900/2100 & 4G LTE 800/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- This phone does not work with Verizon,Sprint or MetroPCS.
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
- This cell phone may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international version phones. Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What is an unlocked phone?
An unlocked phone is a device that is not bound to any carrier or plan. It allows you to choose your phone first and your carrier second. Upon selecting a plan, simply insert the carrier's SIM card into the phone and you're ready to go. If you decide you want to change carriers down the road or want to take an international trip, it's as simple as replacing your existing SIM card with a new SIM and activating your new plan.
What are the benefits of an unlocked phone?
Freedom: Choose the carrier with the best service or price. If you find a better deal later, you have the ability to change to a different carrier.
Travel: Take your phone internationally and use the carrier of your choice. It's as easy as inserting an active SIM card.
Selection: Choose the phone with the features you want, whether or not your carrier sells it, and get more service options without a contract.
How do I set up my unlocked phone?
The first thing you’ll need is a SIM card for your desired carrier. When activated, the SIM card will let your phone connect to your carrier’s network. If you decide to upgrade to a newer unlocked phone in the future, you can easily remove the SIM card from your old phone and put it in your new phone—just make sure you get the right size of SIM card (nano, micro, or standard) for your phone. If you want to use your phone while traveling internationally, you can easily buy a SIM card for a carrier that operates where you’re traveling. As long as it’s activated, you can just swap SIM cards when you arrive at your destination.
Sony Xperia™ Z1 Compact.
Introducing the Sony Xperia™ Z1 Compact – a new class of smartphone. It features high end performance into a smaller body to create a portable powerhouse.Tech specs.
With Sony Xperia™ Z1 Compact’s 2,300mAh battery, it will easily run all day. You get up to 600 hours of standby time, or up to 18 hours of talk time. Driven by a 2.2GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, it's faster than its competitors. The Z1 Compact has a 4.3" HD display that has a sharp pixel density of 342 pixels per inch and is powered by Sony's TRILUMINOS™ and X-Reality technologies. With a 20.7MP camera, you'll also get 16GB of internal storage, expandable by up to 64GB with an external microSD card.Smaller is Better.
Sony’s Xperia™ Z1 Compact takes everything that makes the Xperia™ Z1 fantastic and embraces it into a smaller body. Smaller doesn’t mean slower, however. Its speedy quad core processor will keep all your apps and games running smoothly. There's also an incredible 20.7MP – yes you read correctly, 20.7MP – camera with innovative software that helps you take great photos every time.Stamina.
Smartphones tend to waste a lot of battery even when the display is off. Introducing: STAMINA Mode – it saves your Xperia™ Z1 Compact from wasting unnecessary battery. It knows when you're not using your display and automatically shuts off the stuff you don't need, all while maintaining the wanted notifications. Once you activate the screen, everything is up and running again. So not only do you have a sizeable 2,300mAh battery, Battery STAMINA Mode helps you intelligently maximize every bit of battery.Powerful Lens.
Most smartphones can only boast up to 13 or even 16 MP cameras. The Sony Xperia™ Z1 Compact has the best camera in a smartphone of its size with a whopping 20.7MP Exmor RS™
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Great camera (on the back) quality. Check out the "time-shfit" shots. I also downloaded the "defocus" camera app.
- Speedy phone with lots of ram (2GB) comparing to other phones of similar size. This helps when you play graphical intensive games or doing a lot of multi tasking. Extra ram also gives you faster web browsing.
- Great batter life. At the end of the day like midnight, usually it's around 30% battery level. That's with 1 hour of gaming and another hour of web browsing, texting, talk, etc. I enabled "stamina" mode to achieve this.
- Reliability. Usually web reviews won't or couldn't tell you if the phone is reliable or not.... like phone crashes, LTE went dead (i.e. you get no data when you KNOW for sure you are in a LTE zone), drop calls, screen don't turn on after phone call, GPS drains your battery like hell. With this phone, I only have one LTE went dead scenario but that's when I'm riding a moving subway train.
- Front and back glass design really gives a premium feel, not something cheap. This reminds me of 3rd gen APPL phone.
- Optional expandable 64GB storage
- Waterproof, if you care... there's no headphone plug cover so you don't have to worry about removing the cover every time you listen to music.
- KitKat 4.4 is already out and so far I haven't experience any bugs with this version.
- USB plug cover. You need to remove the cover every time you charge. This is the draw back of waterproof feature. I got around this by buying the docking station. The docking station charging speed meets my expectation... like other phones I had before.
- Speaker quality not so great. If you use a headphone to listen to music, then it's not a big deal. Phone calls (putting on speaker) is good enough for me.
- Front and back glass is vulnerable to scratches.
Well, there you have it. I give it a 5 star because I just want a phone that looks and feels good in the hands, not too thick, battery last 24hrs, and speedy gaming and web browsing experience. And most importantly, reliability! No crash, no drop calls, no audio issues!
Unfortunately, the unit I purchased developed issues after about a month.
I get a system prompt that the "Phone is shutting down due to high temperature".
Similar to this: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/17003iA00BBC0C7E6E7B38/
This happens even with minimal usage. I had assumed it was due to running intensive apps.
I have tried everything, from uninstalling apps, factory resetting, turning of wi-fi and data, downgrading the OS, installing a custom ROM - nothing seems to work.
I took it to a Sony re-seller, and after a check-up, they concluded that the motherboard had issues.
Unfortunately, the phone has no warranty. I had hoped it was a software issue.
It will cost me about $200 to get it fixed.
Its is now basically unusable.
Sleek design, small and comfortable to handle
Easy to navigate OS
Faulty charging port (I had to use the magnetic side port as the other completely failed on me)
Temperamental OS (apps quit and open and just behave sporadically)
Faulty volume rocker/power button (KNOWN PROBLEM - makes it very difficult to operate the device as the screen blacks out and flickers and jumps around and whatever else, all uncontrollably)
The final straw was when the phone took a short fall (about one foot) from a TV stand, and was completely dead after that. Mind you, it suffered no cracked glass, no dented frame, screen, or anything else. It still LOOKS like new, but this small bump was enough to jar it to death.
Spend money elsewhere and you will be doing yourself a favor. I expected better quality from Sony.
Most recent customer reviews
Now having serious problems with the battery. It was a great phone but I'm disappointed with how quickly a major problem has developed.Read more