Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ62-219WM LAPTOP LCD SCREEN 15.6" WXGA HD LED DIODE (SUBSTITUTE REPLACEMENT LCD SCREEN ONLY. NOT A LAPTOP )
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on July 24, 2012
The shipping was fast and the screen fit. It was about a 2 hour process for someone who is not a complete amateur to install so those with less then stellar tech skills may think twice about picking this as a DIY project. In the end it was a cheap fix as opposed to replacing the entire laptop.

**update** I just received the 3rd of these that I have purchased. The last one I received had what I would consider significant "dimpling" on the screen surface---about 6 to 10 dimples scattered around. After much deliberation it was decided to go ahead and install the screen. For our purposes it was deemed acceptable, but not all users may be happy to find their replacement screen marred like this one was.
on August 8, 2014
Who would have thought that repairing a broken laptop screen could be this simple and inexpensive?

When my nephew cracked the screen on his laptop, I figured he was going to have to replace the whole thing. I was very surprised to find a new screen available from Amazon, and at such a low price.

I had never replaced one on this model before, and it wasn't immediately obvious how to do it. From the looks of it, I was afraid that I was going to have to completely disassemble the laptop. As it turned out, I was able to find a video tutorial on YouTube that walked me right through the process.

All in all, it took me less than 20 minutes to replace the screen. Totally worth the effort!
on April 8, 2013
Over a year later the screen is still going strong. Took just under 2 hours to replace and all the pre-drilled holes lined up perfectly. Keep your laptop and save money on the repair by doing it yourself. If you have a background in fixing electronics and a careful hand, this repair should be easy enough.
on January 19, 2013
The screen did exactly what I expected and hoped it would. It fit the laptop perfectly and seemed sturdy. There are good install videos on youtube (you will need it) and had the screen replaced in about 20 minutes.
on March 3, 2011
I replaced the screen using a manual i downloaded online, had no problems, it fit perfectly and works perfectly. Thanks!
on August 27, 2013
Item came next day! I am not familiar with computer parts so the detailed description was perfect for helping me find what I was looking for. I had a friend install if for me and did so without any trouble. Will come back if need any future parts!
on June 12, 2014
At first a was a little bit worried because there was a green spot in the middle of the screen(which i assume was one of the pixels not working correctly) and the contrast seemed impossibly high(i could not do any adjustments to fix this). After about two weeks of use both of these problems went away. Now it works and looks fantastic with the High Def movies and games i run.
on May 9, 2014
I Bought this screen to replace my cracked one. It arrived quickly. The only problem i have with this screen is if you look very closely you can see tiny lines running down the screen. It doesn't bother me because they are very tiny.
on April 21, 2013
I didn't buy this for my personal use. I got it for a customer who knocked their laptop off a table. It was packed impeccably and after doing a full 24 hour test I didn't have any dead pixels. In fact the replacement visibly appeared to be brighter and crisper than the original. The customer was satisfied with my job and I'm satisfied with the LCD. If this changes I'll keep you posted.

Andre Douglas
on September 19, 2011
It is exactly as described. Fit well, and even though it is a generic screen, you can hardly tell. All pixels are brightly lit, and accurate. Reszolution is correct, and all seems well with this screen. No issues, no complaints! 5 stars.