Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CONVECTION OVEN (Salton/Toastmaster TCOV6R)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on February 13, 2008
This is the perfect oven for me. I have to cook from a wheelchair. The door opens from the side so I don't have to reach over a hot door. The door also comes off easily for cleaning. The door coming off also makes the unit lighter to move around. This is the new model and has some improvements. My old one did not have a light or convection or rotisseri. I had my old one for 25 years and was very glad to find that Toastmaster still makes them. The new one has an extension in the back so you can use 12 inch round pans such as a pizza pan. I bake and broil everything in this oven. It works great. Of course it is too small for a very large turkey but you will be surpirsed what you can fit into it. It is very nice looking. The exterior is all stainless steel and very well made. I don't think you will be disappointed with this oven.
on December 18, 2007
This is a great little oven for anyone who is short on space and money. It is definitely an oven and NOT a toaster oven. I've tried. In the past four months the Toastmaster Convection Oven has handled everything I've thrown at it. The largest pan I've used in it is a 9x13" and even my 10 1/2" cast iron skillet fits in there (though barely). The oven has three different levels for the adjustable racks and pans that come with it. The oven is designed with a small bulge (about 2" deep) in the back so the pizza pan can fit in. Although convection ovens often cook faster than conventional ones I've never had to reduce my cooking times with this oven. You'll need an oven thermometer since there is no ready indicator. My only real complaint is that the oven tends to cook a bit unevenly, but not horribly so - one rotation halfway through is usually enough.

Edited to add: Three more months of baking everything from homemade croissants to dense banana bread, from heating frozen pizzas to finishing off pan-fried steaks, this oven was still going strong when I moved to a larger apartment with a full oven and sold this one.
on November 11, 2013
I had one of these before for about 15 years, when if finally gave up the ghost. I purchased another. My kitchen is so small I don't have a stove opted for more counter space and it's the only oven I have, so it's used all the time. Works great, I'd be lost without it.
on December 11, 2008
I've had this for about two months, and while it gets the job done, it's not exactly ideal.

It does cook as required in terms of bake and broil modes with french fries, egg rolls, fish, and steak. I have not used it for a lengthy broil session (such as using the rotisserie feature).

However, the enclosed owner's manual has several blank (unprinted) pages throughout. The internal light bulb went out almost immediately after I began using it (it blinks on briefly sometimes when the oven door is closed), and - the most annoying characteristic - the convection fan makes a loud rattling sound for several minutes when the oven is turned on (and often briefly when the door is opened or closed during cooking), as if the fan is misaligned.

My old Toastmaster oven (which lasted for years and years) had a nice feature, which was a preheat light that turned off when the oven had reached the desired preheat temperature, which this one does not have.

It works, but it's noisy and not very well made.
on July 11, 2009
I bought this appliance last year and have had no problem with it. Until last night when I was broiling some Italian sausages, suddenly the door exploded sending red hot shards of glass all over my countertop, and bouncing off onto the floor. After most of the glass falls out the frame collapses into pieces. Two other reviews report the same problem, so I don't think I will even be bothering to try and find a replacement door. It's a hazardous product and I will NEVER buy anything from Toastmaster again. I noticed on the back of my oven that it was "made in China" Can we add this company to our ever growing list of garbage from China?????
on June 16, 2006
It did a very nice job until the front door exploded while roasting a chicken (completely within the specs provided by the instruction booklet). Spewed hot glass across the kitchen. I'd never buy one again. Toastmaster Risk Management (to which you are referred immediately, hmmmm.) is extremely unpleasant to deal with.
on October 8, 2008
After broiling three buns for less than 5 minutes the door exploded. The oven had been off for about three minutes when the entire door shattered into a million pieces.

I found (searching the internet) that this has been a problem for years and they have done nothing to correct or to inform the consumer.
on October 14, 2009
First time it was used I was cooking a casserole. In about 15 minutes I heard a boom and the glass door had shattered into a thousand pieces all over the floor. The warranty division is sending a new one, but afraid to use it. Maybe I can make a door out of a piece of aluminum. Bad deal at any price.
on March 31, 2011
We have bought 5 of these ovens for the past 35 years. We have them in our homes & travel trailer. A 9x13" cake pan fits easily into it and we even bake cookies & breads in it. It takes less enegery than a normal size oven AND does not radiate as much heat. We put it in our attached outside garage during the summer for easy accessibility from our sundecks.
on February 13, 2013
I have had this convection oven for a long time. It still works perfect. It is my second oven when I need one. I would recomend it to any one who needs a second oven.