CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Season 3
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Per Episode||Buy Season|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The 23 episodes of season 3 on this five-disc set present more deliciously bizarre situations for the problem-solving sleuths: cannibalism, snuff movies, dwarfs, death while drag racing, bodies falling from the sky, and various dismemberments all tax the team's acumen. These are all double or multiple-case episodes, though in a characteristic trick of the writing sometimes apparently unrelated murders turn out to be connected (or vice versa, as in "Blood Lust," in which a road-accident victim is not what he seems, and the death of the driver at the hands of an angry mob is made all the more tragic). The mix of genuine forensic science with the glossiest Jerry Bruckheimer production values, plus the virtues of a good ensemble cast headed by William Peterson's modern-day Sherlock Holmes, remains as compelling as ever. --Mark Walker
- Audio Commentary
Top Customer Reviews
=>23 Uncut episodes
=>over five hours of special features.
Audio commentary with cast and crew on Episodes:
"Revenge Is Best Served Cold"
"The Accused Is Entitled"
"Random Acts of Violence"
"Lady Heather's Box"
5 Exclusive Featurettes:
The CSI Tour: Police Station
The CSI Shot: Making It Real
The Writers Room
CSI Moves Into Season Three
Crime Scene Field Kit
Here is an episode guide, with a tiny description:
1. Revenge Is Best Served Cold: A poker player dies during a high-stakes game. A dragster is found dead at an airstrip.
2. The Accused Is Entitled: An actor is suspected of killing a hooker found in his hotel room. His lawyer hires Grissom's former mentor to find mistakes in CSI's work.
3. Let The Seller Beware: A wealthy couple's bodies are found at their home. Sara investigates the death of a cheeleader whose organs have been removed.
4. A Little Murder: A dwarf is found hanging at a Little People's convention. Catherine is attacked at a crime scene.
5. Abra Cadaver: A volunteer disappears during a magic act. A rock star appears to have overdosed.
6. The Execution Of Catherine Willows: A man on death row is granted a stay based on DNA evidence.
7. Fight Night: A boxing champ dies during a match. A gang member is shot. A jewelry store is robbed.
8. Snuff: A movies shows a woman being murdered. A long-dead body is found.
9.Read more ›
I enjoyed the third season as much at the first two. I loved the ending which left you wondering about how Grissom's surgery would turn out and if Sara and Grissom would get together or not.
What I also appreciate is the fact that while they give us intresting tastes of the lives of the CSI personel the do not let it get in the way of the mysteries. I used to watch "Judging Amy" but after a while it switched from being about cases to being about Amy's crazy family life and in my oppinion just another soap opera. I appreciate that the CSI people have kept a good focus on the mystery part of the show.
*Episode 302: "Revenge is Best Served Cold"
**Episode 301: "The Accused is Entitled"
Episode 303: "Let the Seller Beware"
Episode 304: "A Little Murder"
Episode 306: "Abra Cadaver"
Episode 305: "The Execution of Catherine Willows"
***Episode 307: "Fright Night" (Emmy Award Winning Episode)
^Episode 308: "Snuff"
Episode 309: "Blood Lust"
Episode 310: "High and Low"
Episode 311: "Recipe For Murder"
Episode 312: "Got Murder?"
+Episode 313: "Random Acts of Violence"
Episode 314: "One Hit Wonder"
~Episode 315: "Lady Heather's Box"
Episode 316: "Lucky Strike"
Episode 317: "Crash and Burn"
Episode 318: "Precious Metal"
Episode 319: "A Night At The Movies"
Episode 320: "Last Laugh"
Episode 321: "Forever"
Episode 322: "Play With Fire"
Episode 323: "Inside The Box"
*- Featuring audio commentary by Danny Cannon and Anthony E.Read more ›
Even though C.S.I. had two plotlines that never worked in season three (Grissom's hearing loss, and Sara lusting over Grissom), this season contains some of the best C.S.I.'s yet. When the personal lives of the C.S.I's combine with the cases they are working on, you get some of the best acting out of this distinguished group of actors. The plotline of Eddie Willows' death, and how it effects Catherine is probably one of the most gripping ones of the season. Also, when Warrick puts his personal feelings for the victim, someone's daughter from his past, ahead of his criminalistic objectivity we see how fragile he really is.
In most every C.S.I. episode, there is an "A" story and a "B" story. At times, you wish that the C.S.I. writers would use only one story at a time, as it could get confusing. But other then that, I cannot find any horrific flaws.
Jerry Bruckheimer continues his reign as the modern day Jack Webb with his series "Cold Case", and "Without a Trace". The C.S.I. Miami and now New York series are watering down the name, but Bruckheimer continues to turn out hit after hit. Go with this C.S.I. season for a great DVD set.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love the show, but the DVD'S are horrible. Every single episode has parts of it that skip. 3 on disc one skip towards the end of the show right before they find out who murdered... Read morePublished 9 days ago by rose
All CSI episode's are great!!! If you love the series, then you can't go wrong with all of the seasons. I enjoy them all equally.Published 1 month ago by Samantha
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV