Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Over the past few years, I have been collecting the entire “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” series on DVD, and over the past few months, I’ve been watching each season in the order they were broadcast. Recently, I finished Season 11. While I thought it was very good, I don’t think it was quite as stellar as previous seasons.

Most of Season 11 revolves around the confrontation between CSI-2 Ray Langston (Laurence Fishburne) and the “Dick-and-Jane” serial killer Nate Haskell. Haskell is a notorious psychopath responsible for at least 18 grisly murders, and possibly more. He escapes from captivity at one point, forcing a major manhunt by the Las Vegas Police and other law enforcement agencies. I won’t give away how (or even whether) the manhunt ends, but suffice it to say the episodes involving the Haskell-Langston confrontation are suspenseful, tense, and very well written and acted.

Other episodes are very good as well, especially “The Two Mrs. Grissoms,” which brings Sara Sidle (Gil Grissom’s spouse) into conflict with Gil Grissom’s mother during the investigation of a murder on a college campus for the hearing impaired. Other outstanding episodes include “418/427,” about the murder of and FBI agent’s wife and the kidnapping of his children; and “Sqweegel,” about a killer who leaves no evidence behind when he murders people with secrets to hide.

I found some episodes in Season 11 that were not quite so enjoyable. They include “Blood Moon,” about a killing at a convention of vampires and werewolves; and “A Kiss Before Frying,” about a series of electrocutions that may be linked to an old Las Vegas murder, while Greg Sanders falls for a mysterious woman who visits the lab. These episodes I felt had contrived plots and lacked interest.

Overall, “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” Season 11 was good, but not great. It certainly is a worthwhile addition to any DVD collection. Recommended.
One person found this helpful
on January 20, 2018
Top of the heap episodes. Brilliantly watchable! It's also the first season CBS has deigned to include actual subtitles on the disks (they only had the old school "CC - Closed Caption" in previous seasons, and despite what anyone might tell you, those simply do not play FROM DISK on the newer HD TVs - at least my Sony and my Samsung Ultra.

One caveat - I personally detest the Nate Haskell story line. Maybe it's just me, but even as a child I have resisted the narrative device of a super-villain. A bad guy no one can ever stop, who keeps coming back book after book (Sherlock Holmes' nemesis, Moriarty), movie after movie, TV episodes week after week, year after year, and in Batman and Superman comics. Even at age 7 I knew that no matter what the hero did, the bad guy would return. That always felt incredibly stupid to me, erasing whatever cool hero stuff was done. A very lazy way of trying for intense drama.

So with my personal idiosyncratic aversion to stupid 2-Dimensional, immortal super villains aside, Season Eleven has some really interesting and engaging stories - far beyond the pale. I just skip the 4 episodes with the creepy Nate Haskell character, and I am still immersed in 18 SUPERIOR TV shows!
on July 20, 2017
Have always loved this show. I bough all the seasons and will have a nice CSI marathon real soon. I missed Gil a lot but Danson filled in well. I never did understand Fishburne's character and how it added to the mix. He's awesome but it felt that his part never fleshed out. The stories always were fascinating even after so many years. I think it ended appropriately. Just buy it, sit down for the long haul, and enjoy.
One person found this helpful
on March 17, 2013
This season picks up from season 10's cliff hanger. I would say the last 3 seasons would be referred as the Nate Haskell/Dick & Jane saga. The only downside to this season is it continues into the 12th season, but it closes the DIck and Jane killer story.

Some featured episodes that stood out to me were:
-'Sqweegel' was about a forensic-proof serial killer. This could have easily been into a CSI movie due to how original and detailel it was in the series.

-'House of Hoarders' only because I know the rise in interest with viewers with shows like Hoarders: Buried Alive or Animal Hoarders.

-'The Two Mrs. Grissoms' was a different way of solving crimes when Sara going to a scholarship foundation for the deaf when a car bomb goes off.

-'Unleashed" which involves a woman getting mauled by a mountain lion and another case with a pregnant 17 year old who is harassed by cyberbullying.

-The last three episodes are back-to-back in a cat and mouse game between Dr. Ray Langston and Nate Haskell.

Some recurring or guest appearances in this season is Justin Bieber (2 appearances), Dita Von Teese (1 episode), Gil Grissom makes 1 appearance as well as Lady Heather.

Overall this is a very structured season and it is sad that it comes to a conclusion.
2 people found this helpful
on November 2, 2011
I own every season of CSI. One of the things I look forward to every year is the extras and deleted scenes. The interviews with the series' stars and showrunners are treasure troves of information, and it's fun to hear the actors' perspectives on various aspects of the season just completed. However, I was a little disappointed with the actor interviews for season 11, because there were no interviews with Laurence Fishburne. I would've really liked to hear his views on the whole Nate Haskell storyline and the dark depths of his character, Dr. Ray Langston. Other than that, the special features in this season 11 set were very enjoyable. The one about "Walking with Dinousaur" was especially delightful, but the one about Sqweegel is not for squeamish! The writers talked about how they came up with some of the stories. But the best of the special features was the actors talking about the evolution of their characters and how they've changed and grown over the years. If you love CSI in all of it incarnations (like I do!), you will not be disappointed.
7 people found this helpful
on August 17, 2013
The packaging was a little dinged when it arrived and some of the DVD's had fallen out of their holding. But the disks themselves seemed to be fine. That said, if you've followed CSI throughout the years and are now considering getting your hands on the this season......I'm sorry to say that it's starting to go down hill. But if you're a fan like I am, saying this probably won't get you to stop buying them, so long as your favorite characters are still in the game. For me, it's Nick and Greg. So long as those two remain, so too shall I.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 8, 2013
The above is MY opinion, but I really like this one best. I can't tell you all the reasons in this small space, but I can tell you that some of Laurence Fishburne's FINEST performances are here. So are those of the long-standing characters: Nick (my favorite); Sara (Grissom!); Catherine; Capt. Brass (another fave...he can be a wonderful, understated comedian!); Doc; Hodges; and so on. They are all PERFECT in their roles. This 11th Season is rather dark and dramatic but it's great.
on May 6, 2017
great show for a great buy. my collection is complete!!! highly recommend to anybody who is a fan of this show
on January 23, 2018
Got it on time and was excited to start watching!!
on May 28, 2014
While I really enjoyed the Gil Grissom character, I found that I actually preferred Lawrence Fishburne's character. He seemed so much more a team player than Grissom did. He did things and interacted with the team much more than Grissom. Now of course we have Ted Danson and I am getting used to his character too.