Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 97 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 105 reviews
on June 29, 2013
Loved it! The movie arrived as scheduled an in excellent condition...An the team were on point! The only problem I had was the first disc last episode wanted to "pixalate" some but after a little bit, it straightened out an the rest of the discs played great.... after watching it, I decided to buy the sixth season an see where that takes us! I watched it on tv, so I feel as though I'm watching family an some of the episodes I didn't see so this is a treat.....a good addition to my library, Highly recommended!
on March 4, 2017
we are Gary Sinise fans
on June 15, 2017
im a csi junkie....love collecting these series
on August 15, 2017
This item was as expected.
on July 18, 2017
Great series
on May 14, 2017
great
on October 10, 2009
I've just purchased CSI NY season 5, and I am thrilled. Each season's episodes of the show get better & better. The quality of the scripts and the great actors are what make a dvd set for me. Like most people, I really don't care whether there are Bonus Features or Special features. Sure, they're nice to have, but I don't buy a dvd for that! I love this show more & more each year & I guess most tv viewers agree with me, because this show is in the top 20 in ratings every week!!! Keep them coming!!!
Killers using avatars to lure people to their doom. A runner shows up at a firesale on wedding dresses and ends up dead from a simple push. A Nazi selling family heirlooms from the Holocaust. The fifth season of CSI:NY continued to have fascinating, challenging stories and changes that would effect the characters personally. This remains my favorite of the "CSI" shows (I dislike the overwrought "CSI: Miami" compared to the more down-to-Earth "CSI: NY" but that's me. When David Caruso takes off his sunglasses and throws out those snappy one-liners it reminds me of a bad Shatner moment).

We have a crew of great guest stars including Ed Asner in an uncharacteristic role (at least this late in his career although he might have played this type of role earlier in his career before "Mary Tyler Moore" and "Lou Grant"--which by the way where IS "Lou Grant" on DVD?).

The fifth season looks quite good although there is a noticeable video noise on a number of episodes but, not a surprise, given that there are four episodes on eath DVD. The one issue I have with the fifth season is the lack of commentary tracks. I realize it doesn't matter to everyone but when I watch an episode for a second or third time I like to hear the behind-the-scenes drama/issues that the production crew have.

We get a number of solid extras here which fans will enjoy but I hope that Paramount/CBS will resume including commentary tracks for the next season.
on October 12, 2016
From all CSI series NY is my favorite. none of the seasons I have purchased have disappointed me.
on December 2, 2009
CSI-NY is still getting better, is still somewhat "too analytical" on occasion, but has the best cast of characters of all the CSI's. A big improvement on the characters and their interactions on a personal level, and the camerawork make these moments heartfelt. CSI-NY goes over the top on lab technology, probably envied by the Vegas and Miami lab rats who are lagging behind slightly on acquiring the latest space age equipment! Plus, the city is always in motion, adding to the excitement of the weekly dramas.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse