Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CVS 4-in-1 Heart Rate Monitor/ Pedometer & step counter/ Calorie Counter/Digital Watch with Chronographer - Medium
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on July 20, 2013
Quick Summery:

1) FAST Shipping!
2) Not as described, so I returned it. <====================
3) Excellent service and return policy.

So, despite my disappointment with the product it'self, I am still giving this a 3 star review, based entirely on how I was treated. (It'd have been a 5 star review if it did what I needed it to do.)

Review:

Shipping:
Fast Shipping! It Got to me faster than a FiTurbo I ordered via Amazon's 2 day Prime shipping service. (Check out my review for it before you buy a FiTurbo.) Dumbly ordered watch early Thursday morning (12:30 AM) on the 4th of July! It arrived Monday ANYWAY!

The Product:
The description was misleading, by saying that the sensors are "close to your skin", they imply that it is reading your pulse all the time. It is NOT. To get your pulse, you must touch the metal around the watch face. One finger above, and one finger below. Do NOT order this watch if you want it to record your heart-rate over time, or alert you of exceeding a maximum, or falling below a minimum, or to use it DURING an exercise. The fact that you wear it on one arm, and use the other so that you can pinch the face, makes checking your pulse a TWO HANDED EXERCIZE. If you are on any exercise equipment, this means taking both hands off of any stabilizing hand-holds, and may cause you to fall and injure yourself. Also, if you are walking, jogging, or running outside, using this watch to check your current heart-rate will cause you to bring both hands forward of your body, putting you off balance at the same time your attention is fixed on the contents of the watch, making an even more dangerous fall (onto cement, rocks, broken glass, etc.) possible. And if you stop your exercise in order to read your heart rate, you've stopped, lowering your heart-rate, breaking your stride, your concentration, and your "zone".

Truth be told, I don't think that KS BEST DEALS is even responsible for the misleading description, as the "close to your skin" bit was right off the box. Probably the reason that CVS Pharmacy chain got rid of them.

Oh, also, despite being male, I've got spindly little woman's wrists, and I STILL had to use the 2nd to last hole on the strap. (And it's STILL too tight, while the next hole is too loose!) So to anyone with large wrists, THIS WATCH WILL NOT FIT YOU! This explains claims that the strap broke, or came off right away. And don't think that you can just swap it for a larger strap. It's fixed to the watch, not by the standard two tiny spring-loaded pins, but by 4 separate screws. The band creates a cup around the watch, so the screws go into the sides of this cup and into the watch. I can think of no simple way of affixing it to a normal watchband.

The service:
So, I felt mislead, demanded a refund, and got it!

In fact, they REFUNDED THE SHIPPING COSTS too! Not a small thing either, since the shipping was twice the price of the watch.

They even, at my request, checked to see if they were selling anything similar that I could simply exchange it for. They did not, but they tried, and that's what counts.

The whole interaction was quite pleasant, something that is not always the case with resellers.

Would I recommend this seller, KC BEST DEALS, to a friend? ABSOLUTELY!
Would I recommend this product to a friend? As long as they know what it does, and does not do, sure. It seemed decent, though I never heavily tested it after finding it doesn't do what I need.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, is that when I got sweaty the heart monitor would start switching itself on and off, causing it to constantly beep. Very annoying, and I can't imagine that it did anything good for the accuracy of the monitor.
on February 5, 2014
This produce is a great one. I like that it has so many features. I can wear it anywhere and no one would know it's a heart rate monitor and all these other things. I have been using this product for a month now and have not had any complaints. So I would recommend this product to anyone.
on May 22, 2014
The heartrate monitor doesn't seem reliable. Sometimes it takes several attempts for it to work.
Asthetically the metal makes it look kind of nice for an inexpensive watch.

I mainly wanted it for the pedometer though, to be able to leave it on all day and then at the end of the day know how many steps I walked. But the pedometer turns off by itself when it shouldn't, and you only get like one hour worth of steps before you noticed it's turned off and you have to turn it on again.
I checked the settings, and it doesn't say it will go off automatically, so either I have a faulty version or they are all just poor quality...

For a plain waterproof watch it's fine. For the accessories it's not as awesome as you expect. A let down for me.
on July 9, 2015
I did not buy this for a sports watch. I have an irregular heart beat and I use it to monitor that. I don't count steps with it. My complaint is about the problems I have setting it. You are instructed to hold down the mode button for three seconds. Sometimes that works and other times it just operates normally and moves you to the next mode. I had to try over several times to get it to let me change the time, the high and low settings. I don't use the alarm set either. This is the third one I have had as a change of battery did not work for the first one to die, so I just bought a new one to replace it. They come in two sizes, larger for a man. I was not aware of this until I accidentally purchased the larger size because it did not specify that there are two sizes.
on October 27, 2015
Very small and light weight. Had to pierce an extra hole in the band, but this isn't the first time I've done that. All the functions work very well. I've had a few of these heart monitor watches, and this one is the cheapest yet, and works at least as well as any of them. Most of them tend to lose the heart rate function over time, and this one seems to be losing it, but it still works some of the time. It works at rest now most of the time, and doesn't work most of the time when I'm walking or running. I would buy this watch again, unless it stopped working before Christmas.
on February 13, 2014
I purchased the monitor for my wellness program and I am please with it. It does everything it says it will do. Great Product Great Price.
on June 28, 2013
The only issue I have with this is that it beeps incessantly throughout the day. I don't know if its because it expects to be worn all day or if I'm supposed to press something so that it is not constantly trying to check for a pulse. I only wear during workouts.
on August 19, 2013
I used this several times. The step counter and the heart rate is accurate. But the miles and calories are not that accurate. My step measure is around 15 inches My route is 5 miles according to my car millage measure . but when I walked/jog the 5 miles, the watch just marked 1.97 miles. I had to changed my step measure to 27" (that is not my real measure to get in the watch the 5 miles and the calorie burned that I did for real. But the watch is easy to use and comfortable. In the overall I still like it and the price is very good.
on August 30, 2013
I needed a heart rate monitor that wouldn't break the bank. Figured I couldn't go wrong at this price. The heart rate monitor is kinda iffy it seems, and definitely requires all 3 points of contact (wrist, 2 fingers) to even come close to reliably giving a good reading, but it does seem to work.

Works fine as a watch/calendar too, so I might even take this when I go out hiking/camping where I lose cell reception. Haven't mucked with the pedometer much but it seems to work great from the limited test I gave it.

Overall, don't expect a magical 14 dollar perfect heart rate monitor, but I guess it works. I didn't expect better quality for the price I paid at least.
on April 14, 2014
Everything but the shipment date was wrong. I chose a pink one and it came in grey. It stops counting steps if you don't walk for 15 minutes. The heart monitor wont read half of the time.. but hey. at least it was cheap...