CW-X Women's Pro Running Tights
|Price:||$57.80 - $197.15|
- 80% Polyester/20% Polyurethane
- Our patented support web provides excellent muscle support for hip, quadriceps, hamstring and calf
- The support web provides knee and hip joint support
- Supports the gluteus Maximus: the support web helps to reduce fatigue and increase power
- Coolmax fabric moves moisture away from the skin for added comfort
- Flat seam construction
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Pro tight is a premium muscle support garment. The support web offers targeted support to major muscle groups, knees and hips. We added reflective logos for safety. This Pro tight is aimed at the runner who demands top performance.
The CW-X Pro Tights unite the major joints of the leg to offer optimum muscular support for activities with linear movement, such as running and Nordic skiing. The patented Support Web brings the hips, knees and ankles into proper alignment, reducing impact and load to the legs. The Support Web also creates a suspension system for the hamstrings and quadriceps, reducing workload in both the pull and push phase of the running motion. Combined with targeted variable compression to increase circulation and reduce fatigue, your muscles don't have to work as hard over time and your legs will feel fresher.
The flat seam construction eliminates abrasions, increases comfort, and enhances fit. Other features include reflective logo for extra visibility at night, a key pocket, and double-reinforced waistband with flat-draw cord.
The patented CW-X Support Web technology mimics kinesiology-taping techniques that trainers apply to injured muscles. When this technology is applied to muscles and joints it creates an exoskeletal support system that improves biomechanics during motion. The CW-X Support Web provides Targeted Support to key areas, decreasing muscle oscillation and focusing power so your muscles work more efficiently. Variable compression along the web facilitates circulation, minimizing lactic acid build-up and muscle soreness, so you can be active longer and recover faster.
Top Customer Reviews
As for the size, I wear size 2 (short length) pants usually. With letter sizing, I buy S but lately some size S pants are made bigger (vanity sizing?) so I'm more like in between XS and S. I have these compression tights in an S and it fits perfectly (tight like it should be and not too tight). I would not even think of trying an XS in these.The waistline is really high and I was folding the waistband down once to feel it right at first, but then I realized if I keep it all the way up, I can tuck in my soft mommy-belly and love handles so now I wear it all the way up! I'm short (only 5'1") and usually full length tights are too long on me but these come only to my ankles.
I know one of the reviews said these are insulator tights but I just got the regular one by ordering on this page. And the picture looks gray and black but it is all black (ordered black/black).
- Sizing: I'm 5'7", 135 lbs, and have the thighs and butt of a cyclist, and ordered a small. On the size chart I was in a grey area, and probably could have gone either way. However, since these are compression pants they're supposed to do just that - compress! They looked small when I got them, but once they were on they felt perfect. If you want the benefits compression offers, then go with the size on the size chart. Or you could size up, but that pretty much makes them pointless expensive leggings. They take a little effort to put on, but it's not a monumental task by any means, and unless you have a very different body type you should be able to fit into these just fine if you go by the size chart. They're comfy when they're on too - snug, but they don't feel like they're trying to strangle my legs or anything. Really, the only caveat that I have is that the small are a little short on me, but since the weather where I live and run doesn't ever get below freezing, it's no problem for me.
- Color: In the photo, these look black and grey. They're actually black and black. The more you know.
- Performance: I run a lot, and have tried a lot of different types of running gear over the years. These work really nicely in terms of keeping everything lined up and in place while running (think whole body KT-tape). I was still able to move and be flexible while wearing these, but I felt a lot better overall after my race, and noticed that the following day I wasn't as sore as I usually am. For running they're great, and I imagine they'd be fine for weightlifting or other similar exercises - I won't swap them for my cycling tights if I'm on the bike just yet though.
- Quality: Lastly, these are well made. As long as you don't pull them on with crazy long death fingernails, sit around on sandpaper, or put them in the dryer, they should last a long time. I've had other CW-X products before that all had a long life compared to other workout gear that I've tried, so you definitely get your money's worth there.
And, they make your butt look great. Who doesn't want that?
They hold me in and reduce fatigue -- there's definitely a difference when wearing these vs. wearing standard non-compression tights or leggings. When I wear non-compression clothing I tire more quickly and stay sore longer after a work-out. With the black on black motif they look sleek and don't have the tacky colors typical of women's athletic wear. Need I mention the form factor -- these tights are very flattering and will make your cute little booty look even better!
Sizing is accurate. At 5'7" with a medium build, I'm on the higher end of small and the lower end of medium per the CW-X size chart. Tried both S and M; the small fit best. The medium was easier to pull on but wasn't supportive enough. A tall version with an extra 1-2 inches in the inseam length would be better as I have a shorter than usual torso and longer legs. Like another reviewer wrote, these require some patience to put on but they're meant to be compressive, so don't size up. The mid-rise and drawstring help keep everything in place better than the low-rise tights other brands offer. <<Note to CW-X: please make a tall version with a longer inseam.>>
These tights are well made and last a long time with proper care. Obvious point but it bears repeating: Definitely wash cold (in a lingerie bag to prevent damage if machine washing) and hang dry. Do not machine dry them or you'll ruin the compression! Been in a hurry before and threw a pair in the dryer. Even on low heat the tights were ruined and had to be relegated to lounge wear. Now I'm back to replace them. Also, oil and lotion degrade lycra so don't moisturize when wearing these.
Really wish CW-X would offer a long compression tight with a built-in chamois for cycling. I prefer full-length tights and dislike capri tights/bike shorts. The only long compression cycle tights that I've found to be decent are the 2XU WC2030b but the rise is lower on those. The low rise is flattering when paired with a cropped top but not so good when bent over a bike. <<Note to CW-X: please make a long compression tight for cycling!>>