Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 27, 2016
Great book for 10 year old and now 8 year old is reading it. Not sure if it's a 4 star or 5 star but either way it's a good read and keeps our kids interested and entertained. When my 10 year old forgets the timer is on and keeps reading it's a pretty good book. We have several of this series and they all are good.
15 people found this helpful
on September 7, 2016
My son and I are big Wimpy Kid fans. He is 7 and got his first 4 "wimpy kid" book through a friend. I now have bought 4 other "wimpy kids", (hardcover), my son had one paperback( that was a no,no). Any who These books have been our bed time reading for the past 6 months. I enjoy reading it to him, sometimes finishing a book in 3 days. I has also helped him to be an excelerated reader because of the pictures, plot(typical silly boy stuff), he enjoys reading them during his free reading time. I think he has reread some, he also got a hold to my phone to order another wimpy kid book.
10 people found this helpful
on July 5, 2015
When my son started the 2nd grade he hated having to read and saw it as nothing more than a chore and it was a fight to get him to do it. When seeing the books they were reading, I could completely understand why. I made various attempts to show him reading was fun and still it was just a chore to him and he'd constantly act like he couldn't read as well as he could to get out of having to read... until I started buying him the Diary of a wimpy kid series. He now has a greater love for reading and understanding that it can be fun and enjoyable. He went from complaining every time he had to read for class to being happy to do so and reads proficiently above grade level. He also likes discussing the books with me and telling me about what is happening. He is always very eager to get the next book in the series (and I have found amazon to have great prices on them) and has a very great sense of accomplishment when he finishes each book. The fact that this series has given my son joy in reading has been invaluable.
7 people found this helpful
on September 6, 2016
My daughter for some reason loves to read the entire series in this book. I have browsed some of the pages and it seems to be interesting and funny. She has no problems in reading and rereading the books. The lexicon (vocabulary/content) seems to be limited, which is a disappointment, since I would like for her to gain from the books that she has read, so that she can be a more creative writer and I have pointed this out to her, but she seems to be hooked.
3 people found this helpful
on November 14, 2013
The concept behind this book and plush toy is simple and effective. The Bee Good Fairy watches your child from its cozy little jar and when your child portrays good behavior the Bee Good Fairy flies away for a while, comes back and leaves a reward in your child's shoe.

Of course, it is you who leaves the gift, so you decide what constitutes good behavior and you reinforce it when you see it. It is a fun way to reward your child for being good as he or she develops positive character traits that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.

While the cost of the book and toy may at first seem high, it isn't if you consider what you get. The author took great steps to assure the book is of the highest quality and that the very cute plush toy in its plastic jar home are fun and safe. The combination of the two makes for a unique gift.

The Bee Good Fairy arrives in the Spring and that's when the fun starts. The author encourages you to take the Good Bee Fairy on car rides, to the playground and even to the classroom, where good behaviors can be observed. While the Bee Good Fairy is away, children can use the jar to collect fireflies. All in all this is a fun and educational book for any family. I look forward to my grandchildren's next visit so we can put the Bee Good Fairy to work!
|0Comment|Report abuse
My eleven year old son loves the entire Wimpy Kid series. He already read this (library copy) but has requested a copy for himself. This is a "read it over and over" type of book.
on December 28, 2017
My 10 year old son absolutely loves these books. Great books for kids and they make reading fun! A must for parents who have children who don’t adore reading!
VINE VOICEon December 14, 2011
I had just about given up on this series. I loved books one and two. Book three was ok, but books four and five just didn't live up to the first two. It was almost as though Kinney was writing the books only so as not to disappoint his millions of young fans. I had also read somewhere that book five was to be the last in the series, so I was rather surprised when the announcement came about book six. Fortunately for me, I am a school librarian and my students love this series. Therefore I had to read Cabin Fever in order to stay current with my students. I'm glad I did, because this book reignited my love for the series.

What I liked about the book: Greg is less whiny in this book. Oh, sure - he's still the King of Bad Choices, but he actually seems to grow a little, in spite of himself. That was my problem with books four and five - Greg seemed rather stagnant. I like that the book is a quick, easy and entertaining read. Kinney certainly knows his audience and does a great job of meeting their expectations.

What I didn't like about the book: Can't think of anything I didn't like.

As I mentioned my students (3rd - 5th grade) are crazy about this series. Our pre-winter break library lesson involved a book talk about Cabin Fever and then they had an indoor snowball fight. They each wrote an adjective about snow on three slips of paper, balled them up and spent 60 seconds having a snowball fight. At the end of the fight they took three "snowballs" that had landed near them and used the three words to write a poem about snow on their blog. They had a great time. I'm not sure which they enjoyed more - the excerpt I read from the book or the snowball fight.

AR Reading level: 5.8

Recommended for 3rd grade and up.

Mrs. Archer's rating: 5 of 5!
47 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2011
Ordered this book by pre-order as my son loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.
We read the books together and I get upset with him if he reads ahead as I enjoy the books
just as much as he does. We laugh at the similarities in the book that happen with us in real life as well. Jeff Kinney really excels at bringing
real life situations into his books so kids can
relate and laugh at their trials in life dealing with
school, teachers, friends, parents, siblings, family members and even neighbors.The book arrived on time as promised and in New condition. I will forever continue to order products through Amazon.com as I've never been disappointed in what I ordered and received.
I do most my shopping online now and the
majority of that is through Amazon because of the ease of my shopping experience as well as the qualityof vendors and products.
One person found this helpful
on August 12, 2017
Gifts for my grandson. He enjoys these stories. So, when he comes to visit us, there are always a couple of them waiting for him to read.
One person found this helpful