Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cable Matters 6-Outlet Wall Mount Surge Protector ..." and save 49% off the $31.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Cable Matters 6-Outlet Wall Mount Surge Protector with 2.4A Dual USB Charging (Updated Version with Dimmed LED Light)
|Sale:||$16.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$14.00 (45%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- WALL MOUNT SURGE PROTECTOR converts any standard single gang wall outlet into a mini-charging station for powering, protecting, and re-charging mobile devices
- SURGE SUPPRESSOR with shared dual USB charging ports for charging two mobile devices simultaneously with a total of 2.4 amps; Dedicated USB ports eliminate the need for proprietary wall adapters and re-charger faster than a computer USB port
- SIMPLE AND SECURE INSTALLATION into any vertical grounded AC outlet with the integrated stabilizing post and included outlet mounting screw; Clean-up counter clutter and never forget where you left your phone with one centralized location for charging and storing
- RELIABLE POWER SURGE PROTECTION combines a 540 joules suppression rating, low clamping voltage, advanced X3 MOV safety shutdown technology, and EMI/RFI noise reduction to protect up to 8 connected devices
- 6-OUTLET tap with a diagnostic green Protected LED strip that verifies surge protection status at a glance; Includes a 2-Pack of Micro-USB charging cables compatible with Android or Windows phones and tablets
Did you know surge protectors wear out over time?Check out the Surge Protectors Buying Guide to learn how surge protectors keep your devices safe.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Compact Mini Charging Station
- Connect up to six AC power adapters.
- Auto-sensing smartphone and tablet ports.
- Smart chipset provides efficient and safe charging.
- Universally compatibility with devices supporting 5V USB charging.
- Updated version with dimmed 'Protected' LED.
- Advanced X3 metal oxide varistor in a fire-retardant ceramic casing uses high energy dissipation to absorb excess voltage.
- Safety shut-down technology uses built-in thermal fuses to power-off the connected equipment when any extended over-voltage is detected or at the surge protection end-of-life.
- Integrated over-current and over-voltage protection for your devices.
- 6 Outlet Wall Mount Surge Protector.
- 1 x 3 Foot Micro-USB Cable.
- 1 x 6 Foot Micro USB Cable.
- Removable wall-tap screw.
Simple & Safe
- Connect without worry.
- Guard your valuable devices.
- Constructed for long life.
- Electrical Rating: 15A, 120VAC.
- Dimensions: 5.25 x 5.5 x 1.25 inches.
- Joule Rating: 540 Joules.
- Clamping Voltage: 500V.
- Max Spike Current: 36,000A.
- EMI/RFI Filter Attenuation: 40 dB.
|Wall-Mount Surge Protector||Surge Protector w/ Slide-Out Phone Holders||Surge Protector w/ Rotating Outlets||Surge Protector w/ Top Slot Phone Holders||Surge Protector w/ Phone or Tablet Holder||Tamper Resistant Receptacle|
|Protected AC Outlets||6x||3x||4x||3x||2x||2x|
|Protected USB Ports||2x||2x||2x||4x||4x||2x|
|USB Charging Power||2.1A||2.1A||3.4A||4.8A||4.8A||3.4A|
|Color||Black / White||White||White||White||Black||White|
Compare to similar items
This item Cable Matters 6-Outlet Wall Mount Surge Protector with 2.4A Dual USB Charging (Updated Version with Dimmed LED Light)
Belkin 6-Outlet Pivot-Plug Wall Mount Power Strip Surge Protector, 1080 Joules (BP106000)
AmazonBasics 3-Outlet Surge Protector with 2 USB Ports
Belkin 6-Outlet Wall-Mount Surge Protector, 900 Joules (BSQ600bgW)
APC 6-Outlet Wall Surge Protector 1080 Joules with USB Charger Ports, SurgeArrest Wall Tap (P6WU2)
Belkin BSV300ttCW 3-Outlet Wall Mount Cradle Surge Protector with Dual USB Charging Ports (2.4 Amp Total)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cable Matters||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||4 x 5.6 x 2.7 in||6.8 x 3.1 x 5.3 in||1.8 x 3.3 x 3.3 in||3.63 x 80 x 1.62 in||1.5 x 5.51 x 4.02 in||5.5 x 2.3 x 2.95 in|
|Item Weight||0.6 lb||0.94 lb||3.52 ounces||5.12 ounces||0.56 lb||7.04 ounces|
|Style Name||—||Standard||3-Outlet and 2-USB||900 Joules||AC + 2 USB Charging Ports||2.4 AMP with Cradle|
Protected USB Charging Power
The 540 joules surge protection rating offers voltage suppression not available with the average wall outlet. Advanced X3 metal oxide varistor in a fire-retardant ceramic casing uses high energy dissipation to absorb excess voltage. Safety shut-down technology uses built-in thermal fuses to power-off the connected equipment when any extended over-voltage is detected or at the surge protection end-of-life. An EMI/RFI filter reduces AC line noise and radio frequency interference. A diagnostic Protected LED strip verifies protection at a glance so problems with any electrical outlet are noticed quickly.
Form And Function with Bonus Cables
Clean-up counter cable clutter and charge your mobile devices at one centralized location. This 6-outlet wall receptacle provides more options for powering and charging portable devices with bottom outlets that accommodate bulky adapters without blocking the USB ports. Two Micro USB charging cables are included.
True Universal USB Compatibility
Uniquely equipped USB ports have an intelligent chipset that charges devices from most manufacturers including Samsung.
- Not recommended for GFCI outlets with a reset button
- USB ports may not charge Windows tablets
- Micro-USB cables cannot charge an iPhone
Top customer reviews
I'm pretty sure I won't be buying anymore of the Belkins after using this. Both have 6 outlets and 2 USB, so functionally they aren't much different. But this one looks a little nicer and has a higher quality look to it, and is MUCH cheaper. Depending on the outlet location, sometimes I prefer the USB outlets on top (Belkin), while sometimes I prefer them on the front (this one), so USB location is a wash.
This goes on top of your wall outlet with a screw through the middle, so make sure yours is the kind with the screw right in the center of the plate. You will need to remove the screw and use the one included with this. You do not need to actually remove the outlet wall plate, just the screw.
Only your top outlet on the wall is actually electrically connected to this unit, the bottom only connects non-electrically for added stability.
One big negative that I tried to showcase in the attached images is the green "protected" light on top. All it needs is a teeny, tiny, LED indicator. Instead, you get a full-on nightlight with no way to turn it off. So for main living areas and bedrooms, I would not recommend this based on the light alone. For a kitchen, behind furniture, hallways, etc., this is not an issue and I highly recommend it.
[+] Nice look and feel, high quality
[+] 2 USB ports to make it easier to charge all your devices
[+] 2.4 amps is plenty to charge most any phone/tablet
[+] Easy to install/setup
[-] Green "protected" light turns this into a de facto nightlight - WAY too bright.
I don't knock this product for it, but in this day and age when the number of gadgets we have at home seems to multiply exponentially, I wish all manufacturers would include an option to disable status LEDs on their products. That way, those that like them can keep them on, and those of us that find them annoying and unnecessary can turn them off.
Comes with a single screw to mount it to the wall outlet and prevent it from coming out when unplugging items. All 6 plugs work great and its so convenient to have the additional 2 USB plugs.
4 stars because The green light at the top is very bright and on at all times (indicated the plug has power). It may be too bright for a dark sleeping area. So glad I bought it and I keep it plugged in in our living room where we charge most of our devices like phones, external batteries, accessories, etc. The green Light doesn't bother us where we have it presently. Would be nice if it had an optional dimming feature or a toggle switch to turn the green light off if desired. Its great buy and would definitely buy again for another outlet.
The one negative as others have said is that the green strip at the top is way too bright. I had read the reviews before purchasing, so I only got one of these for a spot behind the couch, and it works fine there. But I got a different model for the guestroom that didn't have the green light on top.
Had to return, which Amazon graciously gave me no problem over. The product description made it seem like it used a resettable breaker, like a PFC, not a one-time use it and lose it fuse. Sooner or later most people are going to overload a 6-outlet AC extender like this, which makes this unacceptable.
So, if you still go ahead and purchase this, absolutely make sure to not overload it.
Most recent customer reviews
Great product.Read more