Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort to HDMI / DVI / VGA (Mini DP to HDMI / DVI / VGA Male to Female 3-in-1 Adapter in Black-Thunderbolt / Thunderbolt 2 Port Compatible - Supporting 4K Resolution via HDMI
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Lightweight and portable adapter for connecting a Mini DisplayPort (Mini DP or mDP)/Thunderbolt™ 2 port compatible computer to an HDTV, monitor, or projector with HDMI/DVI/VGA; A separate HDMI/DVI/VGA cable (sold separately) is required
- Transmits both audio and video from computer or tablet to HD display via HDMI; Supports video resolutions up to 4K via HDMI or 1920x1200 and 1080p (Full HD) via VGA/DVI and flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels (no audio output via DVI or VGA)
- Low-profile connector does not block adjacent ports on your computer, has molded strain-relief for long life, and has ergonomically designed treads for easy plugging and unplugging
- Gold-plated connectors resist corrosion, provide rigidity, and improve the signal performance
- Compatible with Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro; Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Pro 3, Pro 2, Surfacebook (NOT Surface for Windows RT); Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, X230/X240s, L540, T540p, W540, Helix; Dell XPS 13/14/15/17, Latitude E7240/E7440, Precision M3800; Alienware 14/17/18; Acer Aspire R7/S7/V5/V7; Intel NUC; Asus Zenbook; HP Envy 14/17; Google Chromebook Pixel; Cyberpower Zeusbook Edge X6; Toshiba Satellite Pro S500, Tecra M11/A11
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
HDMI 4K Video & Authentic Audio
- Enjoy the 4Kx2K (3840x2160) video that your computer and a 4K display can offer.
- Supports video resolutions for 2K, HD 1080p, and below.
- Audio support for 2, 5.1, and 7.1 channels.
- HDCP compatible for viewing protected content.
Multiple Choice Display Options
- Choice of HDMI or VGA or DVI.
- Adapter connects only 1 display at a time.
- Video resolution support up to HD 1080 with VGA or DVI.
- Connect to a projector with VGA input.
- Enjoy immersive gaming with a DVI monitor.
Mini DisplayPort & Thunderbolt 2 Compatible
- Mac computers with Thunderbolt 2.
- Windows computers with Mini DisplayPort.
- Not Thunderbolt 3 compatible.
1) Gold-plated connector.
2) Easy-grip treads.
3) Low-profile Mini DP connector.
- Weighs less than 1 ounce.
- 4-inch cable tail.
- Travels easily in a laptop sleeve.
|Mini DP to HDMI/DVI/VGA||Mini DP to HDMI/DP/DVI||Mini DP to HDMI||Mini DP to DP||Mini DP to VGA||Mini DP to DVI|
|Thunderbolt Port Compatible||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Max Resolution||4K@30Hz (HDMI), 1080p@60Hz (DVI/VGA)||4K@30Hz (HDMI/DP), 1080p@60Hz (DVI)||1080p@60Hz||4K@60Hz||1080p@60Hz||1080p@60Hz|
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI/VGA Adapter - Black
OMorc 3-in-1 Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to DVI VGA HDMI TV Adapter Cable for Apple iMac and MacBook Surface Book Surface Pro 3/4 ThinkPad X1 – Black
Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (Mini DP to HDMI) in Black - Thunderbolt | Thunderbolt 2 Port Compatible
Cable Matters DisplayPort to HDMI / DVI / VGA (DP to HDMI / DVI / VGA Male to Female 3-in-1 Adapter - Supporting 4K Resolution via HDMI
NETGEAR Push2TV Wireless Display HDMI Adapter with Miracast (PTV3000) Certified for use with Kindle Fire HDX
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.99|
|Sold By||Cable Matters||Amazon.com||OptimMore||Cable Matters||Cable Matters||Bonnies Technologies|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 5.4 x 0.6 in||2.57 x 2.57 x 0.58 in||8 x 4 x 1 in||9.8 x 6.34 x 0.63 in||6.1 x 5 x 0.4 in||3.3 x 2 x 0.47 in|
Cable Matters Gold-Plated Mini DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort adapter is an indispensable companion for your Mac, PC, and tablet equipped with Mini DisplayPort. Connect your laptop or tablet to an HDTV for HD video (4K via HDMI) and audio streaming or to an HD monitor/projector with this adapter and an HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort cable (sold separately). Low-profile connector with molded strain-relief design increases durability. Ergonomically designed easy-grip treads make plugging and unplugging a breeze.
- Input: Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt 2 Port Male
- Output: HDMI Female, DVI Female, VGA Female; A separate HDMI/DVI/VGA cable (sold separately) is required
- Can only convert signal from Mini DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort. This is not a bi-directional adapter
- It does not support more than one output simultaneously
- No audio output from VGA and DVI
Compatibility (Incomplete List)
- Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro
- Microsoft Surface Pro/Pro 2/Pro 3 for Windows 8 Pro (NOT Surface/Surface 2 for Windows RT)
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, X230/240s, L430/440, L530/540, T430/440, T440s, T440p, T530/540p, W530/540, Helix
- Dell XPS 13/14/15/17, Latitude E7240/E7440, Precision M3800
- Alienware 14/17/18
- Acer Aspire R7/V7-482PG/V7-58
- Intel NUC
- Asus Zenbook UX303LA/UX303LN
- HP Envy 14/17
- Google Chromebook Pixel
- Cyberpower Zeusbook Edge X6-100/X6-200
- Toshiba Satellite Pro S500, Tecra M11/A11/S11
This adapter is not compatible with Thunderbolt 3 port.
Limited One-Year Warranty and Lifetime Product Support
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and iMac are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Easy to pack
Solid tight connections
Cons: None so far
Tried out all ports, VGA, HMDI and DVI all work smoothly and without a problem. On constant use, 6+ hours, the unit is barely warm to the touch. Requires no power source and comes with a clear plastic cap to put back on the DisplayPort tip to keep dirt out, though the output ports don't, but not an issue.
Side note, the ports used for HDMI, VGA and DVI outputs can NOT but used as inputs ports. The device you want to watch your entertainment off of MUST have a mini display port (Have not tried it on an adapter for other ports, might work or might not). If you are curious, ask in the Q & A section, someone might have an answer!
In addition - I also have used it as thunderbolt to hdmi, and it works fine with my computer.
In addition - I also have used it as thunderbold to hdmi to a netgear Push2TV NETGEAR Push2TV Wireless Display HDMI Adapter with Miracast (PTV3000) Certified for use with Kindle Fire HDX screen cast box to be able to do screen casting from tablet in the classroom. (We have all these 'smart' classrooms, but they haven't been updated in many years).
I have even connected this up with my tablet and my tv and did some work on there. Now, doing some work on a 46 inch LED TV. NOW THAT IS AWESOME!
I would recommend to ANYONE! This was a life saver. IT is STILL Going strong and I got it over a year ago.
With this device I can:
-Connect to a DVI
-HDMI (I can hook this to a tv if I wanted to)
CONS: Thunderbolt connection a little finicky in that I need to make sure it's pushed in and perpendicular to connector
DETAILS: I have a new 2015 mac book pro with only 1 HDMI and 2 Thunderbolt ports. I have multiple monitors as well as travel often. I need both the VGA and DVI ports. I'm able to use the monitor at my desk (VGA through an iogear KVM) and my workbench (DVI). I've had only two minor problems. The first is that the Display Port cable catches when inserting before completely seated. In this position, the monitor works but all the model and resolution metadata isn't communicated, meaning the mac uses the base resolution only. After I discovered that I only had to firmly push the cable further into the Display Port, the model and resolution were recognized by the mac. The second is that the cable can seat not perpendicular, leading to the same problem as not seating properly. After figuring these out, I've had no further problems and am completely satisfied.
This is the product to buy if your looking for this type of converter. Very pleased with the product.