Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ 2 Port Compatible) to HDMI/DVI/VGA Male to Female 3-in-1 Adapter in Black - Supporting 4K Resolution via HDMI
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight and portable adapter for connecting a Mini DisplayPort (Mini DP or mDP)/Thunderbolt™ 2 port compatible computer to an HDTV, monitor, or projector with HDMI/DVI/VGA; A separate HDMI/DVI/VGA cable (sold separately) is required
- Transmits both audio and video from computer or tablet to HD display via HDMI; Supports video resolutions up to 4K via HDMI or 1920x1200 and 1080p (Full HD) via VGA/DVI and flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels (no audio output via DVI or VGA)
- Low-profile connector does not block adjacent ports on your computer, has molded strain-relief for long life, and has ergonomically designed treads for easy plugging and unplugging
- Gold-plated connectors resist corrosion, provide rigidity, and improve the signal performance
- Compatible with Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro; Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Pro 3, Pro 2, Surfacebook (NOT Surface for Windows RT); Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, X230/X240s, L540, T540p, W540, Helix; Dell XPS 13/14/15/17, Latitude E7240/E7440, Precision M3800; Alienware 14/17/18; Acer Aspire R7/S7/V5/V7; Intel NUC; Asus Zenbook; HP Envy 14/17; Google Chromebook Pixel; Cyberpower Zeusbook Edge X6; Toshiba Satellite Pro S500, Tecra M11/A11
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ 2 Port Compatible) to HDMI/DVI/VGA Male to Female 3-in-1 Adapter in Black - Supporting 4K Resolution via HDMI
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cable Matters||Cable Matters||WEME||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||5.4 x 9 x 0.6 in||5 x 6.1 x 0.4 in||1.2 x 5.6 x 4.1 in||1.8 x 3.9 x 0.6 in|
Portable and Ergonomically Designed Adapter
The Cable Matters 3 in 1 Mini DisplayPort to HDMI / DVI / VGA Adapter is an indispensable companion for your Mac, PC, and tablet equipped with Mini DisplayPort. Connect your laptop or tablet to an HDTV or monitor for HD video (4K via HDMI). Low-profile Mini DislayPort connector with molded strain-relief design increases durability. Ergonomically designed easy-grip treads make plugging and unplugging a breeze.
Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 Port Compatible (Partial List)
- Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro (before 2016), MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro
- Microsoft Surface Pro/Pro 2/Pro 3 / Pro 4 (NOT Surface/Surface 2 for Windows RT)
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, X230/240s, L430/440, L530/540, T430/440, T440s, T440p, T530/540p, W530/540, Helix
- Dell XPS 13/14/15/17 (before 2016), Latitude E7240/E7440, Precision M3800
- Alienware 14/17/18
- Acer Aspire
- Intel NUC
- Asus Zenbook UX303LA/UX303LN
- HP Envy 14/17
- Cyberpower Zeusbook Edge X6-100/X6-200
- Toshiba Satellite Pro S500, Tecra M11/A11/S11
HDMI 4K Video & Authentic Audio
- Enjoy the 4Kx2K (3840x2160) video that your computer and a 4K display can offer
- Supports video resolutions for 2K, HD 1080p, and below
- Audio support for 2, 5.1, and 7.1 channels
- HDCP compatible for viewing protected content
Multiple Choice Display Options
- Choice of HDMI or VGA or DVI
- Adapter connects only 1 display at a time
- Requires a separate HDMI, VGA or DVI Cable
Latest or Legacy Display Companion
- Video resolution support up to HD 1080 with VGA or DVI
- Connect to a projector with VGA input
- Enjoy immersive gaming with a DVI monitor
Mini DisplayPort & Thunderbolt 2 Compatible
- Mac computers with Thunderbolt 2
- Windows computers with Mini DisplayPort
- NOT Thunderbolt 3 compatible
1) Gold-plated connector
2) Easy-grip treads
3) Low-profile Mini DP connector
- Weighs less than 1 ounce
- 4-inch cable tail
- Travels easily in a laptop sleeve
Top customer reviews
I have not noticed any issues with timing, flickering, or any other anomalies with this gizmo. I've tried it with HMDI (HDTVs), DVI monitors, and DVI and VGA projectors of varying brands. It worked great with all of them.
It is light, well built, and although the plastic seems like it might be slightly more fragile than the Apple equivalents, it is more than sturdy enough and feels quite solid. The screw downs are all recessed (a nice touch) and the connections are all gold plated (at least they look gold plated). The cable length is just right, and the connector itself fits perfectly. The cable itself is heavily molded and doesn't seem as fragile as other similar dongles, so it should stand up to years of abuse. The device is relatively small but obviously the box end is larger than a single DVI or VGA adapter, and measures about twice the length of an Apple DVI dongle and about 70-80% the length of most of my 3rd party dongles. On the other hand, it is thinner than my other dongles which helps in the bag. The weight comes in at 51g, compared to 32g for a single Apple DVI adapter, and 72g for a single 3rd party DVI adapter. Considering you'd need three separate adapters, you could be reducing your carry weight by over 4-fold.
I highly recommend this for any road warrior, or even a desktop jockey with a multitude of connections or monitors.
In addition - I also have used it as thunderbolt to hdmi, and it works fine with my computer.
In addition - I also have used it as thunderbold to hdmi to a netgear Push2TV NETGEAR Push2TV Wireless Display HDMI Adapter with Miracast (PTV3000) Certified for use with Kindle Fire HDX screen cast box to be able to do screen casting from tablet in the classroom. (We have all these 'smart' classrooms, but they haven't been updated in many years).
I have even connected this up with my tablet and my tv and did some work on there. Now, doing some work on a 46 inch LED TV. NOW THAT IS AWESOME!
I would recommend to ANYONE! This was a life saver. IT is STILL Going strong and I got it over a year ago.
With this device I can:
-Connect to a DVI
-HDMI (I can hook this to a tv if I wanted to)
CONS: Thunderbolt connection a little finicky in that I need to make sure it's pushed in and perpendicular to connector
DETAILS: I have a new 2015 mac book pro with only 1 HDMI and 2 Thunderbolt ports. I have multiple monitors as well as travel often. I need both the VGA and DVI ports. I'm able to use the monitor at my desk (VGA through an iogear KVM) and my workbench (DVI). I've had only two minor problems. The first is that the Display Port cable catches when inserting before completely seated. In this position, the monitor works but all the model and resolution metadata isn't communicated, meaning the mac uses the base resolution only. After I discovered that I only had to firmly push the cable further into the Display Port, the model and resolution were recognized by the mac. The second is that the cable can seat not perpendicular, leading to the same problem as not seating properly. After figuring these out, I've had no further problems and am completely satisfied.