Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 745 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 841 reviews
on October 1, 2014
This is a great addition to my Surface Pro 3. It works great and saves me needing to know in advance what type of projector I'll be connecting to. It's got the three most common ports, so it'll almost always get the job done. It only supports video out on one of the three ports at a time though. Don't think you're going to be able to drive three different monitors or projectors at once. Video quality is great on the two connectors that I've used (VGA and HDMI - I haven't tried the DVI connector yet).
on January 22, 2014
Like many with a current MacBook, I am (correction - WAS) carrying around 2-4 dongles for connecting my peripherals while on the road. This one little box, thankfully, consolidated three of them into one. I like the ability to drive any type of display from the one unit and so far, it has worked with everything I have thrown at it.

I have not noticed any issues with timing, flickering, or any other anomalies with this gizmo. I've tried it with HMDI (HDTVs), DVI monitors, and DVI and VGA projectors of varying brands. It worked great with all of them.

It is light, well built, and although the plastic seems like it might be slightly more fragile than the Apple equivalents, it is more than sturdy enough and feels quite solid. The screw downs are all recessed (a nice touch) and the connections are all gold plated (at least they look gold plated). The cable length is just right, and the connector itself fits perfectly. The cable itself is heavily molded and doesn't seem as fragile as other similar dongles, so it should stand up to years of abuse. The device is relatively small but obviously the box end is larger than a single DVI or VGA adapter, and measures about twice the length of an Apple DVI dongle and about 70-80% the length of most of my 3rd party dongles. On the other hand, it is thinner than my other dongles which helps in the bag. The weight comes in at 51g, compared to 32g for a single Apple DVI adapter, and 72g for a single 3rd party DVI adapter. Considering you'd need three separate adapters, you could be reducing your carry weight by over 4-fold.

I highly recommend this for any road warrior, or even a desktop jockey with a multitude of connections or monitors.
44 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2017
In our larger classrooms, the LCD projectors are way in back (clasroom for 150-200), and the only laptop connector at the front is a VGA. My computer has a VGA connector (that normally works just fine connecting to VGA) but in this room, a large fraction of laptops won't see the projector when trying to use that VGA. (I suspect that the VGA amplifier/splitter that they have in that room must not be up to spec). Anyway, this connector seems to be able to handle that non-up-to-spec VGA so that I can use my computer's thunderbolt connection instead and finally be able to use my laptop in that room.

In addition - I also have used it as thunderbolt to hdmi, and it works fine with my computer.

In addition - I also have used it as thunderbold to hdmi to a netgear Push2TV NETGEAR Push2TV Wireless Display HDMI Adapter with Miracast (PTV3000) Certified for use with Kindle Fire HDX screen cast box to be able to do screen casting from tablet in the classroom. (We have all these 'smart' classrooms, but they haven't been updated in many years).
on August 5, 2014
Works great with my Mac. I regularly deliver Power Point presentations at various companies and conference centers. This gives me a lot of flexibility in a single device. Highly recommend.
on September 29, 2016
I have a Surface Pro, but frankly, the screen was a bit to small for me after a while. I had been bugging to get a desktop when it hit me, "I should just hook my tablet to a monitor!" This was just the gadget. IT SAVED ME SO MUCH MONEY!!! I didnt have to spend hours backing up information. I didnt have to go spend HUNDREDS getting a new computer. I didnt have to get used to a new lay out.
I have even connected this up with my tablet and my tv and did some work on there. Now, doing some work on a 46 inch LED TV. NOW THAT IS AWESOME!

I would recommend to ANYONE! This was a life saver. IT is STILL Going strong and I got it over a year ago.

With this device I can:
-Connect to a DVI
-VGA
-HDMI (I can hook this to a tv if I wanted to)
on July 5, 2016
PROS: Handles DVI, HDMI, VGA well; Mac had no problem recognizing the type and resolution of the monitor
CONS: Thunderbolt connection a little finicky in that I need to make sure it's pushed in and perpendicular to connector

DETAILS: I have a new 2015 mac book pro with only 1 HDMI and 2 Thunderbolt ports. I have multiple monitors as well as travel often. I need both the VGA and DVI ports. I'm able to use the monitor at my desk (VGA through an iogear KVM) and my workbench (DVI). I've had only two minor problems. The first is that the Display Port cable catches when inserting before completely seated. In this position, the monitor works but all the model and resolution metadata isn't communicated, meaning the mac uses the base resolution only. After I discovered that I only had to firmly push the cable further into the Display Port, the model and resolution were recognized by the mac. The second is that the cable can seat not perpendicular, leading to the same problem as not seating properly. After figuring these out, I've had no further problems and am completely satisfied.
on June 2, 2014
The Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) 3 in 1 Display adapter provides the three most common video connectors for use with any Mini Display Port. Great for either Macbook Pro or Air models - especially when you consider that if you were to purchase the same connector(s) from Apple directly it would cost you $30 (approx) for each connector - where with the Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) you get all three in one small sleek unit for the price of one.
on June 14, 2014
This device worked perfectly with my Surface Pro. I connected using the HDMI and VGA connections and it all worked flawlessly. I also connected this to a projector and had excellent results for several sales meetings. It it compact and lightweight allowing me to travel with very little extra weight in my computer bag. I would strongly recommend this device.
on March 12, 2016
This works when directly connected to the Surface Pro 4 for me .. but not with the Dock (reliably anyhow). So I ordered the Microsoft-sanctioned VGA adapter after having checked that the Microsoft HDMI adapter worked properly when connected to the Dock and reading other reviews. Seems to follow the Apple model of proprietary connectors, joy. You can run but you cannot hide.
on April 8, 2015
This unit is Awesome! Hooked it up to my MacBook Air and it worked fine with a DVI cable. Coupled this with an Apple Bluetooth keyboard and track pad and it is unbeatable. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and no problems. Far more cost effective than buying the Apple Store items at the much higher prices. This is a winner.

SEE THIS!!! Well, here I am 5 weeks later and the DisplayPort stopped working. What a disappointment it is. It was working so great and just died. So I am going to return it and get another and hope it last longer (much longer). I've read reviews on the display adaptors from Apple and many of them complain of product failure in a short period of time. At least these are cheaper than Apple store.