Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,799 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,879 reviews
on September 4, 2015
This cable does let you do 4K Resolution at 60 hz. None of the other reviews specifically stated this so I wanted to put my comments and review here. Your video card needs to support 4K and be able to do 60Hz along with your Monitor. So check your Monitor specs and Video card specs to see if it supports 4K.

one other note I want to add is that as soon as I plugged it in, the monitor would not do the 60Hz! It was doing Full 4K at 30 Hz which made the mouse slow and "laggy"

Go into your Monitor Settings from pressing those convoluded buttons on the monitor and find out where to set it to DisplayPort 1.2 then it will work.

so a recap to get full HD 4K at 60Hz
1. Your monitor needs to Support 4K @ 60 hertz - With DisplayPort 1.2
2. Your Video Card needs to be powerful and support 4K Video @ 60 Hertz
3. You need to use DisplayPort Cable to connect Monitor to Computer(Video Card)
4. You need to set your Monitor to use DisplayPort 1.2 (It not set by default, you need to find it and change it to get 60 Hertz) - This one is what was catching me till I found out about DisplayPort 1.2 - http://www.geek.com/chips/displayport-1-2-enables-full-4k-x-2k-resolution-3d-stereo-beyond-full-hd-and-more-1057322/

Hope that helps
11 comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2017
UPDATED:

Original order of both cables apparently came from a defective batch. After posting about this, Cable Matters Customer service was VERY QUICK to contact me and send me out two working cables.

The new Cables work as expected at a fraction of the cost. They are not fancy shmancy cables but couple with the customer service i experienced, I think this deserves five stars and will consider Cable Matters brands again!
on May 14, 2016
Bought several sets of these for dual monitor set-ups at work. Haven't failed us yet in over 2 years of use. Inexpensive compared to other vendors for those that might use Staples or other business accounts. Well worth it if you've got DisplayPort PC and monitor hook ups. Works like HDMI with audio. Would be great for a single monitor setup as well. The cables are thick and durable.

I actually prefer these to HDMI connections since they lock on instead of just plug in. HDMI tends to weigh down on some connections since they don't have that locked in fitting.
on September 20, 2016
Really helped improve my video output from the monitor and hdmi I was using. There definitely is a noticeable difference from DisplayPort to HDMI. The only thing I have against them though is the rubber cable it uses for the cable itself. It kinks real easy and retains the curves from originally opening the box. Outside that though it's cool it has a lock on it to prevent it from falling out. It's a blessing and a curse because at least for my monitor. My button is on the backside of my monitor so I really have to fight to get it out but outside that is fine.
on October 9, 2016
Used on my Gaming PC with the 980 Ti. Cable is smooth and no problems displaying. I use it with my Pixie PX277 monitor 144HZ IPS monitor. I needed an extra foot and the supplied 3 door was kinda tight so I went with this cable. I'd highly recommend the monitor, if you're on a budget, and I'd highly recommend this cable if you need one. Can't beat the price or quality, 144HZ is smooth as butter, and Borderlands 2 on 2K 200FPS+ is a whole new game. Can't believe I used an Xbox to play this game when there was so much I was missing. Oh yeah, it shipped same day no problems with anything.
on July 15, 2016
It works. The length is wonderfully longer than necessary at 15 feet. I could've gone with 10ft. I recommend either the 10ft or 15ft if you are using it for a display on your desk with the computer somewhere to the left on the ground. 6ft is hit or miss in situations where your desktop is facing back towards you. In my situation it's my only option. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the window on my case that is otherwise a minimalistic black box. Though if you want to hook this up to a fancy TV with display port, go with 25ft. Any more than that is just insane unless you got a big fancy house that I can't afford.
on February 6, 2015
I connect a dvi to hdmi cable with a dvi to displayport converter to connect my computer to the monitor. However, if you connect hdmi end to the computer and displayport to the monitor, it would not have any signal. I had thought my monitor had something wrong with its displayport. but when I connect the cable reversely, it actually worked, which means there is nothing wrong with my cable and converter. for some complicated reason I have to use the displayport on my monitor, so i bought this displayport cable, it works, which means signal would not pass through hdmi to display but it would work the other way around, which is a new lesson to me. Good to know.
the cable is strong and thick. great cable
on January 16, 2016
Works perfectly on my PC @ 3840 x 2160 running freeSync. I have no flickering or issues.
review image
on May 15, 2015
The cable and packaging arrived in great condition, arrives in a very nice anti static looking/foil baggie. Does everything you need it to. The only reason I'm taking a star off is for the fact that amazon/cable matters are going to charge 8.23 to return the cable. After I received my new monitor I noticed that it already had a DP cable with it.. so;
Just be wary.. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHETHER OR NOT YOUR MONITOR IS COMING WITH A DP CABLE. Not worth returning the item for only a 0.73 refund, so I'm going to keep it.. maybe somewhere down the road I'll need it.

Good product
review image
I've used a lot of Cable Matters cables! They have all been very reliable and well made. This is no exception.

This display port has well made connectors having positive locking. The cable is quite reasonably supple and slender so it's much easier to run then, say, a old-school VGA cable.

It worked perfectly between a Dell tablet dock and monitor at 1920X1080 resolution.

Because it works perfectly and Cable Matters is one of my top go-to cable providers with consistently excellent cables this displayport cable is getting 5 stars