Cable Matters Gold-Plated SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Y-Cable (20 Inches)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$6.00 (46%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HARD DRIVE COMPANION connects a Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, or Raspberry Pi with low power USB ports to a portable external USB 3.0 hard drive or DVD burner with a Micro-B USB port for access to stored games, videos, and files
- CLEVER Y-CABLE DESIGN provides extra power with an integrated 7 inch cable; Connect both cables to adjacent USB ports for 1TB or more USB 3.0 external hard drives that cannot be powered from a single USB port; Ideal solution for hard drives that are not recognized by your gaming console because they have insufficient power to operate; Connect a USB 3.0 powered monitor such as the ASUS MB MB168B+ 15.6-Inch or AOC Portable USB 3.0 LED Monitor
- SUPERSPEED USB 3.0 rated for fast files transfers at 10x the speed of USB 2.0 utilizing the bi-directional data transfer of USB 3.0 technology; Backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION - The combination of gold-plated connectors, bare copper conductors, and foil & braid shielding provides superior cable performance and EMI/RFI reduction for error-free data transmission; Engineered with molded strain relief connectors for durability and easy-grip treads for frequent unplugging
- HARD DRIVE COMPATIBLE with USB 2.0/3.0 portable, external hard drives such as HGST Touro Mobile, HGST Touro S, InaTeck HDD, Pioneer USB 3.0 Blu-Ray Burner, Samsung 840 EVO, Samsung 850 Pro, Samsung Ultra-Slim Optical Drive, Seagate Backup PLus, Seagate Backup Plus Slim, Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable, Seagate Wireless PlusToshiba Canvio, Toshiba 2TB Canvio Basics, WD Elements 2TB Portable, WD 500 GB Portable, WD My Passport Ultra, WD 1TB External, Western Digital Passport Ultra
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Convenient Gaming Accessory
The Cable Matters USB 3.0 Y Cable is an indispensable accessory for Wii U, PS3, and Xbox owners that want to expand their storage with a USB 3.0 external hard drive. Simply connect the Micro-USB connector to the external hard drive, the blue USB 3.0 connector to a USB port for data transfer and lastly the shorter USB cable to an adjacent USB port for providing additional power
Flexible but Sturdy Construction with an Unbeatable Warranty
This unique USB 3.0 Y-cable is engineered with molded strain relief connectors for durability, a flexible cable jacket, and easy-grip treads for frequent unplugging. The combination of gold-plated connectors, bare copper conductors, and foil & braid shielding provides superior cable performance and EMI/RFI reduction for an error-free data transmission. A lifetime warranty with lifetime product support is included with the cable.
- Input 1 (Data): USB 3.0 Micro-B – Male
- Input 2 (Power): USB 3.0 Type A – Male
- Output: USB 3.0 Type A – Male
- Cable Rating: USB 3.0 data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
1 x Micro-B USB to USB 3.0 Y Cable
Limited Lifetime Warranty and Product Support
Seller Warranty DescriptionLimited Lifetime Warranty and Product Support
Top customer reviews
I was able to hook up a Western Digital Passport Ultra (USB 3.0 2TB) drive to my Wii U which was detected once I turned on the Power. The Wii U prompted me to format the device. When that was done, I went into the Storage Manager and copied Pikman 3 and The LEGO Movie off the internal storage to the external drive. It took a long time, but the bottleneck was the Wii U.
Anyhow, I played Pikman 3 for over an hour off the external drive and haven't run into any issues.
So, the cable worked perfectly.
That's where this cable comes in. Since my gaming console has two USB 2.0 ports, I was able to use this Y-cable to harness the power of BOTH ports to run the HDD. Worked perfectly. This is a good solution for those who are trying to power modern USB 3.0 devices off of dated USB 2.0 ports. Price was great, product seems to be high quality. Very satisfied.
So i decided to purchase this cable set for this matter and now the External Hard-drive works perfectly on the Wii U and i have not had any troubles whatsoever with it. I already transfer the game data from the console memory to the External Hard-drive, i though it would take a long time but it did it pretty fast like a couple of mins or so which is good and playing games from it i have not encounter any problems as well so it works great.
fully recommend it to get this type of cable set if you are trying to make an External Hard-drive work for your Wii U console or for another device, plus since it has gold plating in it as well the cables feel very strong and not cheap.
I didn't want to run another power supply for the hard drive, but thanks to a gamer friend, I was told by a reliable source that this would solve that problem, and it has for me!
Highly recommended if you want to run a external drive without running a power supply to it.
Long story short. This worked exactly as I hoped. I couldn't be happier with it. My Wii U is no longer suffocating on storage space because of this cable.